It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frankie Boyle explains how most of UK feel about Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Why not move to a cave now? No need to pay your mortgage off if you and your family are going feral.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: fossildog
I know, I need to give my kids a fair crack of the whip though. If I take them off now they'll grow up to be soft home educated oddballs. Whereas if I let the establishment education system limit their minds at least I know where I am with them.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I know, I need to give my kids a fair crack of the whip though. If I take them off now they'll grow up to be soft home educated oddballs. Whereas if I let the establishment education system limit their minds at least I know where I am with them.

I'm really struggling with this.

Where do you draw the line, my boys in a public school and I have to be really careful what I say to him.....
edit on 19-9-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
a reply to: daftpink

What sort of actual numbers do the terms "plenty" and "many more" represent?

Similar to your 'pretty much' I'm basing it on what I see and hear from people I know, concensus in debates I've been part of, tv debates, opinion pieces and open forums such as twitter and here. And the well known fact that the world is not solely black and white, left and right - despite many's desire for it to be this simplistic.

How do you quantify your 'pretty much' statement?

Therefore your claiming that my statement is an over simplification is null.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

If I might make one suggestion to the North Koreans, please don’t drop bombs indiscriminately upon the USA. There are specific targets you should hit that would upset the President the most and, luckily for your bombing crews, they’ve all got his name written on them in fifty foot high letters.

So Most of the UK would like to see NK drop nukeular bombs on the US, all be it not indiscriminately, because they don't like Donald Trump and the way he talks?

I don't know if this is true, but if it is, most of the UK sounds pretty petty ... almost on the same level as Trump himself.

I'm going to go with the idea that this is not how most in the UK feel. I've met quite a few people from that area and most weren't this obtuse.
edit on 19-9-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I don't know if this is true, but if it is, most of the UK sounds pretty petty ... almost on the same level as Trump himself.

Nobody I know wants to see anybody dropping bombs on the US , most people here like America we're just a bit disappointed with your leadership right now , the quote is tongue in cheek humour not meant literally.

I would add that we don't want to see the US dropping bombs on North Korea either.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I'm British and I think Trump is doing fine.

I'm American and I think he has no idea what he is doing.

That's exactly what makes it so great. He's fumbling around DC pissing people off. Best POTUS ever. I'm not being sarcastic btw.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Billy Connolly also summed it up nicely, it's a bit too crude to post on ATS but it sums it up very nicely

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Just him and Frankie Boyle? No you're wrong. A great many people feel this way about trump.

I'm dreading what he's going to say to the United Nations today.
Probably start with his beautiful building next door, then move on to how he got to 270 when no one thought he would, he will continue with the voter fraud that tricked the system into giving Hillary three million more votes than him.
He will fill in with how ineffective Obama was and what a failure his administration was. Blaming him for everything that's gone wrong ever. He will slander Clinton while mentioning emails but not how they were obtained. He will round that all up with a list of fake media outlets most likely led by the failing New York Times and CNN.
edit on 9192017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
So Most of the UK would like to see NK drop nukeular bombs on the US, all be it not indiscriminately, because they don't like Donald Trump and the way he talks?

That's crap. Most people thing Trump is a bit ridiculous, but they would not want nukes to be dropped. God forbid it if the war-monger Clinton was running the show. Most people in the UK recognise that North Korea is the guilty party and that a nuclear armed paranoid psycho in Pyongyang is a worry.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why? They're people too.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Just him and Frankie Boyle? No you're wrong. A great many people feel this way about trump.

I'm dreading what he's going to say to the United Nations today.
Probably start with his beautiful building next door, then move on to how he got to 270 when no one thought he would, he will continue with the voter fraud that tricked the system into giving Hillary three million more votes than him.
He will fill in with how ineffective Obama was and what a failure his administration was. Blaming him for everything that's gone wrong ever. He will slander Clinton while mentioning emails but not how they were obtained. He will round that all up with a list of fake media outlets most likely led by the failing New York Times and CNN.

Frankie Boyle and Liberals don't like Trump. The Guardian don't like Trump.

I think Trump is great. It's hilarious. I am loving this show like no other.

I'm not wrong. I'm British. I am telling the OP he can not talk for me. I don't want him to. He is overstating his influence. He can only speak for himself and not other British people, just as you can be speak for yourself.

