It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent
a reply to: opethPA

When the story first broke on the news, they were talking abut "multiple" gunmen and witnesses were talking about hearing multiple guns going off.

Now it's been pinned on a single 64 year old from a retirement village.

Something doesn't add up.

Sending good vibes to all those caught up in this tragedy.

They all start like that, tho.

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: BlackSkinhead

What are you talking about?

Europe never had a chronic problem with mass shootings. They were extremely rare events, and to simply say that a gun ban solved anything, is completely ignorant. So, try again.

Or better yet, stop trying as your premise is just false.

You know.. until recently with all the muslim extremists and all of the knife attacks. Killing is killing, with a gun, a rock, a hammer, a baseball bat, fists.. etc etc.

Ban Retarded People.

link   

Okay, took you long enough to show your true colours.

I'm done with your BS.

link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Over 400 injured according to Sky now.

It looked like an open air outdoor festival. How many got trampled in the general stampede to escape, not counting those who actually got shot?

+5 more 
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

Europe never had a chronic problem with mass shootings. They were extremely rare events, and to simply say that a gun ban solved anything, is completely ignorant. So, try again.

It's your gun laws and #ed up right wing media. Believe it or not but most of your recent mass shootings are committed by young/ under 30 kids that are brainwashed with right wing racist media

Who Omar matteen in Orlando?

Or the man from Sudan last week?

I love where this is going.

First you blame guns, now it's the right wing media.

Anyone else you would like to blame other than the actual shooter?
edit on 2-10-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: ARM1968

For all those who died, your blood is on the hands of everyone of your countrymen who support the right to carry arms.

I'm pretty sure the the guns used here were probably illegal..
and most of us in the US support the right to carry guns of one kind of another...
it's just how far we should go when it comes to those guns that are for military purposes than they are for hunting purposes.
but, it's quite unfair to say that we all have blood on our hands.
and if you took the guns away from everyone, the crazies would just find another way to kill. when it comes to killing it seems that people have no problem finding new and more effective ways to do it.

this is what?? the third attack in the past three or so day, and I believe they may have all been on the No. American Continent, although I could be wrong about one of them????

YES the crazies WOULD find a way, but it would be so much harder for them. A nut with a knife is not going to kill 50+ people at a concert.

I am always amazed that those of us who see the sickness you cling to as wrong are immediately cast as haters or deluded. Come on. How many, this year alone, have been killed by firearms in the USA. It’s thousands. Is that a price you continually wish to pay?

see this is a common misconception. it is not hard to find a vast majority of ways to kill a large amount of people in the blink of an eye or very subtly without anyone even noticing until its too late. if a person is willing to die to carry out horrific acts like this, a whole slew of options become available. just imagine if he had made himself an explosive vest and blew himself up at the event. could have easily killed and injured just as many people. the act is just the sympton of a deeper rooted problem

Yeah mate. Very cerebral. How often does that actually happen? To you and ALL your right to carry brothers and sisters, how many have died in the USA as a result of firearms so far this year. Look at the numbers and then we can talk.

see the thing is those people are going to commit a crime. if u want to talk about automatic weapons that are highly illegal like this which is very uncommon for any gun owner to possess, then those numbers are tiny. more would die to hammers in comparison. besides your missing the point. people that are going to commit a heinous act will find a way to carry it out one way or another. theres thousands of cases going back throughout mans history for thousands of years long before a firearm ever existed. pandoras box has been opened. the knowledge is out there and its easier then ever in this day and age to create something on a tiny budget with just a little time. shoot i could go to the uk, enter a hardware store and buy everything i need to make a shotgun for under 50 quid

Doesn’t the ease with which you can source guns and annoying in the USA make it a tad easier?

Looks like you’re all sighing with relief that this might be a full auto or illegal weapon while the rest of us are like - really?

Does that make it ok then? I mean how many have been killed in the USA so far this year with entirely legal weapons?

too many but again we dont live in a perfect world. people are going to commit acts using the knowledge available to them. shoot these days u can 3d print a firearm and not some crappy firearm that will wear out in a few shots. ones that are just as good as a traditionally manufactured firearms. the vast majority of gun owners in the US never commit any crimes. in a country with over 300 million people your going to statistically have nut jobs popping up, its amazing its not worse. look at china and the knife and hammer attacks they had that left dozens dead and many more injured recently. sick people will find ways to do harm to others. theres a predator in all of us with far too much intelligence for our own good and when someone puts those instincts to work a hapless person who is unprepared doesnt stand a chance

link   

It's your gun laws and #ed up right wing media. Believe it or not but most of your recent mass shootings are committed by young/ under 30 kids that are brainwashed with right wing racist media

Steven Scalise?

