It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Callous Congress Forgot To Renew CHIP - 9 Million Children Could Lose Healthcare.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
ALERT

Congress has been so busy spinning it's wheels, arguing, and vacationing, that they forgot to renew the Children's Health Insurance Program. CHIP Federal funding expires tomorrow, 9.30.2017.

Advocates for children’s health started worrying months ago that congressional incompetence would jeopardize the nation’s one indisputable healthcare success — the Children’s Health Insurance Program, which has reduced the uninsured rate among kids from 14%, down to 5%, over the two decades of its existence.

Their fears turned out to be true. Funding for CHIP runs out tomorrow, and no vote on reestablishing the program’s $15-billion appropriation is expected for at least a week, probably longer. That’s the case even though CHIP is one of the few federal programs that has enjoyed unalloyed bipartisan support since its inception in 1997. The consequences will be dire in many states, which will have to curtail or even shut down their children’s health programs until funding is restored. Hanging in the balance is care for 9 million children and pregnant women in low-income households.

Is there any more poignant example of how Congress’ wasteful partisanship affects ordinary Americans? It’s hard to imagine one. If the lawmakers can’t act in support of a program that was enacted in a spirit of bipartisanship and serves the most truly defenseless members of society, there’s no hope for them.
Full Article: www.latimes.com...

Republicans control the House, the Senate, the White House, and 82% of elected seats in the country. As the article points out, some states will begin running out of CHIP $$$ next week. Children will start suffering and selfish/callous Republicans will be the reason why.

Democrats will score a lot of points as Chuck Schumer sheds tears. But because they remained silent about the impending Sept 30th expiration of CHIP funding, there's willful neglect on their part, as well.

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/30/2017 by carewemust because: wording adjustments

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You honestly think they forgot??? Come on.

They didn't forget. They cut that out like they did a dozen other programs that help people.

That's a big program and a lot of money. Too much to overlook. They know exactly what they're doing.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think Congress got so wrapped up in their own selfish pettiness, that they neglected to prioritize what needs to be done. Neglect, is just as bad as intentionally not renewing the CHIP program.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Certainly wrapped up in their selfishness. But they didn't forget. Whoever was in charge of that, which might of been Price who just resigned, cut that along with a bunch of other stuff.

I'll have to verify to make sure it was him. But I'm pretty sure it was him.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

According to the article CHIP is a Congressional Program that was bi-partisan in nature and support. Tom Price would be fired the day after he slashed CHIP.

I don't think he could do so unilaterally anyway. CHIP didn't grant the HHS secretary the same latitude/power, that ObamaCare granted the HHS Secretary.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Wait..

Why was this program even necessary once the ACA was rolled out?

Shouldn't they have been automatically enrolled in this like everyone else on the bottom, weren't these part of the ones the Democrats were saying NEEDED the ACA?

I thought EVERYONE was supposed to be in the ACA system or were these 9 million people who weren't accounted for part of the millions who would go without healthcare if the GOP got their way?

Either way, government drops the misshapen ball they think they were so omnipotent at carrying.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Yeah, it may not have been Price who's in control. Everything just says Trumps Budget Plan, but I'm sure Trump isn't the only person who decides what happens with the budget all by himself.

Price I know did spend a bunch of time defending Trumps Budget Plan which included some cuts which made me think he was in charge of it.

Anyway, my point is that I don't believe for a second that anyone just forgot. They just don't give a rats ass about anyone.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The only thing most concentrate on ? The money and power of being re-elected .
This one is gonna cost some of the rat-tur**....

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Anyway, my point is that I don't believe for a second that anyone just forgot. They just don't give a rats ass about anyone.

Republicans said "NO" to everything from 2010 to 1/20/2017. Since then, they've accomplished nothing significant, while Democrats have become the party of "NO".

You're right.. they care only about themselves. I hope we all keep that in mind when the politicians start making their grand promises again, before the 2018 mid-term elections.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Won't this save taxpayers billions of dollars?

Money that can be used on whatever families need most...like food, clothes or even healthcare.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I thought Obamacare made it possible for everyone to be insured in an affordable way.

I guess not?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Republicans are too busy trying to pass trillion dollar tax cuts for millionaires to give a damn about poor, defenseless children, though they love forcing people to have those poor children so they can say they're pro life.

Republicans are slime.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not every state took the Medicaid expansion and CHIP would have been phased out.
It's all good. The Republicans are in charge.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Not every state took the Medicaid expansion and CHIP would have been phased out.
It's all good. The Republicans are in charge.

Confirmation that Obamacare was greatly flawed.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The only people that 'lose out' on Qualtiy Healthcare are the ones that can't afford the insurance.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

So where is the perfect Republican plan?

Obamacare saved a lot of lives with early detection of cancer. And more children than ever could see a doctor in an office instead of ER.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Two points I'd like to make.

1. Republicans and democrats both suck. They would not bat an eye at seeing people die in order for them to gain even more power. They, like 99% of all politicians suck.

2. Parents should be responsible for the welfare of their children. Government is NOT and should NEVER be considered as a substitute for the parent.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

well maybe if the dems wouldn't have been worried about fighting the repubs tooth and nail, they would have remembered and brought it up.that blame can go both ways.

it's not just the repub's responsibility to bring everything to the floor for a vote. any concerned representive could have called for a vote.

edit on 30-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Half the children on chip are seriously ill or disabled. They have to have help affording their welfare. Course, with genetic testing and abortion, none would have to be born, if the nation wants to go that direction.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: DBCowboy

Half the children on chip are seriously ill or disabled. They have to have help affording their welfare. Course, with genetic testing and abortion, none would have to be born, if the nation wants to go that direction.

Do you have a source for that claim?

Also, do you have any source that states that medical facilities will let children die or deliberately kill children because of government not funding a program?

And yes, I know leftists are big into eugenics and killing unborn children. Disgusting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join