I'm not wrong. How dare you say that I am wrong. I am telling the public what I think and begging America not to think we are all interfering conceited media zombies, just some of us, lol.

Bye bye!

ps: So far Trump has been very relevant and "proactive" about the UN. He is very much wanting to reinvent and modernize. This desperately needs to happen. He has took away half of America's cash from them to "encourage" them to be worth their investment in future, which they have not been.

UN peacekeepers have even been accused of sexual abuse: Look;

www.aljazeera.com...

That was only in July. There have been many accusations. Does America want to pay the UN to sit on its ass and even worse abuse the people it is meant to be helping? That money should not go to nice diplomat dinners and call girls. America, be glad your President took that money away to wake those people up; they bloody well need it.

edit on 19-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

People who know their history know Bush's Axis of Evil speech was the catalyst for the problem we see now , North Korea started their Nuclear weapons program following that with their first successful test happening in 06.

I'm not excusing the actions of Mr Kim but the ultimate blame lies with the Bush administration.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So what did you want? Hillary? That was the only other option...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: BlackSkinhead

I am from the UK and I don't think that even slightly. I don't agree with one word you or that hasbeen not funny not comedian have written.

From reading that I can now see that the guy you are quoting is not very clever at all and his opinions carry no weight. Who is he to declare any speaking on behalf of anybody?

I think you are pretending that most of the public feel this when it is just you and that guy. You are lying when you tell us most of the UK think that.

I want to inform EVERY reader here that I am a UK citizen and I do not feel or think any of this about President Trump. This OP does NOT IN ANY WAY speak for me.

OP, don't you EVER dare to pretend to speak for me because you don't. I think I would possibly disagree with just about anything a man like you would say.

Good bye.

Never had you had down as a triggered snowflake but that is actually exactly what this response indicates. So there you go.....

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

How dare you apologise for me !

hahaha see how that works.

Most not all people in the UK dislike trump because he is arrogant and egotistical , sorry an Egotesticle
and when I say most people I mean most people In Scotland, because he has tried so many times to import his style of business and his sense of worldliness to Scotland with great backlash from locals near his golf courses.
Dinnae get me wrang! most people dont dislike trump for his presidential changes, they just dislike him because he is rude, obnoxious, and sexist and not a very nice human being.

Trump as a man sorry as a human being is a dolt , he maybe a shrewd business man hence his fortune and his current position of power , but he fails as a decent human being despite him claiming to have the peoples best interests at heart.
Trump only ran for president because A: it was already on his bucket list to become CEO of the USA , and B: he didnt want a woman to become president, and C: possibly because he didnt want his businesses to suffer under another stock market crash , but I say that loosely because he probably hedges his bets, and knows where to put his money for safe keeping.

As for Frankie Boyle , well he has a never ending supply of pedo jokes and works for the BBC , nuff said
edit on 19-9-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Do brits really give a damn what Americans think of their prime minister?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

ye have to remember its standard Scottish behaviour to exaggerate numbers , so if say there were 3 people at frankies first gig
then according to him there would be "pure hunners man" translation ( there were hundreds of people) - reality there were 3.

Or at his latest show , nae way mate , total millions ae #s there , it was pure heavin
translation , there were a million people in attendance and it was rather full , reality , there were 1000 people in the packed auditorium

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Couldnae give a monkeys!

I actually appreciate criticism from foreign nationals of our government , because the more pressure we all put on governments the better.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Yes, I do have my triggers. I like to speak for myself. I'm just another loudmouth. I self harm to counteract my utter disgust even with my own politics, lol.

Only joking!

I'm just a bit sore. I mean I am a hippy dude, yet here I am identifying with Republicans and feeling totally alienated by Liberalism. It's a place I didn't think even existed.

As it stands I can't roll with Liberalism because it will hurt me; it is going against my best interests.

Trump is doing well. He is no fool. It is all working as it should. This little snowflake will settle on Trump's hat as he waltzes down Wall Street this coming winter time.

I understand why some of the locals might not like Trump in Scotland for his golf courses, but he has put you on the map internationally. All that business he brings you. I would not go alienating business in our competitive times. Scotland really needs that business.

Let the business man do his thing. See if he can't bring America and its allies some more influence and wealth. I think he has landed it lucky because Britain is up for grabs. I think, financially, we'll be very glad if Trump "grabs" our collective "pussy" and treats us like Melania with lots of treats, hehe!

edit on 19-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join