It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Disclaimer. I will use references such as white and black. Please take no offense.

Valid disclaimer. In today's society. Although very few are actually white like paper or black like coal. Your story would have lost it's basis if you would only describe them as "persons" or something. Great story! Well of course i don't like the fact that the incident made you cry but it all turned out good and i think that was the point. And maybe you learned a thing or two about yourself. You would have defended the black dude, i have no doubts about that

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

WIS is one of the good guys, as are many in this realm ...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Ta Gordi ...lol !

edit on 5-10-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

...apparently WIS is TWO of the good guys???? ROFL

"Bottle of BOOS!!!!" I LOVE THAT!!!

...Still catching up...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Very possibly mate ... to much boo's !

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Boos is the Dutch word for angry. I'll let another drink that bottle...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Morning Family, or afternoon or whatever it is for you!

That's interesting about the word boos meaning 'angry' in another language. LOL

What a morning! Mark's wheelchair broke today. I have been telling him for some time he'll be needing a new one, but does he ever listen to me? Noooo! There should be a spare one in the Shed. No, not this shed. Still, it isn't as good quality as the one that broke so he should still get a new one.

He spends a fortune on things to fix up a limited edition Monza car, but not a necessity. Is it a man thing or what?

I got up earlier than I needed to and will be going out this afternoon with my Sister. In pain. GAH! Hope the rest of the day goes by better.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Night,
That was my bottle of Boos. lol

And I suppose this pumpkin belongs to you?

Actually no, that is not my pumpkin. My cats did all the artistic work on that one.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Just love creative kitties! LOL

Going out with my Sister now and will be home later this afternoon. Have a good day!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Lucid Knew it was silly, but all the same he felt robbed. His blood had been singing fury, crying release to the pent up darkness the young warrior struggled to alchemize into light. That battle had been his, he had felt like, and the possibility of his death hadn't even occurred to him, still hadn't. He was thankful for the one called Gordi, and the Troll, for showing up to help him and nightstar in battle, but mostly, he felt robbed. And, on top of that, he kind of felt ignored! He knew he was still being silly, he was new to the shed still, after all, and didn't pop by much. He just tagged along with the others back to the shed, and when they went inside to discuss the orb thing the dwarf had brought Star, He stayed outside, sliding down the wall to sit with one leg extended and his sword across his lap. He knew the Shed had numerous protection spells that were supposed to ward off all but the highest of evils, but he still felt on edge, and wasn't sure whether it was because he was really sensing something, or if it was a sign of his own inner turmoil. He sat and reflected, ever watchful of his surroundings, and was kind of amazed at himself. Inside, there was a great whirlwind going on, and yet he almost knew nothing of it, if he didn't look, and even then the chaos was so great he could identify only a certain few components of the phenomena he had dubbed his 'storms'.

As he sat, the sky grew dark, and at first he didn't notice, so subtle was the shift, until the first wisps of grey appeared. In a flash, he was on his feet, his sword gripped loosely in his hand, point resting on the ground as he looked out into the distance, chin raised and back straight, turmoil once again forgotten in the face of certain danger. Secretly, he was ashamed of this facet of himself, that he could only be unified in the face of evil. what did it say about him, that he drew strength from the darkness, as much from the light? he chided himself silently, it did not make him weak, at least he was able to be a hero sometimes. A cloud of wispy darkness formed, with the sound of chirps and screams as it roiled low across the ground to the shed. He watched as it crossed the boundary that was supposed to ward evil, and at that point he could see all the creatures inside. Even though he sometimes grew arrogant in battle, and tended to bite off more than he could chew, he knew he needed his friends for this one. So it was, that right after Night Star said her final words, that Lucid popped his head into the Shed.

"You guys are going to want to see this."

edit on 5-10-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hi shed folk. 😃

So as promised im going to start getting active in the shed again. Sharing stories and memories from my past.

Its a blessing in someways that i have a place to share these stories and taking the time to write them helps me get my mind off all the stress im under with my forthcoming move.

So heres is a memory titled. That Time My Dad Insisted We Travel To Nayarit

Way back in the late 80s my dad was heavy into visiting all the ancuent ruins of mexico. And although this was a nobel idea and in general an excellent adventure for myself it was not without its mishaps. This segament of the trip is one of those times.

We had just spent the week in Mexico City seeing the aztec ruins in all their splendor. We saw and toured Mexico Cities Historic District and saw the myriad of museams that are truly world class although largely unknown to most folks.

Even the hotels were very nice and had that old world european feel to them and strangely more pools than they knew what to do with. It was like in the cultural mind set of the folks in Mexico City swimming pools were a status symbol and the more your hotel had the better. Like a unspoken competition among the rivaling hotels in that district.

Our next leg was to spend a night in Guadalajara city. Mexico's second largest city to see the churches there. Guadalajara is due west of Mexico City and halfway to the coast line.

The weather was dark and gloomy with dark gray clouds on the horizon. And my sister and i being roughly 10 years old were bored. Other than see the main cathedral of Guadalajara and the creepy embalmed nun/saint they had there on display. there wasn't much to do.

So my dad came up with an idea that he just couldn't shake from his head. To visit the scenic coastal resort town of Nayarit. Never mind the dark ominous looking clouds in the direction of Nayarit. Never mind the heavy rain coming from the coast inland that was now just hitting Guadalajara.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And wouldnt you know it! There happened to be a beach house for rent this weekend there and at a super good price!😮 i wonder why would have been the proper question to then ask but my dad wasn't the type of character to wonder about such things.

So off we went departing Guadalajara west bound on the highways cutting through central mexicos deep verdent green forests. My sister and i in tow looking grumpy and pessimistic.

