It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Schoolers Forced To Lay In Dark Room, Wrists Bound As 'Slavery Project'...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

you forgot

your dogs and wallet are on a chain.
you cut your grass and find a pickup on blocks.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Whitney is a school with students from predominantly Asian heritage. In the 2013-2014 academic school year, the majority demographic group, as reported by the State of California, was Asian with 71.5% of enrollment. Filipinos made up 10.9% of enrollment, Hispanics of any race were 8.6%, whites (not Hispanic) 4.7%, African Americans 2.4%, Pacific Islanders 0.5%, Native American or Alaska Native (not Hispanic) 0.2%, and two or more races (not Hispanic) 1.1%

Wiki

This isn't just any high school either, it's one of the top schools in the nation.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Even more of a reason to believe that the school actually knows what it's doing, and that the anti intellectual home school crowd doesn't.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Thats really weird. Its white people weird. Black people dont want all that. Just be normal and dont be a jerk.

and furthermore, I say Carthage must be destroyed.

edit on 9 19 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Even more of a reason to believe that the school actually knows what it's doing, and that the anti intellectual home school crowd doesn't.

You avoided my question. Have you ever experienced anything as horrible as being bound and helpless in real life?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

What's the problem with this?

I'm seriously not understanding the outrage here.

Hmm, those 8 year old black kids in the class, were they also bound and put in a dark room? I mean, all they know about slavery is what they're taught. Shouldn't they also be bound, to show them what it was like?

Or do they get a free high horse pass, while the inferior white kids get treated to the 'education' they deserve for being born white?

What is the outrage? that some people don't get the outrage...

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The fact that you're trying to assert an objective and quantifiable state to the abstract is either ignorance or severe intellectual dishonesty. It is just as impossible to objectify "success" as it is "good" or "bad" parenting. You continue to espouse nonsense tantamount to forcing a child's hand over a flame (for a valid experience), all the while trying to claim some intellectual high ground about who is or isn't qualified to teach/parent. Can you even hear your own thoughts over that ego?

There is no such thing as the perfect teacher or the perfect parent. Pretending that you have the "right" position on this argument doesn't make you any more "right" than those that would say they raised their children "right". Your comments about voting were even more absurd, considering this entire human system is corrupted from the top down. You can not and will not know the hearts and minds of your fellow man, therefore it is impossible to make an accurate judgement about a system reliant on hundreds if not thousands of people. Then to top things off (at least you're honest about this) you claim to be under the same falsehoods as everyone else, throwing yourself and your argument under the bus.

So tell me, why argue at all if you already knew your argument was moot? Just to show how "intellectual" you are? How much "better" you grasp the situation than everyone else? All I see is a misguided ego, greedy for attention and self-congratulation.

Human beings do not have the ability to claim objectively that something is "Good", "bad", "right", "wrong", "beautiful", etc... To claim or imply otherwise just makes you look like a fool...over....and over...and over again. It's like watching an argument about whether chocolate or vanilla is better; it doesn't matter... All that matters is that we do the best we can and learn from our mistakes; clearly this seems to be the failed impetus of humankind. With all our mistakes and all our "bests", we continue to divide and conquer ourselves. We die when we let our intellect (ego) decide our love.

I've noticed recently the abhorrent intellectual dishonesty going on in these forums lately (not directed at you specifically, pending your reply
). I wish people would just be honest with themselves and each other, the world would be at least a little more bearable.

Godspeed.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I'm fairly sure that the school knows exactly what it is doing. That's what scares the beegeebers out of me.

ETA: If the homeschool parents did this to their kids they would probably end up in jail for child abuse.
edit on 20-9-2017 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

What the.....????? Ten YEARS???? Where were the parents?? How is that not child abuse?? Why are all involved not in jail? if I was an adult that had attended that school, I'd be filing a lawsuit.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

What the.....????? Ten YEARS???? Where were the parents?? How is that not child abuse?? Why are all involved not in jail? if I was an adult that had attended that school, I'd be filing a lawsuit.

Clearly the only way forward is to remove all evidence of slavery from the history books, and certainly not teach kids about it and or how inhumane it was.

Putin has a similar strategy, he has rewritten the history books in Russia to show that Stalin's way was a good thing and beneficial for his citizens .....

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It's been going on for 10 years, so why is it a problem now? What is so bad about this? Those slaves created the wealth of the South.

Oh, that's right, you only make posts to inflame the boards, carry on.
edit on 20-9-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Studies show that children who are home schooled participate in extra-curricular activities much more frequently than children in the public education system. It's probably because they WANT to engage in these activities and actually have the time to do so... instead of being bored to death for 8 hours in a bureaucratic meat grinder then going home and sitting in front of the TV.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

edit on 20-9-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: ugh

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
All in all your just another brick in the wall

edit on 20-9-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

That is horrific! It is abuse as i understand it.

By that reckoning should not German kids be stripped naked and made to sit in the dark chamber and hear the hiss as valves are loosened?

These kids, nor you, nor I did these crimes. Penalty is for a convicted criminal only and it is decided upon by a clearly appointed judge.

Honestly, folks, these kids are being abused. It's not right.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The two problems I have with it are: It probably should be voluntary and it's a poorly designed, lazy and indulgent lesson plan. To me it sounds like less of a historical experience and more of an indoctrination.

Also, while the slave ship captains are clearly represented, I wonder who played the slave trading African tribal leaders and human traffickers.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I wonder how many people that said this is no big deal, would freak out if a fraternity did this, or people in the military... I think the term used then is hazing.

I do not see a difference to be honest, no warning suddenly bound and left in a dark room, yea bad plan.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
We did something similar to this in 7th or 8th when we watched Amistad.

It made me incredibly sad- but any time I think of that stretch of our nations history, I get sad so not too much more trauma than the truth already gave me.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. I guess the way I look at it is, we were given a small taste of how uncomfortable it was, but you know what, we weren't subjected to those living conditions, the brutality, the starvation.... we just had to lie down real close and not move and be quiet and watch a movie. Big Deal.

Well, to clarify, we weren't bound, and I don't think any kids should be bound either. Was it just bracelets, or were the kids wrists harmed? Because this is 2017 and while I think it's necessary to educate our babies on the history of this world and this nation, I don't think we need to subject them to binding.

-Alee
edit on 9/20/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Sure I can. There is exactly one decision you could make for your kids at any given moment that has optimal results. Parents are rarely, if ever qualified to identify that one decision. Therefore, they cannot ever rate their parenting abilities, and by extension can never say their parenting abilities and opinions are above someone elses opinion.

Interestingly, this same argument holds true for self determination. You are not the most qualified individual to make any choices in your life.

Are you being serious? That is the biggest crock of psycho babble crap I have ever heard!

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
A reply to: NerdGoddess

Frankly I do not understand why this is being done in US schools. Slavery has been over for how many years? Should German schools march kids to Auschwitz and make them stand bound and naked in the showers while tear gas is being pumped in to teach them the evils done by the German people during the Nazi regime?

And statistics provided above indicate that evil white kids only account for 4% of this schools student body! It is 72% Asian. I dont recall any Asians being involved in the US slave trade.

Honestly, is there no way forward?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join