It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes 20 week abortion ban.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's time for this nonsense to come to an end once and for all.

What nonsense is that?

The legalization of infanticide and the politicization of lives.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Infanticide is NOT legal in the Unite States.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Because on this issue there's little room for compromise.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Sure it is... they simply change the definition of life when convenient. It's the sickest, most barbaric practice "medicine" has managed to come up with and we've endorsed it nearly 60 million times since an activist contingent of SCOTUS judges blessed it as "legal." The only difference between an abortion doctor and a serial killer is that we all know the abortion doctor is a killer before he makes the news for what he's done.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Sure it is... they simply change the definition of life when convenient.

No, words have meanings. Communication depends on agreeing to language, words and their meanings. I can't take you seriously if you can't agree to basic communication concepts, like the mean of words.

Abortion and infanticide are not the same. You may think that they're both murder, but that would be your opinion.

This thread isn't about banning ABORTION, as you wish. It's about limiting it to 20 weeks. What difference does it make to you whether a mother murders her fetus at 6 weeks or 21 weeks, if it's all infanticide to you?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

first I believe it was the republicans that politicized the issue of abortion...

second of all...

it seems that the law that you are oh so hoping will be passed to put an end to "it" seems to diminish the lives of women to below the lives of the life that is growing within them as it is written...
that just isn't acceptable!!

I'm not politicizing it, I am just stating a fact..
you cannot place the life and well being of a pregnant women below that of the fetus she might happen to be carrying! a pregnant women has the same right to self preservation as anyone else, and deserves that same quality of healthcare even when the thing that she is trying to protect herself is something that is growing inside her and the treatment that is needed is an abortion.

don't you think your republican congressmen and women know that women have this right to self preservation and any abortion law that they write that attempts to strip them of it will be found unconstitutional? aren't you just a tad bit suspicious that every law is seems that they presented has completely ignored this fundamental right? I am not politicizing anything, I am just worried that one of these times something will manage to get through and we will start seeing women dying needlessly. I would say the ones politicizing would be those republicans who are deliberately writing law after law, pretending to be oh so concerned about abortion while knowing danged well the laws that they are writing are gonna be shot down time and again! just to ensure the have the religious right votes next time they come up for re election!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh the hue and cry about "life" from those who favor militarized police, constant warmongering and the death penalty, coupled with a non-existent welfare state.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
and oh ya, women should pay more in insurance for the pre-existing condition of being the world's baby makers, and they can pay for their birth control out of pocket, and oh ya, they can pay for a higher priced policy if they want to be covered for pregnancy!!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
and oh ya, women should pay more in insurance for the pre-existing condition of being the world's baby makers, and they can pay for their birth control out of pocket, and oh ya, they can pay for a higher priced policy if they want to be covered for pregnancy!!

Well, you didn't think you were equals now, did'ya little lady?

/s

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

SAVE THE BAAABIES!!!!

followed by

I AIN'T PAYIN' FOR NO WOMANS BIRTH CONTROL.

followed by

I AIN'T PAYIN' TO KEEP UP OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
you guys aren't doing yourselves any favors. Do you know you sound like children demanding their way?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Sure it is... they simply change the definition of life when convenient. It's the sickest, most barbaric practice "medicine" has managed to come up with and we've endorsed it nearly 60 million times since an activist contingent of SCOTUS judges blessed it as "legal." The only difference between an abortion doctor and a serial killer is that we all know the abortion doctor is a killer before he makes the news for what he's done.

I agree. I can never understand the pro unborn baby killer mentality. I think it is a barbaric practice and an indication of a primitive mindset. Not very enlightened at all.

But unborn baby killing is legal. So we have to accept that as reality, unfortunately.

That being said, this will never pass the senate.

I firmly believe that congress does things like this to give the impression that they actually give a sh#t. It's all for show, like their "repeals" of Obamacare. They never intend for these laws to pass.

This way they can "say" they did something and people will believe them, without congress actually having to do anything.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
you guys aren't doing yourselves any favors. Do you know you sound like children demanding their way?

Addressing that to anyone in particular, Intrepid?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

By the way, that "PC" you say you hate so much?

"Pro Unborn Baby Killer" is a prime example of right-wing PC.

You know they're not "babies" until they are born or at least viable.

That doesn't keep you from mouthing the right words to evoke the emotional response you want, does it?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Read the page and see for yourself. Without blinders.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Read the page and see for yourself. Without blinders.

I have. All I see are the clashing of different agendas and narratives ... because that's all this is.

If you don't want an abortion, don't get one. If you don't have a uterus, it's not your call.

Problem solved with zero statist overreach.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

That doesn't keep you from mouthing the right words to evoke the emotional response you want, does it?

I just gave my opinion.

You obviously disagree.

(big surprise)

You can relax, you're still free to kill unborn children if you want.

*shrug*
edit on 4-10-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I just gave my opinion.

You obviously disagree.

(big surprise)

You an relax, you're still free to kill unborn children if you want.

*shrug*

Duh. And you're free not to have an abortion if you don't want to ... oh wait ... no possible way it can actually affect you at this point is there? You just want to mandate behaviors and morality for others.

Keep spouting that PC mantra though. It's not "PC" when your side does it, eh? Pfft.
edit on 4-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Sure it is... they simply change the definition of life when convenient.

No, words have meanings. Communication depends on agreeing to language, words and their meanings. I can't take you seriously if you can't agree to basic communication concepts, like the mean of words.

Believe me, I sleep perfectly fine at night in the knowledge you fail to "take me seriously." Plenty out there do, in fact, take me seriously on issues like this and those who do will eventually manage to right this wrong, which will lead us back to the days when abortion... ALL abortion, is illegal.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

it seems that the law that you are oh so hoping will be passed to put an end to "it" seems to diminish the lives of women to below the lives of the life that is growing within them as it is written...
that just isn't acceptable!!

...yet we stand here at an impasse between selective embracing of personal responsibility and "it takes a village." What a steaming pile of hyperbolic horsecrap! If the woman has the child, then by God the dad and any of us working are expected to pitch in and grant her the privilege of an easy ride, forced to do so by threat of law, in fact. Yet we've zero say in that proceeding.

The abortion issue is a caracature of epic proportions, a freaking joke laid at the feet of society by a collective of people who must at all costs tightrope a line between victimhood when convenient and empowered superiority (no, it's not "equality") when that's convenient. Times change and believe me, they're changing right now in front of our eyes. History has a strange way of repeating itself, especially when society realizes they've gone too far in one direction, which has happened with the SCOTUS' activist ruling on Roe V Wade.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join