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Like more laws?

Sorry does that piss you off more than people dying. My bad

Not at all. Pretty sure murder is illegal as well as automatic weapons in most states. I'm not sure how you figure more laws will solve the issue.

Same way the solved it in most of Europe and Australia.

Mad how blind Americans are to the options of loosing their weapons over Saftey of the general public.

If you believe that taking away legal arms will promote safety, I beg you to reconsider that thought.

Perhaps you can explain why it works everywhere else but wouldn’t in the US of A. Until your country has a mass reconsider, which it won’t, you will be greeted by more of this and thousands a year dead for nothing.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Over 400 injured according to Sky now.

It looked like an open air outdoor festival. How many got trampled in the general stampede to escape, not counting those who actually got shot?

God knows, but as someone else said, every single drop of blood is on this POS' hands.

link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
After reading through this ENTIRE thread..here's my assessment:

1. Complete confusion and over reacting to an isolated incident in the end.

2. Multiple reports to blanket the area of operations to further confuse the public.

3. Same methods used in Dallas, Boston, and do I dare say it, 9/11 New York.

4. Then here comes the gun people.... weapons being used....capacity.... laws....and etc.

5. Instead of multiple attackers, there is one...or two that wiped out the many. (See #4 and don't forget the narrative being used....)

6. Obviously, peace officers were completely caught off guard by this and by their own confusion and desperation, many reports were false.

7. Then we have the blame/distraction folks who would lend credibility to such groups as Antifa and BLM for this incident.... furthering the divide between us all without any evidence.

8. Look at the star counts for anything related to guns...extremists groups, i.e. Antifa, BLM...etc.
That is a tell tale sign of social media manipulation or engineering!!

Please feel free to add as this goes along that way we will THINK AND CRITICALLY ANALYZE THIS EVENT...

I agree with your assessment. Especially number 7 and 8. I hope those people that thought this way feel ashamed at how easily manipulated they have become.

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Spider879
Pls tell me/us when it's not too fking early to address the issue of weapons of small destruction..

That depends. How are things in Japan ?

No mass killings since that poisoned gas incident yrs ago, certainly none involving weapons of small destruction.

That is very good news. Evil comes in many forms and nations , doesnt it ?

Just a lot more frequently in places with mass weapon ownership.

Really ?
Ever check history ?

link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Volume and population.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The point I am trying to get across is that until we actually know more about the motivations behind the shooting we cannot call it terrorism.

The FBI, if they want, can label it domestic terrorism right now without any challenge being raised, they don't even need motivation on his part.

True but only if they really think they could make it stick.

Fort hood is a really good example to look at.

There were a lot of difficulties for the legal teams because it was being treated as terrorism.

Like I keep saying, I am not denying this is terrorism, only that we need more information before deciding if it is or is not a act of terrorism.

I think given that the FBI have not yet slapped the label terrorism on it yet is interesting.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Please petition to take away the automatic weapons, you can still have your guns to play with but get rid of the mass killing

tools.

How one man can cause such carnage and put hospitals at capacity with just one AUTOMATIC weapon is horrifying.

condolences to all the victims.

Senseless violence.

link   

originally posted by: eXia7

You know.. until recently with all the muslim extremists and all of the knife attacks. Killing is killing, with a gun, a rock, a hammer, a baseball bat, fists.. etc etc.

Ban Retarded People.

Guns are ok but free speech not so much? Killing is killing, yes. ALL of it is wrong. So making it easier for people to do is what? Very wrong indeed.

link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

The shooter is 64 year old. I find this very strange !! Who wants to go out at that age this way, even a nutter. Something is odd about this and who is behind this guy what were his connections?

Was the shooter who they have said it is?

Fishy!!!

That is the point I was trying to make but it only took 3 post down for it to become a "people like you" attack.

This isn't about guns...it's about motive, connections, background of the shooter, and WHY...
edit on 2-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
Press conference about to happen.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Are you really that naive? Really?

link   
His brother says the shooter had no religious or political affiliations. Interesting.

link   
a reply to: flowerpower691

See I'm far more cynical. I don't trust the government any further than I can throw it.

Too many in government would really, really like to remove the 2nd Amendment and giving them that much power, to restrict it just the tiniest bit would open the door so much you would see all kinds of craziness.

They'd do it all for the greater good, of course, just like they do everything else that crumbles into ashes because it's really about their own power. One of the last great checks on their power is the ability of the people to arm themselves.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join