It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crackdown on low pants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

OT: Crackdown on low pants
"If you want to show your underwear in your private home, I don't have
any objections," said Del. Algie T. Howell Jr., a Norfolk Democrat who
has filed legislation that would levy a $50 fine on anyone who "exposes
his below-waist undergarments in an offensive manner."

www.talkaboutsupport.com...

So now its there buziness how you wear your pants.... whats next? hair, t-shirt is outlawd, you cant wear red????

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I have heard net rumors of an organized movement of folks who are going to start wearing their underwear on the outside of their pants to protest this, but i think the guy was talking more than doing. We need to kick this in the cajones and let Uncle Sam know we aren't asleep here. This is the most ridiculous right wing legislation I have heard of since Mcarthyism. When the government starts passing laws to tell people they have to wear their pants a certain way, it's gone too far. Hell people were ebing arrested for wearing the wrong teeshirts at bush rallies. How much further are they going to push us? Jesus, what's next, arm bands and serial numbers?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Oh no! I won't be able to see white kids who want to be black with their pants around their ankle anymore. You do know the wearing of pants low started in prison to advertise you wanted to take it in the bum.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
You do know the wearing of pants low started in prison to advertise you wanted to take it in the bum.

LOL, this is funny... I wonder if Snoop Dog know's this....

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Thanks James, that's pretty interesting.

It resembles the "bellybutton" legislation applied in some parts of italy.
The nanny-absolutist state is striking back...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
A friend of mine whom is employed by the Va. Dept. of Corrections says this behavior is indicative of a jail-house punk. For those who have led a very sheltered life, this is a sign saying " here I am come take me please" Every time I see this one the street, I have to laugh because they have no clue as to what their clothing is saying not to mention the fact that they are a walking billboard. Police arrested a young punk..Im sorry I meant kid a few weeks back. The arresting officer said he responded to a call about a kid who ran after being caught for shoplifting. The owner of the store said the kid could not run fast enoungh because of his pants being down around his knees. He also stated that if the kid had been wearing a belt, he might have gotten away.!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
As a parent who often worried about kids tripping over their pantlegs and breaking thier necks, I kind of like this law. As a women who is sitting here wondering if my knees (or ankles)will be next, I am kind of concerned.....
What if they deem that my jeans are too indecent!

Ever wonder about the sanity of these kids, I mean, I wear jeans instead of dresses because of the increase in mobility.....(ever go up a ladder in a dress).....but they choose to lose their mobility to look stupid.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
While I absolutely hate this ridiculous fad of wearing their pants hanging to their knees......I think it's also ridiculous to try and ban it....what about freedom to express oneself!? It hurts no one, except my eyes.....if they actually pull this off....where will it stop? What about that "Goth" look, what about facial jewelry that goes over board, personal rights to wear what you want to? This is not right!

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It is good that they are doing this because this just keeps getting further out of control because now they are not just low but very low. It was dorky at first but now they have them below there genitals so the can have things hanging over their pants it is disgusting.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
What about low rider pants that young women are wearing these days? Yes, some show a thong that would fall under this proposed law, but many these days don't wear undergarmets. They have ass crack and pubes hanging out

Just say no to crack

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
sensfan, that shameless selfpromotion is not acceptable here!

Anyway, I think another blue ribbon comittee is going to have to gather the evidence nad research the full ramifications of the issue you bring up.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
sensfan, that shameless selfpromotion is not acceptable here!

Anyway, I think another blue ribbon comittee is going to have to gather the evidence nad research the full ramifications of the issue you bring up.

I agree and I think I'll head the comittee. Please send all evidence to me

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Might need some live testimony from dancers, er witnesses and experts in the fields of thongology and thongogistics. But, uhm, no Usher.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Thongology and Thongogistics

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Maybe you guys can start by interviewing Britney spears...

And I apologize for the trauma this next picture will cause you all...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It is true that people started to "sag" there pants in prison but it was not for the reason of invitation to ones bong hole. Prisoners would sag there pants because they could not wear belts for many reasons and when they got out of prison they were accustomed to wearing there clothing like that. After a while the style started to spread through out the urban community and when Hip Hop became mainstream the trend started to catch on in white suburbia.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The Plumbers United Union is going to be ohhhh sooooo pissed if this gets passed! Bet.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
maybe they lost a little weight also in prison and their pants started to sag....

Anyway, A real G don't get caught with his pants down, snoop dogg is a poodle at best.

just my 52 cents...

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Excellent title sebastian.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's about time there was a proper dress code.
I wonder if the Department of Hom(i)eland Security will get funding for a dedicated trouser inspectorate?

I mean, all those youths with trousers hanging halfway down their arse, two yards of material gathered between the knee and ankle and bottoms with a bigger diameter than the average gentlemans waist size. It's not right and it's not clever

Or perhaps I'm just turning into a crusty old fart

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join