Things got steadily worse as we drove the few hours towards the coast.

The sky got darker and the rain more furious. As if god wasn't giving my dad enough signs that now would be a good time to turn around a massive bolt of lightening as thick as a telephone pole blitzed down directly in front of the car striking the shoulder of the road maybe 50 feet in front of us. I remember vividly as the white intense bolt of lightening struck the ground and the entire puddle it landed in momentarily glowing bright white for a half second as the bolts energy dispersed.

I was speechless my dad tried to laugh it off saying "wow kids that was close"

Another few miles and a felled tree lay across the road. We had to slow down and wait our turn to pull into the oncoming traffic lane to go around the new road block. No cars traveling our direction. Nearly all of them traveling away from our destination. Again you'd think that would be a clue.

Finally a part in the clouds and a bit if blue sky. Maybe my dad was right and the tropical storm would have passed Nayarit by the time we arrived and wed have the whole town to ourselves. My dad was rarely right about these sort of things. But maybe this time mr murphy had decided to pester someone else. Fat chance.

Finally we arrive at the picturesque beach town of Nayarit. We drive along the rows and lanes of beach houses until we get to the one re rented for the weekend.

Man this is a pretty nice house whys it were getting such a great deal? Its peak season.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Weary from the harrowing drive to the coast through the rainy onslaught of the storm we piled out of the car with our luggage in tow.

My sister puts down her luggage and sits on the couch and realizes the couch is moving. So she jumps up and lifts cautiously the cushion. A swarm of bugs of all asortments like in that scene from Indiana jones and the temple of doom come spawning in waves out from under the cushion. My sister shrieks and my dad comes running in to see whats going on.

Thoroughly disgusted we call the rental agency and report the problem. Shortly afterwards a trio of ladies show up in partial hazmat suit looking attire and proceed to fumigate the house.

To escape the poison clouds my dad thought quickly and decided to take us for a stroll along the beach. After all there was a sandside cafe just up the beach a few houses away and we were grumpy hungry kids.

Im excitedly looking at the coconut palm trees lining the beach. My sister excitedly examining sea shells. None of us paying any heed to the black thick storm clouds on the horizon just a few miles out to sea.

We find the beach cafe and it was lovely. Nearly deserted but nice. It was an open veranda with a palm thatched roof and it was completely open to the beach. Round pigskin hided tables and chairs characteristic of that part of mexico sat in neat abandoned rows. We didn't stop to think why.

Our surprised to see anybody waitress appeared and took our orders for aqua con gasse and cokacola while we perused the menu.

Just as she was walking back to our table a tray of drinks balanced on her hand a explosive gust of wind knocked the plater out of her hands. Uplifted every single table in the restaurant knocking them back towards the kitchen near the back of the eatery.
Suddenly we realized there was no more sunshine and everything turned a oppressive dark gray color.

We scurry out of the restaurant back on the beach and were confronted by gale force winds.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Large waves crashed and pounded furiously on the shore. And rain started pummeling us from every direction.

We knew we needed to get to shelter back at the bug infested beach house.

I remember scurrying back threading a path between palm trees being bent back so hard that their crowns were nearly touching the sand.

We got to the house but the winds had already broken a few windows facing the beach. Wed find no shelter here.

Thinking quickly my dad piled us back into the car and we fled inland towards higher ground and away from the storm. We found ourselves driving through now chaotic streets of the town of Nayarit its self.

From the road we were on i had a vantage of the streets below us that were inundated with storm floods. Cars in grid locked traffic making their way successfully through two feet of standing water. I had no idea how they had pulled that off without stalling their engines but the folks were determined.

We needed to find shelter too and surprisingly found it in a local carneceria or butcher shop/restaurant. Although the shop was one of those places built a foot or two into the ground it was one of the few places not flooded out and many of the locals had sheltered in there. Being enterprising the owner decided he was open for business and the smell of steak cooking to perfection wafted through the air inside the place.

Two hours later the hurricane had left as quickly as it came. It was late into the night now and we gingerly drove our way back to our rented beach house taking the time to carefully drive around all the debris scattered in the streets.

The beach house had partially flooded and so we started packing. Guadalajara city didn't seem so boring all of a sudden.

I remember walking along the beach once the sun had risen in the morning as my family surveyed the damage the storm had brought.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Palm trees were left snapped over along the beach. Some trunks of the trees floating in the surf.

Everywhere you looked along the stretch of the beach were dead washed ashore fish. Especially puffer fish. Sitting in strands along the beach like deflating balloons.
A 90 foot fishing trawler had grounded its self along the beach. Its bow plunged deep into the sands.

On the bright side there were tons of coconuts for the taking and a local also surveying the damage was nice enough to hack one open so my sister and i could try drinking the milk inside. I remember it tasting bitter.

Finally we left the town of nayarit behind us and made our way back into the interior of central mexico leaving the ordeal behind us.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Loved, loved, loved this and I can work with it when I have time Lucid! I missed your writing and am relieved you jumped back into the story! Hugs!

Gordi, you can jump in next if you have any ideas right now. I will wait to post.

edit on 5-10-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Welcome back Dave! Really enjoyed your beach house tale! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Multi tasking right now, but thinking of everyone and as always sending my love.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Dear Bass, this is Auntie WIS. Could you please write your story in a color, so single minded beings, such as I, will realize it is fiction.

I jumped into this post and thought you were some where having an awful vacation. After scrolling up I realized my habit of reading backwards is less beneficial.
I am happy to know you are safe and not in a semi Steven King live theater.
Jeez.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

This song reminded me of the shed when I heard it today. Thought I would share it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join