It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Russian Rhetoric is Becoming Racist and Offensive

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You mean like Sergeï Magnitsky, the one individual who's death triggered the establishment of the Magnitsky act under heavy financial input targeted at US politicians by Bill Browder ? Hypocrisy makes sure than nowadays, corruption is legal when you call it lobbying.
Guess what happened, the law passed - just backed by the sponsors claims and financial arguments.
Then Browder hired a Russian filmmaker - a known Putin opponent (apparently they're not all poisoined) - in order to give more credit to his perspective.
And then something totally unexpected by Browder happened, the unthinkable : even if he was supposed to be paid for his documentary, Andrei Nekrasov dared to show a minimalistic amount of intellectual honesty (that's not gonna happen to you anytime soon, don't worry). And what happened then ? Well Nekrasov documentary turned out to be a HUGE embarrasment for Browder because instead of backing Browder point-of-view, the doc was aimed at telling truth.

And as one can expect, the facts don't really match Browder initial claims.
Thus what happened in America - land of the free and freedom speech ? Thanks to another round of corruption lobbying, Browder made sure that no one will ever dare to show the said documentary in the US and Europe as well. So welcome back cold-war era censorship, it's just that it is the US this time that is enforcing tought police.
The same goes with the attacks against RT,
The clichés about the threats (poisoning/murder/intimidation ... ) are paradigms force-fed by the US domestic propaganda system. Even if the everyday life of the Russians could be improved, they still remember the consequences the last time they tought the improvment was coming if they were aligned with the US. The drunkard bufoon US puppet known as Boris Yeltsin is by far the worst Russian leader of the last 1000 years for most Russian people. And they're not about to repeat the same mistake even if, what an irony, it is Yelstin who set Putin in the driver seat.

If US people want BS, they are still free to watch the corporate media of their choice alligned on the dogma of american exeptionalism. Just don't think too much about the fact that there is absolutely no way to whitewash the US alphabet agencies from the behaviour they blame on the Russians.Wikileaks actually showed the contrary. And make sure you agree with the MSM narative that bombs are less harmful when they are dropped with supposedly good intentions.

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

How about the vast majority that SAY they like him so that they don't spend their lives in a work camp or jail?
You don't dare speak out against Putin. You don't dare...

I'd be happy to report any FACTUAL problem that can be directly linked to Putin's individual responsabilty. It is just that it better not come from a US MSM source as it is likely to be BS.
If you add the claims about his wealth, his personal supervision of every single things that is taking place in Russia, the fact that he is pointing a gun in the neck of the +140 millions Russians ... you realise that the you are facing a propoaganda campaign meant at scaring idiots rather than a vaguely plausible narative. Unless Putin manages to have 100 hours long days, it is impossible to realise half of the things he is rumoured to do.

FYI : The US has about 2 millions people in prison, the largest number as well as percentage of the population of any country on the planet and a total of 6 millions individuals under some type of "correctional suppervision" This not just more than in Putin's Russia, it is more people than there were in Stalin's gulag system at his height.

edit on 22-9-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: -

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

edit on 22-9-2017 by Shamrock6 because: a boo-boo was made and owned up to, all is well

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Actually you have point. Now that I lol back most of my comments were actually pointed at sillyolm. Apparently everyone that speaks out against Putin dies from poison and no one would dare.

My apologies. I won't edit my post. I effed up..

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Great read!

I sincerely hope the majority will read it. But sadly, any constructive criticism against the US, is quickly being duped "america bashing", which in this case is far from the truth.

You don't think there's a basic undertone in all posts by DerBeobachter? I won't take anyone seriously who continues to type his/her long version of the United States. Write intelligently and I'll read with objectivity.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Lol I appreciate the reply. I was genuinely confused as to how you got to that point about anything I had said.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Russians aren't any real big issue ,the PACIFIC however is about to touch off.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You hit the nail here. Despite the first page of douche's straying from your point, many of us get it, and understand.

This is turning into McCarthism V2. Once again the firsts posts kinda proves it, first they ridicule you, then point fingers coz you missed a comma...

The utter hatred against Russia is blowing my mind. The rhetoric here is getting dumber and dangerous. There are still some who think they can make a buck with a war against Russia? Shameless!

Thx for the post ChaoticOrder

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Haha, thanks. The more they ridicule more I know I'm doing something right.

edit on 23/9/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

You sound like one of those Russians that are mad that their propaganda has been called put.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

I know I already responded to your posts but you made some other interesting points I need to respond to.

There's proof they tried to influence US elections. What? You think they want to make America stronger?

