It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answer to the question: Why are we here?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: makalit

We are here to experience the creation of life. You can see how there are multitudes of vessels that are the embodiment of life, and each are equipped with survival mechanisms to last one earth as long as possible, which is a short time compared to the time it takes to create the earth and celestial beings. It is clear to me that the diverse aspects of beings on earth explain how the Conscious Cosmic Creator desired to view the creation of life in all the aspects that were possible.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienVessel
It is clear to me that the diverse aspects of beings on earth explain how the Conscious Cosmic Creator desired to view the creation of life in all the aspects that were possible.

Yup. What we see in our world is an exact translation of the desire of existence. These laws are not working by chance but working instead by intention and desire.
edit on 22-9-2017 by makalit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The first "game" program I ever used was Doom, then I upgraded to the Quake series. I was gaming one day and when I entered a particular room, the game froze. I found a glitch. I emailed support, and they sent me a patch.

At that point I suddenly realized that we are living in a "simulation". God (or whatever) is the main programmer. We are here experiencing this particular reality with billions of others who are living this particular experience with us.

Our soul then disconnects with this body and we are free to explore other realities at our leisure.

It's the only thing that makes sense. I was raised as a Christian, but I can still recall asking our minister MANY questions.

"So, before Jesus died on the cross for our sins, what happened to the millions/billions of people who died before he was born, they all went to hell, and that is why God sent him here? That was really unfair to them!!!"

Queue crickets chirping.

In reading "Return to Life, Extraordinary Cases of Children Who Remember Past Lives" I am more than ever convinced that we are simply living out this particular experience and we will decide after we die if we want to do this particular one again or to move on to a completely different plane or existence.

Fred

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Why does a reason for existence have to be there?

Exactly.

The meaning of life, is life itself.... just simply experience it.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
Exactly.

Not much of a thinker. Not all of us 'experience life'. Some of us experience not physically.
edit on 22-9-2017 by makalit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: makalit

a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Why does a reason for existence have to be there?

Exactly.

Not much of a thinker. Not all of us 'experience' life. Some of us think and do nothing.

If you are living, you are experiencing. The choice of life is per the individual.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If life is truly a random walk as you are suggesting then life has no purpose or meaning. In a life like that why not war or just blow ourselves up? It would save us all from a pointless existence.

Actually it would do nothing whatsoever vis-a-vis pointlessness.

I'd imagine if its all really pure randomness and luck, then most folks would do whatever made them happy, because that's as much reason as most of us need for anything.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

If you are living, you are experiencing. The choice of life is per the individual.

I agree life is the meaning. But a lot of people think there is no meaning and this is just the inevitable result of random mundane laws that just exist because thats just how they are and there is no real reason for it and we sprouted out of these.

I disagree with that idea. Yes life is what reality is. It is alive

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I like to pretend we are here because the spirit world/heaven is boring as #*((*@$. No decay. No entropy. Nothing random. No chaos. No growth. No change.

Now compare that type of existence to this one. This is paradise in comparison. I just hope I can buy more tickets after my ride in this reality is complete.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

I couldn't agree more, nicely put.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is just me speculating. . .

If life can be created, and life can spontaneously arise. If both are true

Then it follows that somewhere deep inside, the knowledge or memory of being created would be there.

Could the human condition of feeling that there is a creator arise from this knowledge?

Maybe created Beings, even if they have no memories of being created, would still feel a need to search?

Conversely, a Being who spontaneously arose would not have this need.

I wonder . . . .

edit on 22-9-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienVessel

I have to say, I much share your view. We are all part of one cosmic consciousness that manifests in a multitude of ways.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

And even if this is the case, I do not see it as a problem, but rather a necessary part, the veil if you will, of the overall earthly experience. I see it like a simple spinal adjustment. Ever been to a chiropractor? One of the essentials of a spinal adjustment or a neck adjustment is the element of surprise. The adjuster will misdirect your consciousness away from what is about to happen and in that moment do the adjustment. If he were to say ''ok, get ready, one to three go, what happens is that we automatically begin to tense up the muscles and tendons in the area we are about to receive the treatment which then either nullifies or at best makes that moment of adjustment more severe.

Likewise, if our earthly selves knew ahead of time exactly what it was we were really here for, the physical routines and instinctual reactions would try to control it all according to the limits of this physical animal nature. It is only by ignorance of our true higher nature that the experience of the physical can be ''uploaded'' to our larger selves.

