It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

What that people are not making the world a better place?

Don't you get that one? It's about people being the change they want to see, not about trying to force others to be that change we want to see.

You cannot force others to act in ways you want them to. If you could, laws would work perfectly. We have this debate constantly about drugs as I recall, but I would guess you want *those* legalized because you feel it's futile to make them illegal.

So why do you think banning guns outright will work any better, particularly in a country that is *not* an island, has 350 million people in it, and many of them already defy firearms laws to own their own illegally anyhow?

link   
I just wanted to say I'm thinking of everyone effected by violence..... sometimes so much so that it hurts me physically to think about. I haven't read any articles or seen any videos yet but I heard about what happened last night.....

I pray the souls and spirits and energies of those taken make it somewhere beautiful..... somewhere more beautiful and peaceful than earth was when they died.

-Alee

link   
I bet the guy was mortally ill redneck and wanted to go out in style, and he had nothing to lose. No muslim terroism, just guy who was tired of living. Or maybe he just wanted to "revenge" humanity. This was suicide with huge casualties.

And because this happened in Vegas, it could have been christian extremist, who hated that sin city and had personal authorization from "God" to kill these sinners.
edit on 2-10-2017 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

a reply to: BlackSkinhead

Like more laws?

Sorry does that piss you off more than people dying. My bad

Not at all. Pretty sure murder is illegal as well as automatic weapons in most states. I'm not sure how you figure more laws will solve the issue.

Same way the solved it in most of Europe and Australia.

Mad how blind Americans are to the options of loosing their weapons over Saftey of the general public.

If you believe that taking away legal arms will promote safety, I beg you to reconsider that thought.

Perhaps you can explain why it works everywhere else but wouldn’t in the US of A. Until your country has a mass reconsider, which it won’t, you will be greeted by more of this and thousands a year dead for nothing.

Where does it work ? Name the country and I will prove you wrong

You will find exceptions as in all things. If you make something very difficult guess what, it stops being so easy. Stop thinking you personally are under attack. Your whole country is, from the rampant gun infestation. I have no fear of being shot in the UK - none whatsoever.

I dont care how you feel . I challenged you to name a country where firearm control works
Cant do it , can you ?

link   
Numbers are going higher.

406 injured, some media reports. The death toll is going up. Terrible.

link   

Pointing out hypocrisy is usually seen as a personal attack. No one likes to admit they're hypocritical.

link   

Like more laws?

Not at all. Pretty sure murder is illegal as well as automatic weapons in most states. I'm not sure how you figure more laws will solve the issue.

Mad how blind Americans are to the options of loosing their weapons over Saftey of the general public.

If you believe that taking away legal arms will promote safety, I beg you to reconsider that thought.

Perhaps you can explain why it works everywhere else but wouldn’t in the US of A. Until your country has a mass reconsider, which it won’t, you will be greeted by more of this and thousands a year dead for nothing.

You will find exceptions as in all things. If you make something very difficult guess what, it stops being so easy. Stop thinking you personally are under attack. Your whole country is, from the rampant gun infestation. I have no fear of being shot in the UK - none whatsoever.

Just of being stabbed, ran over, etc.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus.

Those who own a gun, and commit mass shootings are not inspired by some Gun God, and they do not find any justification to kill other people in any gun book. See the difference?

Now stop with this nonsense.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

but a crazy in a car could probably kill more people than a crazy with a double barrel shotgun???

What I cling to is the belief that when society completely fails in their social contract a person has every right to take matters into his own hand, to grow his own food, to hunt his own game, fish in the rivers and streams, heck to build a cabin on federal land out in the wilderness, and protect themselves from any dangers that might pass by that cabin...
I kind of draw the line when it comes to civilians marching down the city streets carrying guns or owning guns that can cut a deer up so badly within a few minutes that the you'd have destroyed the hide.

but each person has their own line drawn and there seems to be quite a few people who think that the danger they might have to protect themselves against has one of the best equipped armies in the world. kind of like how I find myself sometimes I wish I could have a tank to protect myself from the crazy drivers on the road. they claim that the constitution gives them the right to have the same kind of firepower as our gov't has, but then, I am pretty sure that they wouldn't want that crazy neighbor down the street that is always raising hell about the dog next door to have a missile launcher in there back yard aimed in their direction ready to launch at the next bark.

if you have a problem with where I draw the line, I am sorry, but if I were to go out in the woods and set traps instead of using a hunting rifle to kill my meat, there would probably be just as much a chance someone would accidentally step into the trap... besides, it's a much crueler way to kill an animal.

somewhere between me and people who may want the missile launchers and tanks in their back yard lays sanity and common sense.
but even an old time muzzle loaded gun can kill someone, even the person shooting that gun.. I know, my brother in law about killed himself with one!!

All that is very laudable and harks back to a simpler time, with simpler drives and motivations - or to a possible future none would wish to see.

The inherent stupidity is that your country is losing thousands of people a year to a sickness you don’t need. It’s a security blanket you should put aside.

Why is it so hard for you folks to add 2+2?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Like more laws?

I dont care how you feel . I challenged you to name a country where firearm control works
Cant do it , can you ?

UK

link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Nikola014

What are you talking about?

Europe never had a chronic problem with mass shootings. They were extremely rare events, and to simply say that a gun ban solved anything, is completely ignorant. So, try again.

Or better yet, stop trying as your premise is just false.

You know.. until recently with all the muslim extremists and all of the knife attacks. Killing is killing, with a gun, a rock, a hammer, a baseball bat, fists.. etc etc.

Ban Retarded People.

Guns are ok but free speech not so much? Killing is killing, yes. ALL of it is wrong. So making it easier for people to do is what? Very wrong indeed.

It won't matter if you ban guns.. people will still get guns. When you ban guns, they don't just magically disappear. You really think if you ban guns in the US, that every single one of them will be turned in willingly? Your idea of this victim minded utopia is completely impossible.

And what does free speech have to do with this? We are talking about the 2nd amendment, not the first.

link   
The godd**n MSM vultures keep playing the videos where he opens fire on the crowd over and over. You hear the shots and then the screams of the terrified and wounded.
I had to turn it off, even if I don't get the latest info. I just can't keep listening to that.

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Seeing reports guns were fired into crowd of 30K+.

First of all, that's terrible. Second, was there a concert or gathering of some kind?

Yes some kind of country music concert

It was Jason Aldean's concert,
And no way in heck was this only one shooter. Prayers to the families.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Well said.

link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Most Muslims don't kill for their God either yet there are a few who do. How is it any different?

link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think from that distance an Uzi could definitely cause 50+ people to die. And an uzi has how many bullets fire before need a reload?

a uzi is a sub machine, it's effective range is just about 100 feet maybe a little more. made basicly for up close and personal.
fires a pistol round, 9mm Parabellum 22 LR 45 ACP 41 AE 9X21mm IMI.

ETA: was wrong about effective range, it's about 600 ft.

edit on 2-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
The godd**n MSM vultures keep playing the videos where he opens fire on the crowd over and over. You hear the shots and then the screams of the terrified and wounded.
I had to turn it off, even if I don't get the latest info. I just can't keep listening to that.

That IMO is why this scenario has been repeated since Columbine.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Are there any video's out there of the woman who told people they're all going to die tonight? I hope a video surfaces of her. She needs to be questioned. No such thing as coincidence, as they saying goes.

link   
a reply to: Gothmog

. I challenged you to name a country where firearm control works Cant do it , can you ?

Australia .

link   

Like more laws?

If you look at some of the worst cities in the US for gun related deaths, they have super strict laws concerning fire arms.

When those were enacted not even a blip in the statistics occurred.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join