It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crackdown on low pants

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ok, difference between a dress that comes down to a little above the knees and your jeans hanging around your ankles is that the dress doesn't show anything that will get you arressted. But if you go out with your ass hanging out for all to see can get indecent exposure charges on you.

Now, being a man who went to school and studied thongology, I believe I may be able to help some cases, but SPears is a lost cost unless she is ready to do some extensive therapy and excercise, mmmm, her on a treadmill? Bouncy!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've always wanted to ask one of those kids with the baggy jeans if they are sagging that low cause he couldn't make it to the bathroom in time.

Ever hear Dennis Leary's rant on kids not pulling up their pants? Hillarious!!!!

As for Britney Spears jumping up and down....your giving me nightmares!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
the simple fix is to only allow hot broads to wear their pants low. furthermore only if they are showing underwear. i don't want to see some giant punk rock girl with her granny undies hanging out....males would be prohibited also however they would just be told to fix it, not fined. the large fugly chicks would get fines started at $1,000 to teach them not to repulse the public.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yes it’s ridicules looking, but it is a fad and will go the way of platform boots, Mohawk haircuts and other silly paraphernalia. But to make a law about it is just nonsense.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I have heard net rumors of an organized movement of folks who are going to start wearing their underwear on the outside of their pants to protest this

Superman must be the founder member

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Who stole Brittney's Gameboy?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sorry sensfan, lol. Love Dennis Leary, have his cds, his shows recorded when on comedy central on their late night unedited thing, and the movies he was in.(Demolition Man, Ice Age, stuff like that) "And do you know why his tounge is hanging out? Because he has a steel stud shot through the middle of it! When you were a kid you wouldn't have something like that, just one more thing for your dad to grab onto when he's angry. Why not have a steel pole sticking out of your ass so your pants are even lower so we can see your spongebob square pants underwear."(thats new version, have old version to, and a dif. version where he goes on about scooby doo boxers)

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
sensfan, very funny pic "Just say no to crack" with four guys on barstools.

Dress code?
At some point do women have to wear burkas?

If your genitals are covered, The rest is up to you and your taste.

I think its called freedom. Used to be what America was about.

dh

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Skinny hips, baggy pants, showy underpants
Its easily done
The youth are a special target for curfews, demonisation, control, whatever
Another one licked up

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There is a dif. between burkas and your ass hanging out of your jeans. Fine, I put a bag over my genitals, am I allowed to walk down the road? My genitals are covered so I should be allowed to go to work, McDonalds, wherever with my ass hanging out for all to see. No, nobody needs/wants to see that. I don't want to see a 13 year old boys ass, I am not a priest or part of NAMBLA. I do not want 15 year old girls running around with their jeans around there ankles and then cry sexual harrassment when someone says nice ass. If they are.... well, still, decency laws, ever heard of it? Reason you can' walk down main street buck naked. And if you say well, some girls are hot, so we should allow it. Well guess what? the other 99.9999% aren't(not really that much, making a point here) aren't, so if you say well, only ones I think are hot can walk around naked, then that is sexist and illegal.

Also, yes I am a man, so wouldn't mind seeing more female flesh, but still, that would be in privacy of own home, or motel, not while walking down the street or at Krogers.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I don't think cracks are parts of boides anyone should have to be seeing on the street.

I'm alos a little confused: someone please tell me why young women are willing to dress as sex objects? Did feminism and self-respect skip a generation?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I livein an urban area and the pants falling off thing is played out. I don't really see it anymore. I've always worn baggy pants, but I invest in belts.

Now I am sick of having to see womens thongs jacked up above their lowrider pants whenever I go anywhere like those pics above. Especially young girls, I'm talking maybe 14-18...nasty. What's sick is you see older guys leering at them. I like sexy underwear on my girlfriend, but thats what it is, UNDERWEAR. They don't call it overwear and she has to much self respect to wear them like that. The have underwear made for lowrider pants.

I don't think anything like that should be banned, it would start a dangerous precedent, but I will be happy when the fad is done with. It's not sexy it's trashy and I don't want to look at it any more than I do some guy saggin who has to keep one hand on his waistband to keep his pants from falling down.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Heck, let them wear what they want. This fad will go away just like all the others.

I know how upset I would have been if they had outlawed miniskirts!

I can remember wearing some pretty stupid things myself in the 70's. Lime green anyone?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hey I wore lime green stuff in the early 90's lol. Flourescent was popular then too. Scary thing is, I've been seeing it around again.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Can you say flash-back?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
This is the most ridiculous right wing legislation I have heard of since Mcarthyism...

"If you want to show your underwear in your private home, I don't have any objections," said Del. Algie T. Howell Jr., a Norfolk Democrat who
has filed legislation that would levy a $50 fine on anyone who "exposes
his below-waist undergarments in an offensive manner."

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Look like the droopy pants were dropped on Virginia's senate floor.I imagine somewhere there are some back-lashing belt manufacturers & "relieved" supporters of denim diaper-ware.

RICHMOND, Virginia (AP) -- Virginia lawmakers dropped their droopy-pants bill Thursday after the whole thing became just too embarrassing.

The bill, which would have slapped a $50 fine on people who wear their pants so low that their underwear is visible in "a lewd or indecent manner," passed the state House on Tuesday but was killed by a Senate committee in a unanimous vote.

www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Vajrayana]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I really just find it disturbing that these issues are coming up when such trends are so passe! I mean come on, the droopy drawers look is from what, 1991? and the superlows? Can I get a 2002?

Okay but really, people have the right to look like idiots all they want. Even if its repulsive, distracting or objectifying.... And I appreciate it, because I feel just that more stylish in the presense of those who choose to wear ill-fitting garments,

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Agreed. I really don't care what people wear...and if guys wanna wear their pants drooping down to their ankles, and women want to show butt and pubes, then it gives me something to laugh at.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hell there's always plenty to laugh at. My girlfriend and I will sit for a while on one of the benches at the mall and people watch. Lot's of giggle fodder walking around.

At 29 I think I'll stick to my plain old (belted) baggy jeans, polo shirts and my 90's music like Smashing Pumpkins and Alice in Chains. And hey you kids, get off my lawn! Wait I don't have a lawn, nevermind!

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Veltro]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join