It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answer to the question: Why are we here?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This was on the post ask alien 3 questions.

I thought this was so positive that I am making a post just for this info addressing one question:
Why are we here?

ETA: i only mention hybrydization based off of other people's opinions. it's all anyone ever says.
but if i discarded those and just used all the knowledge i have, they could have just wanted a place for their souls to come where they can experience a different means of life. human life.

i think god thinks what we have on earth is beautiful. there isnt many planets where one species is above the rest. if you look at the rest of animals that is the case. i think having one above the rest is quite amazing. it's a big universe out there (trillions of planets with life actually infinite if space is infinite) and why not? it creates a diversity and variance that most planets dont get. we question what we are. we utilize the other specieis. we praise the other species (animals). we have a unique place among them. its beautiful and unique.

using all the knowledge i have. they may have just wanted a new form of life that their souls could come to. i have no evidence for this claim.
but i do know god can make you do things for 1 reason, making you think you are doing it for that reason, when he actually wanted you to do it for a different reason. for example you get an urge to go to the store just as some annoying relative you didnt wanna talk to phoned you. you thought you went to get gum. but you actually were guided ( i know for a fact this does happen EVERY MOMENT of existence you are being guided) to go to avoid that annoying call. you werent meant to. and so the same can be said EVEN if they only wanted hybridization. That that might not be why god made them.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
i just hope my message translated

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: makalit

This is really the only question that matters for humanity.

Until you answer this fundamental question nothing you do matters. You are simply a chicken running around with your head cut off. Without context life is meaningless.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
its why we've made up religions in the past to fill in blanks that we needed to be filled.. but now we have a lot more awareness..

I think there is 1 question higher that we need to know- not why are we here- but why does anything exist. If you search enough I think you will come to the truth, as the truth is all there is.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Interesting theory makalit. I like to think about these things also.
As I read your theory, I was thinking to my self, why does it have to be aliens that want to place their souls here for the experience. What if it is we ourselves who decide to live here for a while. What if our real selves are much vaster beings who incorporate here in this limited space time for the experiences it offers. Kind of like a sports player. He realizes that he can run fast enough, he can jump fast enough or whatever, but realizes he needs to improve his ability to do somersaults.
So what does he do. He goes to a place where he can practice his somersaults and practices there.

What if there are practices or experiences that we can have here that we cannot have in our larger selves do to the specific constraints and limitations this time and space demands?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

When you ask "Why does everything exist?"

You aren't just assuming reason exists for everything and the reason
can not be fathomed by or even credited in our regard.

But also that the reason just by the enormity of " everything that exists"

is evidence of an intelligence we have not even imagined.

So in a secular society there is no reasoning.
edit on Ram92217v52201700000053 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Why does a reason for existence have to be there?

Thinking something needs a purpose in order to exist immediately brings up the question of Who assigned the purpose?

Perhaps that is humanity's greatest mistake. To think there has to be a purpose in the first place.

I would suggest that sort of thinking has caused more wars, bloodshed and suffering then any other reason in history.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

I would suggest that sort of thinking has caused more wars, bloodshed and suffering then any other reason in history.

Why does a reason for war have to be there?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
Why does a reason for existence have to be there?

Thinking something needs a purpose in order to exist immediately brings up the question of Who assigned the purpose?

Perhaps that is humanity's greatest mistake. To think there has to be a purpose in the first place.

If life is truly a random walk as you are suggesting then life has no purpose or meaning. In a life like that why not war or just blow ourselves up? It would save us all from a pointless existence.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Cause and effect?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Dunno the purpose of life myself, nor if there is, or is not a purpose.

Why does there have to be a purpose for being?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Any way you explain it life is a miracle.
And there's always a reason when a miracle happens.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Any way you explain it life is a miracle.

Life is wonderous indeed.

If "miracle" is used in the sense of an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs, the healing miracles described in the Gospels. Well, dunno myself one way or the other.

And there's always a reason when a miracle happens.

Yet that puts a Creator as a first cause.

I just lean towards the posibility that life can spontaneously arise. Yet I am also sure that life can be created with a purpose.

But that's just me.
edit on 22-9-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: added: "Yet I am also sure that life can be created with a purpose." for clarity

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The ultimate question is indeed "why dloes anything exist"? I think the terms "beginning" and "end" are essentially meaningless where reality is concerned.
edit on 22-9-2017 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Mogget

The ultimate question is indeed "why dloes anything exist"? The fact that it does essentially means (to me) that something has always existed, and always will do.

. . . .I like that, . . . has always existed, and always will do.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Actually, this way of thinking is pretty close to how the aboriginals of Australia even describe us coming into existence. We were immortal and all powerful spirits, who could not interact with our own creation. So, we had a stroke of genius, let's fashion an abode for the spirit to animate in order to be able to experience and interact with what has been created. The problem just was, once you took form, you were trapped and could not return at will and had no recollection of your previous existence.

In front of the divine all questions are obliterated, so the question of the most important question is meaningless. Just live, do whatever brings celebration and harmony into your life and your surroundings, you cannot go wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Who says God THINKS at all? God just IS... doesn't need to think, rationalize, ponder.. God just DOES....

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Now that's a post!

Thank you for elaborating.

edit on Ram92217v47201700000017 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: makalit
Why are we here?

We're here so DNA can continue in some form through time. That's about it. Not to love one another or any of that other nonsense.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TatTvamAsi
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Actually, this way of thinking is pretty close to how the aboriginals of Australia even describe us coming into existence. We were immortal and all powerful spirits, who could not interact with our own creation. So, we had a stroke of genius, let's fashion an abode for the spirit to animate in order to be able to experience and interact with what has been created. The problem just was, once you took form, you were trapped and could not return at will and had no recollection of your previous existence.

In front of the divine all questions are obliterated, so the question of the most important question is meaningless. Just live, do whatever brings celebration and harmony into your life and your surroundings, you cannot go wrong.

Thank you Tat, I had not heard this view. Yes there are similarities. You say

The problem just was, once you took form, you were trapped and could not return at will and had no recollection of your previous existence.

And even if this is the case, I do not see it as a problem, but rather a necessary part, the veil if you will, of the overall earthly experience. I see it like a simple spinal adjustment. Ever been to a chiropractor? One of the essentials of a spinal adjustment or a neck adjustment is the element of surprise. The adjuster will misdirect your consciousness away from what is about to happen and in that moment do the adjustment. If he were to say ''ok, get ready, one to three go, what happens is that we automatically begin to tense up the muscles and tendons in the area we are about to receive the treatment which then either nullifies or at best makes that moment of adjustment more severe.

Likewise, if our earthly selves knew ahead of time exactly what it was we were really here for, the physical routines and instinctual reactions would try to control it all according to the limits of this physical animal nature. It is only by ignorance of our true higher nature that the experience of the physical can be ''uploaded'' to our larger selves.

This is all speculation on my part of course but that is some of the things I am thinking upon. I mean why not. Our world is full of theories and religions and philosophies. We can either accept and follow any of them, ignore them all completely, or if we wish, put together our own. I mean why not.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join