It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find this amusing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

PC is, was, and always will be a plague to society.

And now, you're the new PC.

Funny how everything comes around when your guy wins.

Remember all the "I won't ever buy a movie with him/her in it," talk regarding actors/actresses who talked out against Trump?

PC is funny.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm the new PC? Wut¿

My guy wins? Double wut¿¿

Please do elaborate.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I think he means that PC depends on the person. What's PC to someone is easily reversed depending on the situation.

For example: Trump was hailed for not being politically correct, now that he is in office though anything and everything that is said criticizing Trump is complained about our turned into a big deal.

At first what someone said didn't matter because "PC is ruining our country"; now what someone says DOES matter because it is against one's own biases and/or political allegiance.

And yes, the opposite is equally as true.
edit on 9/25/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I'm not going page to page to cite specific examples, I've already read the thread, and I'm not your teacher - you're here to deny ignorance, not be spoon-fed. The OP is very well written, and makes multiple valuable points.

You played secretary and dug up some links in defense of the OP. You then decided not to cite any specific examples in your links, making your point obsolete. I still call BS on you and the OP. If you decide to make sweeping accusations without enough evidence to support your argument, you don't actually have one.

There's also this nonsense:

Also, I'm sure everyone remembers what members were complaining about political correctness constantly, I don't need to dig through a years worth of posts to find one example, use your noggin and just remember it yourself. You were here back then.

I mean, I could continue to use the search function to post an endless stream of links to previous ATS threads describing what the OP has described (and to see those claiming "anti-PC," now embracing PC - just look at the recent football threads, I don't think a link is required tbh).

Two fine examples of PROJECTION.

Like I said, I could go on and on, but I already feel as if I've wasted enough off my time.

Exactly.

edit on 26-9-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

No i understood that. What I didn't understand was how he tried to attribute me to some group.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Though the haranguing about kneeling is a similar sort of moral condemnation, more patriotic and nationalist, the Political correctness is actually that of the kneeling players on account of the political left-wing activism.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The simple fact of the matter is that most people's world view has not resulted as a logical analysis of the issues. For most people their world view is to be a reactionary to every situation based upon the values, or lack thereof, that they learned before the age of reason.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I didn't just make this up for no reason. You're being disingenuous and you know it. That's on you though, I don't have to prove my point because anyone who is honest with themselves knows it is true.

Kneeling during the national anthem is politically incorrect to die hard patriots yet those die hard patriots were all about political incorrectness not that long ago. Be honest with yourself, you know it's true. I know you won't admit it but you know.
edit on 9/25/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You have just said the same thing I was getting at in the OP. PC is ambiguous and depends on the person and/or situation.

It is politically "incorrect" to kneel during the national anthem according to some people which is why they're complaining about it, yet those same people were supposedly the biggest supporters of political incorrectness not that long ago.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: RomeByFire

I'm not going page to page to cite specific examples, I've already read the thread, and I'm not your teacher - you're here to deny ignorance, not be spoon-fed. The OP is very well written, and makes multiple valuable points.

You played secretary and dug up some links in defense of the OP. You then decided not to cite any specific examples in your links, making your point obsolete. I still call BS on you and the OP. If you decide to make sweeping accusations without enough evidence to support your argument, you don't actually have one.

There's also this nonsense:

Also, I'm sure everyone remembers what members were complaining about political correctness constantly, I don't need to dig through a years worth of posts to find one example, use your noggin and just remember it yourself. You were here back then.

I mean, I could continue to use the search function to post an endless stream of links to previous ATS threads describing what the OP has described (and to see those claiming "anti-PC," now embracing PC - just look at the recent football threads, I don't think a link is required tbh).

Two fine examples of PROJECTION.

Like I said, I could go on and on, but I already feel as if I've wasted enough off my time.

Exactly.

This post was a waste of my time!!

You can quote other members and somehow try to false conflate and equate it somehow being something I agree with.

I'm happy I only snagged a few links, like I said, waste of my time.

I provided lengthy material and what was presented and you resorted to ad hom.

Oh well.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join