It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we live in a simulation: who or what is our Creator?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Perhaps ancestry simulations could be sold like video games. So say a person loved and adored their grandmother, but they knew that she had a miserable life, and suffered very much. So the person buys an ancestry simulation, where all of the people are random NPC's, but their own ancestor's lives are modified, to be wonderful and peaceful.

The problem wth time 'modification' is like everything else, it would eventually be hacked by evil dictators, who would try and favor their present, going back to change things around.

Hackers would hack time programs, authorities would hack the hackers. The movie Jumper comes to mind. You notice how in that movie, nobody ever sees the jumper appear or disappear?

By now all that hacking and illegal time moderation would create such chaos that nothing would appear stable. Reality would be jumping and shifting around chaotically.

Thats why over there, modifying the past isn't allowed, anymore than we are allowed to slow down or speed up time here.

You can only occupy one time space continuum at a time, at the speed of time, right here, right now.

Beside which, matter appearing suddenly in time space, different matter simultaneously occupying the same space would result in a very large explosion.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Definitely dbcowboy.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
A game this bad could only have one creator...

I haven't LOL that hard in a good minute thank you for that!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I read somewhere that time is compartmentalized, which negates the Grandfather Paradox, so only a certain segment of time would be screwed up and could easily be corrected without affecting the entire timeline.

ETA, it also explains deja vu.
edit on 9/16/2017 by Spruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce

I read somewhere that time is compartmentalized, which negates the Grandfather Paradox, so only a certain segment of time would be screwed up and could easily be corrected without affecting the entire timeline.

If you go back and kill your parents then that has an outcome, in the now. If time is 'compartmentalized', it becomes meaningless going back to 'change things' .

I am afraid that time is right now, both here, and on the furthest Galaxy we can see with Hubble. We may be seeing it from billions of light years ago, but there its right now, too.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Spruce

If you go back and kill your parents then that has an outcome, in the now. If time is 'compartmentalized', it becomes meaningless going back to 'change things' .

I am afraid that time is right now, both here, and on the furthest Galaxy we can see with Hubble. We may be seeing it from billions of light years ago, but there its right now, too.

Prove it.

Reality isn't what you think it is.

Einstein:

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Prove it.

Prove what? You need to disprove my statement that time cant be altered by demonstrating that, to me.

Slow time down or speed it up, any, at all. You are confined here to move at the speed of time. it is a constant.

(in this dimension)

Einstein statement is a different subject, mostly to do with the emptiness of space and the illusion of solid matter.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't have an answer to who created the simulation, but I bet they live in their mom's basement.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Perhaps ancestry simulations could be sold like video games. So say a person loved and adored their grandmother, but they knew that she had a miserable life, and suffered very much. So the person buys an ancestry simulation, where all of the people are random NPC's, but their own ancestor's lives are modified, to be wonderful and peaceful.

The problem wth time 'modification' is like everything else, it would eventually be hacked by evil dictators, who would try and favor their present, going back to change things around.

Hackers would hack time programs, authorities would hack the hackers. The movie Jumper comes to mind. You notice how in that movie, nobody ever sees the jumper appear or disappear?

By now all that hacking and illegal time moderation would create such chaos that nothing would appear stable. Reality would be jumping and shifting around chaotically.

Thats why over there, modifying the past isn't allowed, anymore than we are allowed to slow down or speed up time here.

You can only occupy one time space continuum at a time, at the speed of time, right here, right now.

Beside which, matter appearing suddenly in time space, different matter simultaneously occupying the same space would result in a very large explosion.

This is a good point, if there were only one simulation.
Could there not be multiple simulations? Some run on private machines, without hackers?
Would any hacker be interested, in hacking into some random guys computer, and mess with his Sims game?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Well, here's my take. Feel free to point and laugh.

I believe existence just came into existence spontaneously. Just as we awake naturally in the morning with no previous impetus, nor memory...

Existence simply...woke up!

And then the memories and reasons started to flood in.

Now that existence is happening, it's going to start to do its thing--infinite diversity in infinite combinations*.

Until there becomes an awareness. Now that which is aware must become aware of the infinite diversity in its infinite combinations.

Once that which is aware has reached its limits, it will go back to sleep and begin anew. The cycle is unending.

It is the inhalation and exhalation of the all.

(*Yes I know the phrase is from star trek but it describes the concept brilliantly.)

edit on 16-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Nothing to laugh at. Sneeze-at: maybe... Ha-ha! Just kidding.

Can see the parallel to the concept of a universe starting with a big bang, expanding, and then contracting back into a single point, and then starting again.
Everything in cycles.

So how far along in that cycle do you figure we are?
Could this happen with individual souls, or species?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Simulations. God. Flying Pastafarian.

It's _________ all the way down so it doesn't matter what's behind it all.

Where we are is doing the human thing on earth. We experience this niche and report back to the simulator, god, spaghetti freak etc.

Once the simulator gets bored, it moves on to the crab people, the purple people eaters, the 2-dimensionals, the whatever.

All experience is happening simultaneously.

I don't know I had this idea a long time ago. But it makes sense to me and it ties in with my ATS handle.

The dream will end just as something REALLY important is about to happen

I have entered Samadhi twice in my life and it was like seeing beyond the curtain. And what's there behind the curtain is a love, excitement, and anticipation more powerful than any human is capable of evoking.

edit on 16-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I gave you a star and flag

I contemplate and research things like this daily.

In my mind and my opinion, someone or something beyond words must be infinite.

As I have said many times before, we have so much to learn. I don't rule out much at this point.

What a ride we are on!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Simulations. God. Flying Pastafarian.

It's _________ all the way down so it doesn't matter what's behind it all.

Where we are is doing the human thing on earth. We experience this niche and report back to the simulator, god, spaghetti freak etc.

Once the simulator gets bored, it moves on to the crab people, the purple people eaters, the 2-dimensionals, the whatever.

All experience is happening simultaneously.

I don't know I had this idea a long time ago. But it makes sense to me and it ties in with my ATS handle.

The dream will end just as something REALLY important is about to happen

I have entered Samadhi twice in my life and it was like seeing beyond the curtain. And what's there behind the curtain is a love, excitement, and anticipation more powerful than any human is capable of evoking.

So just the infinite "now", that contains the past, the future, and all of the possibilities, and impossibilities?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

I gave you a star and flag

I contemplate and research things like this daily.

In my mind and my opinion, someone or something beyond words must be infinite.

As I have said many times before, we have so much to learn. I don't rule out much at this point.

What a ride we are on!

Thanks IMT.
Indeed it is mind-expanding to contemplate these ideas.
Possibly helps with creativity, and problem-solving as well.
May our ancestors approve!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Would any hacker be interested, in hacking into some random guys computer, and mess with his Sims game?

Thats not what would occur though. The hacker would steal the program to hack time and mess with it, just because he could.

Eventually like everything else, criminals would find a way, we would have noticed this. But it hasn't happened. Ergo, in the future nobody learns how to hack time. Follow?

The 'rules' don't allow it. Just like the rules here and now don't allow anyone to alter time, either.

edit on 17-9-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

What exactly is the speed of time? Isn't it subjective ?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncompatible

What exactly is the speed of time? Isn't it subjective ?

Put another way, the passage of time. Progressive, one way, unalterable.

Your mileage may vary.

Your perception is subjective.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

There can be only one thing worse that realising your stuck in a simulation , that's realising you are an NPC in someone else's simulation.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

Tacos... they taste so good they must be the creator....

Burn heretic!
Burrittos are the creator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join