It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Russian Rhetoric is Becoming Racist and Offensive

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Great, seems like you've got it all figured out, but I cannot quite understand why you're posting on an alternative media site if it's such garbage

I did not say the site was garbage. Read what I posted again, please.

I said those that consume MSM are generally much better informed than those that strictly consume alternative media. That is not to say that all alternative media is bad.

Just that the people that consume too much alternative media tend to be misinformed and, well, a bit "off".

Shouldn't you be watching some glorious CNN and soaking up their pure unbiased facts? You know those morning talk shows aren't going to watch themselves bro.

No thanks. I don't watch tv.

edit on 22-9-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Yes I did have some respect for him, many celebrities I respect have similar opinions to Morgan

My wife actually has a pretty good rule on the matter. Never EVER EVER under any circumstances watch or read an interview with one of your favorite movie stars.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I love how every millennial thinks they are an expert on Russia.

Ask someone who lived through the cold war days how cute and cuddly Russia was.

You know, our countries participation in the cold war drove Russia to be bad to their citizens, the whole buildup of arms forced a lot of people to work worldwide. It is better somewhat in Russia after the cold war. But as long as Russia needs to keep building war machines, they will be keeping the pressure on their people.

I am glad I live here in America, we have it a lot better than in many other countries.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilverOwls

GTFO lol. The Russians aren't your friends any more than the NSA are or the global billionaires.

Do you recall me saying the Russians are totally awesome and there's nothing wrong with their leadership? I've stated on many occasions how oppressive the Putin regime is in certain regards and why they are far from perfect. Your entire problem is that you see everything as black and white like a movie script, there's a good guy and a bad guy. That's not how reality works, there are just two guys and they both have serious flaws when you get down to it, neither is trustworthy and neither should be taken at their word.
edit on 22/9/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

They want a weaker America to make them stronger. A divided America is the political goal

Uhm interesting,

if so than I think The GOP, DNC and the MSM are doing a far better job at making America weaker than the Russians .

I wonder who is making issues bipolar on purpose to group people into a class of victims and another into a class of villains? You would think that generalizing people into a group of victims and another into a group of villains would generate hate and intolerance of each other. [sarcasm] Good thing that is not happening today [/sarcasm].

The two party system and the MSM have divided this country by grouping people into two classes on many hot topics including Sexism, racism, religion, party ideals, etc, They have done this with no middle ground ,with unfair and unbalanced coverage, and PC BS to ensure the utmost exploitation and irrational thinking.

Although I do think the Left and the MSM is primarily leading the charge on this exploitation tactic that is harming the country , certainly the right is not innocent either.
edit on 04930America/ChicagoFri, 22 Sep 2017 11:04:45 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have to agree with the OP. Classifying Russian people as bad just because of their government structure is not good. It is discrimination almost as bad as racism.

Is there some extended video I'm not finding? I just watched Freeman's video for the third time.

Putin. Putin. Putin. Russian government.

At literally no point does he paint the entire nation of Russia as bad. The only time he uses general "groupspeak" is in reference to Americans.

I'm sure there are people who think all Russians are bad. And I'm sure most of them lived through the Cold War. However, I don't see much in the way of people trying to say that all Russians are bad, and certainly not in the video referenced in the OP.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Oh yes and I must be a snowflake for feeling some sense of offense when a high level celebrity is used to portray an entire nation as bad guys from a movie script...

Considering that's how Hollywood used to make movies from the 1920's all the way up until the 2000's, yes you are being a snowflake. Ever watch a James Bond movie? Not too many redeemable Russians in those movies either.
edit on 22-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I love how every millennial thinks they are an expert on Russia.

Ask someone who lived through the cold war days how cute and cuddly Russia was.