People keep saying there's some proof they tried to influence the elections, but I have yet to see it. I've heard that the IP's linked to the DNC hack trace back to Russia, but is there any real evidence of that claim? And assuming it's true how do we know the attacker didn't mask the IP's to hide the real origin of the attack? Assuming the origin was Russia, how do we know the attackers were linked to the Russian government, many of the words best hackers live in Russia and many of them wouldn't need to be paid to hack the DNC. And lets just say it was Russian government hackers who hacked the DNC, that in no way invalidates the result of the election, they leaked DNC secrets and people voted accordingly.

No they don't. They want a weaker America to make them stronger. A divided America is the political goal. Currency uncertainty, market instability. They want nations to have less faith in America's markets.

If this were at all true they would have just let Hillary win, in her decrepit state I doubt she could have done even 1% of what Trump did in the first few months in office. The economy has been going well and Trump gives me far more confidence in the future of the economy than Hillary ever would, and I don't live in the U.S. so you can give up with this argument that all foreigners think Trump will destroy the economy. From what I can see he's inspiring people to get back into the work force and empower themselves rather than rely on government handouts.

Assuming Russia did help Trump win, their motivations would have been purely to avoid the increased tension Hillary would have caused between U.S. and Russian relations, obviously it's not in their interest to have someone leading the U.S. who totally despises their nation and treats them like the enemy of the free world. Last I checked Russia was one of the only nations on Earth willing to give Snowden refuge, and I'm aware that argument probably means nothing to you because you view Snowden as a traitor, when actually what Snowden did will help us preserve what liberty and privacy we have left.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

You sound like one of those Russians that are mad that their propaganda has been called put.

Yes well this may be hard for your brain to comprehend but I'm actually Australian, as I have stated on many different occasions. I some times make threads related to Australian affairs, I don't speak a word of Russian and I've never been to Russia... but if picturing me as a Russian makes it easier for you to dismiss my words then who am I to judge.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

Of course, but since the Russians are under attack you just have to step up and defend them right?

Defend them? No - they are as guilty as a plethora of other govts. who propagandize, interfere and destroy lives. I'd say the US and Russia are the two biggest culprits for that in the world today.

However, there are people (xenophobes) who seem to think Russia is the great Satan. They act a little like ISIS with their irrational hatred of all things American just because the American govt is corrupt and murderous.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Lmao, look it is possible for an aussie disagree with Morgan Freeman... warning the video contains quite bad language.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Or you could just get out of your feelings comrade..

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Putin has done what Khrushchev could not.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Did you really expect ATS's SJW brigade to share your concerns when the ones being targeted are white Christians (Russians)? Don't you know white people in the past did bad things so all the anti-Russian rhetoric is alright considering they are a majority-white population?

There seems to be an awful lot of anti-Russian sentiment from US citizens, the result of years of programming I suppose...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The Russians are now supposedly being oppressed in solidarity with their White Christian brothers in the US.

You can't make this stuff up.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent

There seems to be an awful lot of anti-Russian sentiment from US citizens, the result of years of programming I suppose...

Going right back to 1917.

Funny how its only a problem now that President Snowflake is under scrutiny.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
IVAN doesn't give ONE crap if THIS COWBOY slams him..THEY know Americans are rude as do the planet.
"Nicelturney" people(Spelled wrong IVAN help me out here)
edit on 24-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman mentions Putin and the Russian government, he doesn't talk about the Russian people. Are you offended on behalf of oligarchs and the FSB? Bizarre. Not even real SJW's could come up with this stuff.

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I've actually seen SJW people complain about the U.S. making too many movies where the plot involves some heroic Americans who fight off the evil foreigners who are typically Russian. Obviously those movies don't offend me because it's just entertainment but the SJW's do have a point in this case I hate to admit... we often stereotype other races and generalize them as if they were all a single hive mind.

This is real life, not movies.

It seems like it's not PC for some to admit that Russia may have done anything shady, since it could reflect badly on Trump. I hope those people come to their senses soon. US sovereignty and free democracy are more important than the liberal vs. conservative tug. I know that people have good intentions, they want to drain the swamp, etc etc. But you can't use an even bigger swamp to flush out a smaller one, they ought to be careful about who they get in bed with, ideologically.

originally posted by: introvert
I find the average people I converse with that get their news from the MSM are generally better informed and not so partisan as those that consider themselves "enlightened" and consume almost strictly alternative media.

Unfortunately, many of those people, especially on ATS, are the "sheeple" they claim to fight against.

Classic sheeple tend to have a more balanced and viable understanding of the world around them, yeah. It's gotta be said to the credit of tin foils that they question things more, but unfortunately most of them end up as "hypnotized" by alternative media as the sheeple are by MSM.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join