It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Callous Congress Forgot To Renew CHIP - 9 Million Children Could Lose Healthcare.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Chip is still law. I'm sure if democrats were the majority, the funding would have happened. As in the last congress.

Are you guys americans? This is too easy.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Chip is still law. I'm sure if democrats were the majority, the funding would have happened. As in the last congress.

Are you guys americans? This is too easy.

Yes.
I am an American, and before Obamacare, I could afford to pay for my healthcare.
I can't afford it now.
My ex-wife had everything that she needed taken care of courtesy of the government, and she is not a veteran.
Relying on CHIP was a flaw in Obamacare.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Pathetic and last desparate attempt to pass blame.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Since when does congress or the president do anything for the people? If an issue doesn't fill their pockets with green it's ignored. Lets not full ourselves, but don't think for a minute insurance and pharmaceutical companies are not lobbying our "supposed" representatives to push for a healthcare plan that will be beneficial for them.

We need a movement in this country to demand term limits, stop lobbying, money in politics, and have these representatives receive salaries and benefits that's in-line with average Americans who they represent.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The system is flawed for sure. I lost everything at 55 because my husband got a disease in 2007. I was never going to pay off 200 k of medical bills. Before was only good til you got sick. The repubs promised something better than ACA for 7 years. Now we are down to punishing the children. To give the rich more.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

no it's not, it's the truth. it's both parties fault. as i have said from the get go,

my first post,

well maybe if the dems would haven't been worried about fighting the repubs tooth and nail, they would have remembered and brought it up.that blame can go both ways.

edit on 30-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

have you ever looked into the chips program, I mean actually went to their site, read about it, and checked out the qualifications that need to be met to be on it? I am having a hard time figuring out just who those 5% of children not covered from it were! chips was in existence when obamacare went into effect and I don't think the purpose of obamacare was to replace those programs already in existence but rather fill in some of the gaps and bring in some of those who those programs weren't reaching.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

well aren't you two the lucky ones!!!
I'm a 55+ year old disabled women receiving social security survivor's benefits, and I am still left out of the healthcare loop... just as I have been for years.. neither obamacare or the system before served me well..
but well... at least obama tried... ain't his fault that the state I am living in didn't expand their medicaid, like so many other republican led states..

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The state of Utah sent Price, head of HHS, a letter in September. Reminding them to renew or 60,000 children will lose coverage in December in Utah.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Won't this save taxpayers billions of dollars?

Any substantial amount saved, like enough to pay for healthcare, would only be for trust fund babies such as yourself.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
ALERT

Congress has been so busy spinning it's wheels, arguing, and vacationing, that they forgot to renew the Children's Health Insurance Program. CHIP Federal funding expires tomorrow, 9.30.2017.

CHIP falls under the Health and Human Services department - and if you remember, Trump was trying to axe that one. Head of the department was the recently departed Mr. Price, who certainly didn't seem to be paying attention to anything except his plane tickets. Se nator Orrin Hatch, who was heavily involved in trying to repeal Obamacare, is a huge factor in the equation through his efforts for repeal.

I hope the voters in Utah kick him out.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

yea and i'm sure he is the only one that got a copy or seen it. plus he couldn't just give them money it had to be voted on. then there's the letter from Minnesota Human Services Commissioner Emily Piper to her congressional delegation,

here are the names, from both the senate and house.
Sen Amy Klobuchar(D)
Rep Tim Walz (D)
Rep Erik Paulsen(R)
Rep Keith Ellison (D)
Rep Collin Peterson (D)
Sen Al Franken considered by many to be a top dem
Rep Jason Lewis (R)
Trp Betty McCollum (DFL)
Rep Tom Emmer (R)
Rep Rick Nolan (DFL)

i see more dem names than repubs, and one of it not one of the biggest mouths in the senate. Al Franken

link to the letter, warning PDF
Piper Letter

as i said both sides get the blame, from both house and senate.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Price was the proper Dept head to give notice to. The democrats have no power.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Republicans said "NO" to everything from 2010 to 1/20/2017. Since then, they've accomplished nothing significant, while Democrats have become the party of "NO".

Its a hand full of republicans that are basically rhinos. Everything they are trying to do fail by one or a few votes. You can see the frustration in Trump...as he said I have pen in hand!!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
When are people going to realize the simple truth?

Republicans are to blame.

Just ask yourself a simple question.

If the dems had control of congress would we be even debating about the renewal of this program or any other that helps human beings

NO

Case closed

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
yes, just a handfull of republican rinos who refused to allow their vote to be bought off via the typical wheeling and dealing that happens in congress all the time because they believed that the passage of the healthcare bills that they were being bribed to vote for was gonna harm far too many of the people they were voted to represent....

are you saying that there are only just a handful of republicans that have any integrity in congress??

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Price was the proper Dept head to give notice to. The democrats have no power.

no he wasn't, his office is only the instrument for the dispersal of funds in the budget that congress pass. he has no power to do otherwise.
if the money is not passed, he canot give it.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

They didn't forget, it's part of health care reform.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Also, do you have any source that states that medical facilities will let children die or deliberately kill children because of government not funding a program?

Are you hearing yourself right now? It sounds like you're saying we should force doctors and hospitals to treat people for free.

Forced, uncompensated labor.

Helping kids is good, making sure those who help kids get paid is good too.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It’s amazing how we complicate what’s so simple.

IF people would just stop being greedy, selfish and I hate to say
RACIST

If you noticed Europe, nor Canada, nor any developing third world country is ever debating about giving their own citizens health care, particularly children...they don’t have these problems.

They don’t have these problems because they don’t have what’s equivalent to what America has: a Republican party

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join