Yeah, that’s pretty much my take. Growing up as a kid in the 80’s, I always remembered my father saying the only time he’d pull for the Cowboys, “was if they were playing the Russians”. I’m glad that the Cold War ended rather unceremoniously, but let’s not forget who we’re dealing with; Russia is governed by an ex-KGB operative, a man who was truly propragrandized “anti-American”. Partsainship in American politics always made for strange bedfellows, but the day Russia became a ‘victim’ is truly astonishing...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
No surprise really. It's based one part on the ridiculous anti-communist hysteria that was cultivated in the 50s, and another part steeped in dreams held by the military-industrial complex to fulfill Generalplan Ost and the total destruction of Russia as a sovereign state.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

How about the vast majority of Russian people who actually DO support Putin ? He has approval ratings that most western head of states can only dream about. How should the Russians supporting Putin feel about such statements ?

Russians Remain Confident in Putin’s Global Leadership

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Things I learned: Russians are now a race all to themselves.

Also, you seem easily offended if that video offended you.

So what would you call it when irrational hatred is directed at one countries citizens?

Jews armt a race either but seem happy to call them that. And don't give me that bloodline nonsense. That disappeared a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Oh yes and I must be a snowflake for feeling some sense of offense when a high level celebrity is used to portray an entire nation as bad guys from a movie script...

Considering that's how Hollywood used to make movies from the 1920's all the way up until the 2000's, yes you are being a snowflake. Ever watch a James Bond movie? Not too many redeemable Russians in those movies either.

I clearly said I'm not offended by those movies, they are fictional and have little impact on the real world. What Morgan did was not a fictional presentation designed for entertainment purposes.

Obviously my entire point with this thread is to use the social justice arguments against those who use them as a political tactic, give them a taste of their own medicine. It's really quite funny that the response to that is I must be a snowflake for getting offended, when I really wasn't as offended as much as I was sad to see Morgan spewing such nonsense.

I just felt like writing up a thread as quickly as possible on this topic before I go play some Fallout, if you think I put any real effort into this thread or that I have any real sense of outrage then you are mistaken.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

AMERICA FIRST.

and other nationalists claims and stuff...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

What does literally any of that have to do with the claim that people are running around trying to convince everybody else that all Russians are bad?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

I'd ask where all this irrational hatred directed at average everyday Russian citizens is.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
"In Russia racism labels you."

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Just ask yourself why do Russians support Putin ?
Because Russians do have a better perspective and understanding of Russia than any other external source, you should trust them more than someone who claims that 'we are at war with Russia'.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I clearly said I'm not offended by those movies, they are fictional and have little impact on the real world. What Morgan did was not a fictional presentation designed for entertainment purposes.

By that reasoning Birth of a Nation is an acceptable movie because it is fiction.

Obviously my entire point with this thread is to use the social justice arguments against those who use them as a political tactic, give them a taste of their own medicine. It's really quite funny that the response to that is I must be a snowflake for getting offended, when I really wasn't as offended as much as I was sad to see Morgan spewing such nonsense.

Yes. Obviously. That is why no one is taking you seriously. It is a dumb tactic that you guys attempt quite often and we are tired of posters attempting it in new packages when the conversations always boil down to, "HERP DERP Liberals are stupid and ruining the world!"

I just felt like writing up a thread as quickly as possible on this topic before I go play some Fallout, if you think I put any real effort into this thread or that I have any real sense of outrage then you are mistaken.

Lol. Whatever you say. Clearly more reasons to not take you seriously then.
edit on 22-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How does anyone not know that when it is said that Russia interfered with the US election (which they did), Russia is defined as the Russian government not the Russian population.

Racist?

Shenanigans.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes. Obviously. That is why no one is taking you seriously. It is a dumb tactic that you guys attempt quite often and we are tired of posters attempting it in new packages when the conversations always boil down to, "HERP DERP Liberals are stupid and ruining the world!"

I did feel some level of offense though, otherwise I wouldn't have written this thread, I'm not completely void of emotions. It just felt like a very inflammatory and weakly structured argument based on little truth, and it deserves some criticism. The internet is already blasting the video for being completely ridiculous, they've disabled likes and comments for that reason. Any time you see the likes and comments disabled on a video you know it's rubbish.

As for no one taking me seriously... I posted this thread less than two hours ago and it's already on the most flagged thread list. I'm fairly sure this thread will reach the 1st or 2nd most flagged thread based on the rate the flag count is increasing, not many of my threads do this well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join