It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United Nations want more power

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Nickn3

The US does pay a full 22% of the UN budget, I would say that gives them a little clout.

The Nazis had "clout" too. Thats why the uN was formed, to prevent what happened to europe during WWII from ever happening again.

Here we are.

Every county could pay an equal amount and then nothing's going to happen. China is supposed to be the number one economy yet they pay 8%. I thank the US earn ther clout. We help every country with diseases or in natural disasters world wide and it like helping rude children, they forget to thank us. I for one am tired of it. We here in the US aren't perfect but we do our best. Perhaps we should close our borders and go into isolation and let the rest of the world go to wherever.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Emma3

What power? all they do is dust off their comfy chairs and sit and moan about how bad the world is.

UNICEF, Red Cross, Doctors without borders-they do the heavy lifting and when push comes to shove about NK the UN write an angry letter and fluff their pillows.

I'm not a Trump fan but I back him on this, the time for talk is over and if the dopey UN council wants to sit on their hands even though Lil Kim now has the capabilities to strike SK and Japan. I want peace but the time has come where surgical strikes are on the cards and if Trump made the call, I would not blame him.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

When I use the word "generally," I mean it.

Sure, we can cherry pick things here and there that negate my point, but then that would be a lesson in logical fallaciousness, now wouldn't it?

Sorry, I'm just at the end of my rope concerning strawmen and other logical fallacies that have been slung my way this week--I'm starting to think that comments cannot just be taken at face value anymore.

Also, what happened to your coding? I know that you're better than this

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I thank the US earn ther clout. We help every country with diseases or in natural disasters world wide and it like helping rude children, they forget to thank us. I for one am tired of it.

We help Nations? Have you been paying attention?

We bomb nations to dust, drive millions of refugees out of their destroyed cities as we lay waste to whats left.

How is that helping? Your tired of them not thanking you for that?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Also, what happened to your coding? I know that you're better than this

Sorry, I was tired too.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The U.N. is nothing more than a bunch of greedy free loading criminals that want to run the world. They have proven time and again they can't lead anything other than down the sewer.a reply to: Emma3

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
UN will get more power is when they actually do shhs and end all conflict in Africa or ME and recruit civilians from all countries. At least their not the League of Nations. We all know where that went. At this rate when US doesn't abide UN/International laws, since invasion of Iraq. UN can keep dreaming. This isn't Halo ya know.
edit on 15-9-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Emma3

Sounds good. More reason for the USA to distance itself from that worthless entity.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

We do BOTH ..."hearts and minds" operations...
Chaos knows no direction.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We do BOTH ..."hearts and minds" operations...
Chaos knows no direction.

Thats almost my favorite footage, combat soldiers handing out candy. As far as aid, democracy and bombs aren't aid.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There's "white privilege" and now there's "US privilege". You can see it from miles years away. Don't mistake me, white privilege is real and for fairness it has to be countered. And broadly, for fairness to take hold globally, something similar has to happen there, maybe via hte UN.

Want another example? How about our electoral system, lending more influence to smaller states, to counter the power privilege of larger ones? Who likes to be bullied by something more powerful?

There's even greater reason for creating the term "US privilege" when you examine history. There's much reason to believe US power is unearned. First, the mistreatment and slaughter of native americans. Second, slavery. Third, manipulation of coutnries across the world; US imperialism. Before, during and after the cold war, the US and Soviets--aka Russia--were busy trying to spread their influence, often via nefarious or clandestine means.

If you ask the Russians, it's even more apparent to them. Of course, they have their own agenda and would be all too ready to slam a heavy list of sanctions on the US for its privilege. This underscores how important it's to have independent inquiry into the matter of privilege.

Canada has a history of trouble with land claims being unceded:
www.smithsonianmag.com - One of Canada’s Biggest Cities Just Officially Admitted That It Was Built on Unceded Aboriginal Territory...

The announcement does, however, come amidst a tense period in British Columbia. “[M]uch of British Columbia's coastland is territory never officially ceded by First Nations,” says Matthew Coutts for Yahoo Canada News.

www.theguardian.com - The indigenous land rights ruling that could transform Canada ...

Just another possible example of nation privilege and growing response.
edit on 9/16/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

We actually DIE saving kids too, THEY HATE that.
It's called"DAMAGING government property without effective authorization"(Scouts break rules ALL the time and so do MANY brothers,SOMETIMES we pull it off and get yelled at, but at least they TRIED)..liberals and eastern people LOVE it as well ,MORE dead US soldiers.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

We await ANY response,friend or foe ,THINK TANKS don't care, its all numbers them.
Then we need to IRON out that term..."Last Use"
WE earned it JUST FINE ,we also TARNISHED it beyond reckoning ...but I ain't gonna pay any bills for ANY prior sins ON CONUS and the rest of the planet has figured that little secret out JUST fine ,as well.
edit on 17-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We actually DIE saving kids too, THEY HATE that.
It's called"DAMAGING government property without effective authorization"(Scouts break rules ALL the time and so do MANY brothers,SOMETIMES we pull it off and get yelled at, but at least they TRIED)..liberals and eastern people LOVE it as well ,MORE dead US soldiers.

I get that you want to find a sliver lining to occupation of foreign lands. You were there. Kids don't know why foreign armies invade their country.

I support US troops, I want them safe, bring them home.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I get you have NO idea who I am and default to some snowflake mindset insult,but the UNITED STATES hasn't OCCUPIED beyond a given conflict without a SOFA agreement.
We can't afford it and the troops won't do it very well.

I guess UCMJ is above your head.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I guess UCMJ is above your head.

Add ROE. Funny that, war is about breaking all the rules of International law. Soliders are obeying orders of their commander but carrying out the wishes of International Cartels that want to dominate the world. We're about to do it again in Korea.

Those are really think rose colored glasses you got on there.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

No they are brown so it's all CLEAR actually.
Apparently it's a reach OF logic to you as a hippie, activist,to think SOLDIERS haven't got the rights unless an order is illegal.
ROEs are broken to SURVIVE, when the asshats YOU civilians elect, try to play GENERAL with an Islamic terrorist, infiltrating ,bitch.
The MILITARY votes OFTEN get lost anyway...
edit on 18-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Apparently it's a reach OF logic to you as a hippie, activist,to think SOLDIERS haven't got the rights unless an order is illegal.

Name calling, broke the ROE...

Yah right, disobey orders in combat.

By that time its too late. Now tell me you were fighting for democracy , liberty and freedom, when you and I both know you were fighting to protect your buddies.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

No I was fighting because THAT is what I do and what I WANTED and better there than here.
CIVILIANS decide wars NOT us ,we are the SIN EATERS for you ungrateful scum,WE are the ones left holding the DEATH bag,receiving and taking.
Only to hear CIVILIANS bitch about HOW HORRIBLE we as combatants are...pathetic really.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It's disturbing that Trump is actually pushing for the UN to have more power. Giving wealthy elitists more and more power over our lives isn't something I'm looking forward to, especially with how anti-American the UN generally is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join