I said nowhere that the connection to the higher self, god, the divine, enlightenment or whatever you want to call it could not be realized in this lifetime. I definitely see this as a problem, since once you do not know who you are or you are diverted from your true potential by the so enticing 'reality' as we call it, which has nothing to do with reality, the result is the inner world reflected into the outer. You call the veil necessary, I call it illusory. Any heaven, hell or paradise will only be of our own creation. We are the creators. Which other known creature has even close to the same capacity as we do to imagine, explore, have insight, dream and create? Next, tell we where that capacity stems from? How does the non-existent come into existence? Isn't that an attribute of a creator?
edit on 23-9-2017 by TatTvamAsi because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2017 by TatTvamAsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
This is just me speculating. . .

If life can be created, and life can spontaneously arise. If both are true

Then it follows that somewhere deep inside, the knowledge or memory of being created would be there.

Could the human condition of feeling that there is a creator arise from this knowledge?

Maybe created Beings, even if they have no memories of being created, would still feel a need to search?

Conversely, a Being who spontaneously arose would not have this need.

I wonder . . . .

That makes sense to me What. I recall that that very question, or speculation was considered by Blaise Pascal, a Christian philosopher. His wondering was much more Christian oriented but for the most part, your wonder seems basically the same to me , just broader.

I like wondering.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I like to pretend we are here because the spirit world/heaven is boring as #*((*@$. No decay. No entropy. Nothing random. No chaos. No growth. No change.

Now compare that type of existence to this one. This is paradise in comparison. I just hope I can buy more tickets after my ride in this reality is complete.

I can see that. Maybe not exactly as you describe, but something like it. Something that makes this space and time different from all the rest of whatever this bigger picture is. If it is of course,

I kinda like to think that everything is Heaven and this place is just the part of Heaven where we come for all the things that are available here, because of all the special conditions that exist here and not elsewhere. Did that make sense?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TatTvamAsi

And even if this is the case, I do not see it as a problem, but rather a necessary part, the veil if you will, of the overall earthly experience. I see it like a simple spinal adjustment. Ever been to a chiropractor? One of the essentials of a spinal adjustment or a neck adjustment is the element of surprise. The adjuster will misdirect your consciousness away from what is about to happen and in that moment do the adjustment. If he were to say ''ok, get ready, one to three go, what happens is that we automatically begin to tense up the muscles and tendons in the area we are about to receive the treatment which then either nullifies or at best makes that moment of adjustment more severe.

Likewise, if our earthly selves knew ahead of time exactly what it was we were really here for, the physical routines and instinctual reactions would try to control it all according to the limits of this physical animal nature. It is only by ignorance of our true higher nature that the experience of the physical can be ''uploaded'' to our larger selves.

I said nowhere that the connection to the higher self, god, the divine, enlightenment or whatever you want to call it could not be realized in this lifetime. I definitely see this as a problem, since once you do not know who you are or you are diverted from your true potential by the so enticing 'reality' as we call it, which has nothing to do with reality, the result is the inner world reflected into the outer. You call the veil necessary, I call it illusory. Any heaven, hell or paradise will only be of our own creation. We are the creators. Which other known creature has even close to the same capacity as we do to imagine, explore, have insight, dream and create? Next, tell we where that capacity stems from? How does the non-existent come into existence? Isn't that an attribute of a creator?

How does the non-existent come into existence? I have never been able to wrap my head around the idea of something from nothing. Ever. I have studied those who say it is so, yet to me at least it can't. I"m an old ''what is is and will always be and what is not is'nt even not. However my mind CAN get around the idea that a creator, The Creator, we as creators, can if not bring something into being, at least rearrange the furniture in this huge house of reality in a never ending plethora of realities.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I like wondering too, sometimes it takes one into interesting places.

The idea opens some interesting but controversial prospects. Such as God having peers.

If God indeed has peers, it follows that when humanity eventually goes to the stars he might meet intellegent life created by a different God.

Now THAT meeting of Theologians would be interesting . . . .

edit on 23-9-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

How does the non-existent come into existence? I have never been able to wrap my head around the idea of something from nothing.

The issue is that you think you are separate to what is happening - this 'separate you' implies one thing and the world is assumed to be another thing. But really there is only what is happening - what is happening is not made of two - you and it. There is no you and it - there is just what is happening - what is happening is no thing.
Does that clear things up?

Nothing is appearing to exist.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
Dunno the purpose of life myself, nor if there is, or is not a purpose.

Why does there have to be a purpose for being?

Because nothing exists for the sake of existence itself; everything from the most basic of items like a pencil, to a more complex object like a car would not come into existence without the need to fill some void, therefore fulfill some purpose.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

Because nothing exists for the sake of existence itself; everything from the most basic of items like a pencil, to a more complex object like a car would not come into existence without the need to fill some void, therefore fulfill some purpose.

I can understand the purpose of a pencil, it has a creator.

Assuming humans are created Beings, for what purpose?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join