It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Russian Rhetoric is Becoming Racist and Offensive

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: Shamrock6

How about the vast majority of Russian people who actually DO support Putin ? He has approval ratings that most western head of states can only dream about. How should the Russians supporting Putin feel about such statements ?

Russians Remain Confident in Putin’s Global Leadership

I'm not so sure that one can take a poll as the be-all end-all. I see people everyday here on ATS proclaiming that all polls are biased and full of half truths, especially if it's about Trump or Hillary or just politics in general. I think I believe that as well. You can find a poll that fits your narrative,no matter what it is, just a quick internet search away.

I do have to admit a bit of puzzlement over the OP's upset though. I watched the vid. There was *nothing* in there claiming Russian citizens are evil and nasty people. It was clearly aimed at Putin and the government. I'd welcome anyone to quote verbatim anything from the video that says Russian citizens are awful people.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

If you don't like the polls (even when they come from a US organization) just consider the election results. Putin's United Russia got 343 seats out of 450. But I guess that the next claim will be that electoral process in Russia cannot be trusted ... as if the current situation in the US was a demonstration of what perfection is supposed to look like.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think a lot of the anti-Russian sentiment is due to envy directed at Putin. Here is a strong, stern leader who gets things done and doesn't mess around when important decisions need to be made. He is not a puppet like most Western leaders and he will do what is best for his country.

edit on 25-9-2017 by Incandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I love how every millennial thinks they are an expert on Russia.
Ask someone who lived through the cold war days how cute and cuddly Russia was.

Seriously! And ask Europe about their fondness for the Russians. Of course, the debate is about the leadership...not the populace.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join