It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes 20 week abortion ban.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Don't confuse the prolife movement with the RCC. They are but one(radical) aspect of this issue. They have always been "conform or else". Been that way for millennia.

And we are splitting hairs here. Looking at an extremely small percentage of cases to work on the whole. I think I read here that these cases are 1.3%. Then add in only RCC hospitals available(which I have doubts about) and you've got a percentage of a percentage.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

So we should look the other way because the numbers of those who will suffer from this policy are low?

If this was gun rights, under fire, instead of women's rights, this creeping intrusion would not be tolerated!

edit on 4-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

How are poor babies treated in Denmark. They are treated real bad in the US. These same lawmakers did not renew health insurance for 9 million chlidren called CHIPS. It also paid for pre natal care. That good old Christian tough love.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Until that MIGHT happen this is all pointless drama queen posturing... or is it???

You mean, until we give him a chance to enact Pence's oppressive BS agenda, we should pipe down?

What would the gossipy dramatic posturing actually accomplish? Then? Or n the meantime?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So we should look the other way because the numbers of those who will suffer from this policy are low?

I addressed that on the previous page. Why are you so against considering logic?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

well, those who want to claim this as being pointless "drama queen" stuff, hey there's a whole slew of other threads that can play on!! what's the hot topic for today?? which side can we pin the LV shooting on... before that it was puerto rico, then it was the NFL...
I needed a diversion from that mess... so here I am.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

gossipy dramatic posturing

WTF? Speaking out against the passage of a Bill that attacks women's autonomy, their civil rights and calls for government interference between a woman and her doctor is "gossipy dramatic posturing"?

Say that about gun right activists.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Why are you so against considering logic?

I must have missed the logic part.
edit on 4-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

well, those who want to claim this as being pointless "drama queen" stuff, hey there's a whole slew of other threads that can play on!! what's the hot topic for today?? which side can we pin the LV shooting on... before that it was puerto rico, then it was the NFL...
I needed a diversion from that mess... so here I am.

Why do you think it said all of this:

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: dawnstar

Until that MIGHT happen this is all pointless drama queen posturing... or is it???

Back in the 'old days', like before Obama was elected (the year of our Lord), this 'dead babies' stuff was like the cream of partisan bickering.

Then along came the identity politics and a burgeoning race war became the face of 'progress'.

Seriously, whom doesn't long for the old days of obligatory abortion being the bulk of the daily partisan bickering drama?

It's like those Bush billboards "you miss me yet"?

Dont mind me I cant stand these "Moral Emotional Wedge Issues" (which also includes all the stuff you were just saying, and I was right there) and all the goes no where polarized bickering it all causes, so I'm just being a needle. Rib rib.

edit on 4-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

WTF? Speaking out against the passage of a Bill that attacks women's autonomy...

And we have the crux of the issue. "You will not tell women what to do".

That was yesterday.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

really, I think the crux of the op was that this law would be endangering the health and wellbeing of pregnant women and forcing them risk their own heath carrying non-viable babies to term which also increasing the cost, of which they might not be able to easily handle..
and really does very little to stop those "convenience abortions" you want to clump that 1.3% post 20 weeks abortions as being, since it would be way more convenient and less costly to take care of those convenience abortions long before then!!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

WTF? Speaking out against the passage of a Bill that attacks women's autonomy...

That was yesterday.

No, the crux is "You will not force women to do what you want."

Gun rights issues are on par with women's rights issues.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: DupontDeux

a reply to: DupontDeux

In Denmark:

. A woman may also be granted an authorization to abort after 12 weeks if certain circumstances are proved to be present (such as poor socioeconomic condition of the woman; risk of birth defects to fetus; the pregnancy being the result of rape; mental health risk to mother).[2]

Abortion in Denmark

My point exactly - I think it would be far easier for conservative lawmakers (i.e. their constituency) to accept a wider range of post ban abortions. As it is, with abortion laws there in their opinion already is much too lenient, they will fight to limit any form of abortion.

To add perspective to (post ban) abortions in Denmark:

1)
Each post ban abortion must be especially approved by a special council.
2)
Abortions are NEVER granted past week 24
3)
Almost all late abortions is before week 20
4)
Denmark has one of *the* lowest abortion rates in the entire world (for comparison, the US abortion rate is about 60% higher than the Danish).

In Denmark at least the week 12 ban is a win for everyone.

Denmark also allows all women access to prenatal care no matter their financial situation.
That makes a HUGE difference.

That is of course true - good point.

However, the abortion rate is substantially lower than, say, Sweden's, and half that of the EU.

People from Denmark can go to another country after those twelve weeks

Sure, they might have to pay for services, but they can get an abortion. It's like crossing state lines in the US to buy illegal fireworks or weed, but they are separate nations.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

That was yesterday.

No, the crux is "You will not force women to do what you want."

Right and logic be damned.

Gun rights issues are on par with women's rights issues.

Only in that they are politicized and fought by emotional people. Again no logic. No compromise. Until then it's useless discussing it with both sides of the issue.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are uneducated teenagers getting the half million plus abortions every year?
Or is it mostly people over the age of 18?

That would be an interesting number

Regardless of age, if you want to decrease abortions and unexpected pregnancies, then educating people on safe sex is the way to go.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Right and logic be damned.

Again, I don't see any right (correctness) or logic in your argument.

No compromise. Until then it's useless discussing it with both sides of the issue.

There's no need for compromise. Roe V Wade isn't broken and doesn't need fixing.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oh, the hypocrisy.

edit on 4-10-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

There's no need for compromise. Roe V Wade isn't broken and doesn't need fixing.

Are you familiar with this decision? Or do you think that it means one can have an abortion anytime? If so you should read up on it.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
but, even if you somehow eliminated all the unwanted pregnancies, while you would probably eliminate most of those done in the early trimesters, it probably would have very little effect when it comes to those done after the 20 week mark, because I still say that those were pregnancies that were either wanted or accepted. at 20 weeks not only is an abortion gonna cost you about three times as much if not more, but you are venturing into the point where it becomes safer to carry the child to term than to abort unless there is something drastically wrong with the pregnancies.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Are you familiar with this decision?

What decision, Roe V Wade, or the Pain Capable 20 Week Abortion ban?

Or do you think that it means one can have an abortion anytime?

What do you think Roe V Wade says about women having abortions anytime?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join