It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we live in a simulation: who or what is our Creator?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It has been said for a long time, that we are the creators of our Gods.

If we do live in a type of simulation: perhaps we have also created the creator?

This could be conceivable, in a few different ways. Here is one possibility:
Perhaps our reality is created by Humans, far in the future. Without exception, they will be the descendant children of somebody alive today. Therefore: we have created them.

Perhaps ancestry simulations could be sold like video games. So say a person loved and adored their grandmother, but they knew that she had a miserable life, and suffered very much. So the person buys an ancestry simulation, where all of the people are random NPC's, but their own ancestor's lives are modified, to be wonderful and peaceful.

Ever meet someone who lives a seemingly charmed life? They become very self-confident, because everything they do works-out great!
So maybe we're stuck in their simulation, and if we are miserable: our descendants hate us, or can't afford to buy an ancestry simulation.

Anyways: just fun stuff to contemplate.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Wow, nice thread.

This still begs the question of who made (created) our creator's creator.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A game this bad could only have one creator...

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

If we ever were to stumble across the correct answer to those questions, here's what happens....

Blinding flash of light.
Big puff of smoke.
Total darkness.

As the smoke starts to clear and your eyes adjust to the gloom, you'll see a light approaching.
Its pink neon, and as it comes closer you start to make out words.....and it gets closer and closer and stops just as it fills your entire field of vision.
And the sign says.....

Level Two.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Wow, nice thread.

This still begs the question of who made (created) our creator's creator.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Thanks.
Indeed: who created the creator, has yet to be solved.
Turtles all the way down?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Tacos... they taste so good they must be the creator....

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The Great Programmer coded the universe in the time before analog.
and it was good.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
A game this bad could only have one creator...

Hmmm. Do you think we should rewrite our wills, and leave more to our children?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Welcome to level two.
Hello teacher. Tell me: what's my lesson? (Lyrics in Mad World).

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

Tacos... they taste so good they must be the creator....

Perhaps, in the wisdom of the Creator: they gave us tacos.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
The Great Programmer coded the universe in the time before analog.
and it was good.

Did you just create The Great Programmer?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I find a great connect from the subject of your title to what you discuss. I'll not venture to the body of thread but siimply give you the most reasonable answer to your title: If we live in a simulation, who or what is our Ceator?

The obvious answer to that question is our Programmer is the who or what.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The Great Programmer In The Sky!

There's another theory that if the answer is ever actually, entirely understood, the whole universe will collapse in on itself until its a single tiny dot.
Following that there is a Big Bang and the whole process starts all over again.

Keep a towel close and never be cruel to a Gin and tonic.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

If so: then we shall never know.

Has The Great Programmer In The Sky mad a gin and tonic constellation?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Once you find out who creator is you ask....who created creator? Who created creators creator and so on.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

If we do live in a type of simulation: perhaps we have also created the creator?

Perhaps our reality is created by Humans, far in the future. Without exception, they will be the descendant children of somebody alive today. Therefore: we have created them.

Perhaps ancestry simulations could be sold like video games. So say a person loved and adored their grandmother, but they knew that she had a miserable life, and suffered very much. So the person buys an ancestry simulation, where all of the people are random NPC's, but their own ancestor's lives are modified, to be wonderful and peaceful.

Ever meet someone who lives a seemingly charmed life? They become very self-confident, because everything they do works-out great!
So maybe we're stuck in their simulation, and if we are miserable: our descendants hate us, or can't afford to buy an ancestry simulation.

My descendants definitely hate my guts.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

take an ice pick and drive it into your hand. If this life is a simulation you wont feel a thing. If it is real you will feel a lot of pain and will need to go to a doctor when you are done pulling the pick out of your hand.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

take an ice pick and drive it into your hand. If this life is a simulation you wont feel a thing. If it is real you will feel a lot of pain and will need to go to a doctor when you are done pulling the pick out of your hand.

If those are the rules of your simulation: why do you think those are the only possible rules, for any type of simulation?

Sorry to disappoint you: but not all of us have an ice-pick laying around these days.

Hey!! Maybe my descendants knew someone would suggest this to me, and so removed all ice-picks from my surroundings!!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce

originally posted by: Nothin

My descendants definitely hate my guts.

Maybe they're trying to get you to leave them some goodies, then your experience could change?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join