It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Schoolers Forced To Lay In Dark Room, Wrists Bound As 'Slavery Project'...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

thats right just put a ball gag around their neck while youre at it....after all its not actually in their mouth.....

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

As far as I can tell there is no exemption for breaking the law even with the permission slip.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: seasonal

I found a kindergarten teacher one time laying on her stomach in the classroom and making her students walk on her back! Her excuse was that she had a sore back and the pressure felt good.

Child labor laws should have prevented that!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
My qualifications are common effing sense.

Can you cite any academic or scientific studies at all, that suggest that what you consider to be common sense is in the best interest of your kids?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Thanks for doing it right.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: intrepid
I won't speak for Burd but me? I'm their god damn parent. That's enough qualification.

Parents can have good intentions for their children while being incapable of making the best decision for them. Just being their parent doesn't give you the right to make a wrong choice.

If it's my decision it's the right choice and NO ONE, including you can qualify that. Do you or anyone else know my kids better than I do? That said mine are all adults, well adjusted I might add, but I also have a 2yo grandson.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

As far as I can tell there is no exemption for breaking the law even with the permission slip.

statelaws.findlaw.com...

Sounds to me like it's more of a gray area in this case. You would have to make an argument as to the level of restraint, as well as mitigating circumstances, such as the fact it was painless, they weren't actually tied down (and therefore, not restrained), that parents consented, and that it was in the context of education rather than punishment.

I'm not saying a court wouldn't rule against it, but it seems unlikely to me given the mitigating circumstances. There's a big difference between binding a student with tape for punishment and this.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sure I can. There is exactly one decision you could make for your kids at any given moment that has optimal results. Parents are rarely, if ever qualified to identify that one decision. Therefore, they cannot ever rate their parenting abilities, and by extension can never say their parenting abilities and opinions are above someone elses opinion.

Interestingly, this same argument holds true for self determination. You are not the most qualified individual to make any choices in your life.

edit on 9/19/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/19/2017 by eriktheawful because: I clicked on the wrong button......sorry!

edit on 9/19/2017 by eriktheawful because: Fixed post I accidently messed up.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Just what every parent wants in a school. Having to depend on grey areas to teach kids that slavery is bad. Keep in mind the kids were not uncomfortable, starving, raped, beaten, freezing for a moment. This taught nothing other than being a decisive tool that dredges up the slave master pyrimidine that does not apply.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonalThis taught nothing other than being a decisive tool that dredges up the slave master pyrimidine that does not apply.

Ok, but now you're falling back to the argument that it was ineffective, not that it was wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Ok, but now you're falling back to the argument that it was ineffective, not that it was wrong.

Being ineffective does not exclude it from being wrong. It is both.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Being ineffective does not exclude it from being wrong. It is both.

And you're basing that on what?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The same thing you are.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Are you a teacher? This sounds like the elitist BS that I dealt with with my kids when they were younger. It was wrong then and it's wrong now. The only difference here is that you can hide behind internet anonymity.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: intrepid
If it's my decision it's the right choice and NO ONE, including you can qualify that. Do you or anyone else know my kids better than I do? That said mine are all adults, well adjusted I might add, but I also have a 2yo grandson.

Sure I can. There is exactly one decision you could make for your kids at any given moment that has optimal results. Parents are rarely, if ever qualified to identify that one decision. Therefore, they cannot ever rate their parenting abilities, and by extension can never say their parenting abilities and opinions are above someone elses opinion.

Interestingly, this same argument holds true for self determination. You are not the most qualified individual to make any choices in your life.

But overall, allowing parents and individuals control over there own life is the best possible system, as anything else has extreme negative possibilities.

So even if a person may make a bad choice for themselves, it beats the alternative.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

my my....you are really off the rails my friend. If you think a scientist detached from familial bonds knows better than a parent who has created, nurtured, birthed and raised another human being 24 hours a day for years you might look into getting some common sense of your own.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

This is inane nonsense and a relinquishment of self-empowered capabilities.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

dude, you do know i hope that kids get suspended all the time for making symbolic gestures....hence symbolic gestures even if they are designed or have the intent to teach some wonderful lesson can still be totally wrong and maybe even illegal.

personally i wish i was an attorney just to tear into the retarded reprobates who thought this was a good idea.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Sure I can. There is exactly one decision you could make for your kids at any given moment that has optimal results. Parents are rarely, if ever qualified to identify that one decision. Therefore, they cannot ever rate their parenting abilities, and by extension can never say their parenting abilities and opinions are above someone elses opinion. Interestingly, this same argument holds true for self determination. You are not the most qualified individual to make any choices in your life.

you are making a series of a priori statements without anything to back them up, so if you think you sound erudite or enlightened its probably only in your own mind.

but since you put the profoundly absurd notion out there please do support it with volumes of evidence.

Who is most qualified to make "optimal" decisions for us if not us?
edit on 19-9-2017 by tribal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

personally i wish i was an attorney just to tear into the retarded reprobates who thought this was a good idea.

Tied up...in the dark...forced to lay in one place...confined. That's enough to make a kid develop severe claustrophobia. You would probably have a good case.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join