It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frankie Boyle explains how most of UK feel about Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Franky Boyle don't speak for me. It's very pompous for people to think they are talking for a majority, when their social exposure is pretty limited to luvvies and celebrities.

Most people in the UK don't give a toss about Trump.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

That's not true either. I know plenty people who want Brexit and hate Trump. Likewise many more people who didn't want Brexit and don't hate Trump. It's really not that simplistic. Can we not dumb everything down like this?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

What sort of actual numbers do the terms "plenty" and "many more" represent?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I don't like Trump as a human being, which is why I didn't vote for him.

But I don't approve of the manipulation or smear campaign against him either that has been orchestrated by the controlling elites.

One helpful exercise to use to understand that most of what is said about Trump, as a president, is B.S. is to replace his name and image of him in your mind with that of a Marijuana plant. Because what they're doing to Trump is the same thing they did to a simple plant long ago and why they're doing it boils down to the same reason as well: control. They crave it, they need it and they've done a lot worse to acquire and keep it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: BlackSkinhead

In fact, when you are in another person's country and all that...

This is a mainly American site. I would NEVER insult their President EVER. I am far too fond of the American people to dare think I have any right to interfere in THEIR political affairs. It just ain't polite.

I apologize for my fellow British person, America. He is not thinking properly. He does not understand that it is not his place to speak for everybody in his country and walk on American turf dissing their President so.

Obey...obey...obey...sleep...marry...pay taxes...sleep...sleep...watch TV...Consume...sleep...obey the ruler...

"America" wants to be first, so they are first to be critized.
And there is no exception for their president!
Less than ever if this puppet of the circles surrounding him is a threat to the whole world!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The people who look the most foolish are the ones who said Trump would never be President, and those that have been throwing childlike tantrums since his victory.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Franky Boyle is a prime example of why we should protect free speech , he hits the nail on the head regardless of what the easily offended think.

Some take comfort in the fact that a triumvirate of US generals have essentially annexed military policy. In many ways, the concentration of power into the hands of Generals Mattis, Kelly and McMaster is the only thing worse than Trump.

It’s impossible to have been in an institution like the US army your whole life without having internalised a worldview that believes complex international relationships are best handled through the medium of high explosives.

a reply to: carewemust

Does the U.K. Anti-Trump crowd = the U.K. Anti-BrExit crowd?

The UK anti Trump crowd = the thinking majority.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
You have to love when people make predictions about nuclear wars and such, because as has usually been the case, they are wrong; and them and their little parrots turn out to be dupes.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
FU Frankie Boyle. Uses shock value to offend and keep hold of his fame. Doesn't think twice about ridiculing people because of their looks.... Writes for the Guardian? Says it all.

Another product of the media who the cool people masturbate over because he is 'anti-establishment'.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Who's Frankie Boyle?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

In fact, when you are in another person's country and all that...

This is a mainly American site. I would NEVER insult their President EVER. I am far too fond of the American people to dare think I have any right to interfere in THEIR political affairs. It just ain't polite.

I apologize for my fellow British person, America. He is not thinking properly. He does not understand that it is not his place to speak for everybody in his country and walk on American turf dissing their President so.

I would not insult Obama, Hillary or Trump so. The only time I have any real right to criticize American politicians is relating to foreign affairs. Yeah, it's okay to have a polite laugh long with the Americans when it is their joke, but I would feel so out of turn to insult from my own stash of commentary.

Weird that mate

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Uses shock value to offend and keep hold of his fame. Doesn't think twice about ridiculing people because of their looks

That sounds oddly familiar. Speaking as an American citizen.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I don't agree with one word you or that hasbeen not funny not comedian have written.

You don't agree he's in a war of words with N Korea? You don't agree that Trump is President?

From reading that I can now see that the guy you are quoting is not very clever at all and his opinions carry no weight.

I'm assuming the 9 in your username represents your age so I won't be too hard on you for getting upset.

As for the OP... absolutely. Trump is as much as a joke in the UK as he is across the globe.

And I can speak for the majority of the UK when I say we are both laughing at you and feeling sorry for you at the same time.

But hey, on the bright side its been 6 days since you've had a school shooting! Way to go America!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Franky Boyle is a prime example of why we should protect free speech , he hits the nail on the head regardless of what the easily offended think.

Some take comfort in the fact that a triumvirate of US generals have essentially annexed military policy. In many ways, the concentration of power into the hands of Generals Mattis, Kelly and McMaster is the only thing worse than Trump.

It’s impossible to have been in an institution like the US army your whole life without having internalised a worldview that believes complex international relationships are best handled through the medium of high explosives.

Does the U.K. Anti-Trump crowd = the U.K. Anti-BrExit crowd?

The UK anti Trump crowd = the thinking majority.

Agree completely about what you say on free speech. I am a fan of Franky Boyle but I can have a differing opinion on his chosen subject matter. That doesn't make me dumb. Again with these sweeping generalisations- if you are anti Trump you are intelligent. If you aren't you must be dumb. Actually it can be quite the opposite for cases in the UK. Most anti Trumpers aren't thinking for themselves and are fed a lot of the hate from the media. The people from the UK that I've met who are not anti Trump have made their decision based on studying wide perspectives, political history, states of society and the state of agenda driven media. These people are definitely not 'non-thinking' types. Of course I can't speak for everyone but can we stop with the judgemental stereotyping where one side is dumb
and the other clever? Its way more complex.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim
I'd say, using the result of the Brexit vote as a point of reference - if it had been UK citizens voting between Trump and Hillary - more than likely, Trump still would have gotten elected. Now with all that's going on in Europe with the immigration crisis, probably even more-so the case.

The point is - you're about as credible as those that insisted Trump never had a chance, and those that insisted Brexit was never going to happen.
Same goes for Boyle. Not very credible - but good for a laugh.

edit on 19/9/17 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

Everything they've learned they've gleaned from the light of their screens—who to hate, who to laugh at, and when to do it. Unfortunately, since the majority of it has been negative, so are their opinions, but watch as they suppress evidence to the contrary in order to maintain their dogmas.
edit on 19-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
No.

It doesn't.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Franky Boyle does not speak for most of the UK, he speaks for himself.

Regardless of what has been posted here, he's a twat. He always was a twat and he will always be a twat.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Are you sure?
Are you sure he's not a twit?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: and14263

Uses shock value to offend and keep hold of his fame. Doesn't think twice about ridiculing people because of their looks

That sounds oddly familiar. Speaking as an American citizen.

Impossible to argue with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join