It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA lies about space exploration - uses CGI, Green Screen, Zero Gravity Planes and Stage Props

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I got that.

I thought I'd throw in the other just in case a third party might be curious enough to check it out.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: usos90

As has been explained (was wondering when you'd get to the stars thing): exposure time.

I, along with quite a few other members, spend time actually doing astrophotography. We actually post our shots here on ATS too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

46 pages of our stuff. We're what you'd call "experts" when it comes to using cameras and taking shots of the stars (and other celestial objects).

Exposure times for the cameras used on the Moon were set to what the novice camera user would call "Daytime" shots: IE very short exposure times.

If you stepped outside at night to take a picture of the stars with an exposure time of 1/60 of a second....you're going to see a black picture.....
If on the other hand you mount your camera on a tripod and expose the frame for 10 to 15 seconds, you'll see stars! Because their light is actually very faint, it takes a while for the CCD chip (in modern day cameras) or film to register that light.

Hence: why you do not see stars in the Moon photos. If they had taken shots exposed for that long, they would be nothing but white pictures due to the sun's light reflecting off the surface.

Flag Waving In The Wind:

I've not seen this in any of the films of the Moon landings.

What I have seen is a flag that is extended by a rod bouncing around in a vacuum.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I think I broke the toy.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Mmm.....well, they might be back with the whole Van Allen Belt thing.

Advanced Moon Hoaxers also move on to: German Measles, Human Poo, and......NIXON!!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

......NIXON!!

I still don't understand what that had to do with the moon landing being hoaxed. It got to where I'd read a post, get to Nixon and my eyes glazed over.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: eriktheawful

I think I broke the toy.

BEEP-DOES-NOT-COMPUTE-BEEP

It seems so. Funny how logic can shut people (or AI) down.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: usos90

I'll try researching it but I still don't believe in the initial moon landing or the other footage.

You guys are not using common sense.

Do you REALLY want to go to space?

I didn't think so.

For starters, you really need to stop speaking for people who are not you and don't share your particular beliefs about the space program and NASA. That vid you posted? It's no more proof of what you're claiming than any number of videos posted claiming to have footage of Big Foot, or of people shapeshifting into reptilians.

You don't want to go to space because reasons. Well, I do.

You speak of risk and danger and suicide missions like any of those three have *ever* dissuaded people from doing dangerous things. Every mission behind enemy lines in war is potentially a suicide mission and yet, people join the military and go into combat. Skydiving. Mountain climbing without safety gear. Should I go on?

The government is full of secrets and lies, but something as huge as the space program being faked would have been outed already by any number of whistle blowers that have made big news. Small agencies and operations can be lidded for a long time like the activities at Groom Lake, Area 52 and so on. Those people are literally kept there under guard during their tenure.

Something like space exploration? The sheer number of technicians, scientists, researchers, mechanics, civilians, etc, involved would be nightmarish to keep quiet.

Hate to say it, but the poor quality of the video makes anything said therein somewhat suspect to me. If you want people to believe you, then you put in the effort to make it look and sound good.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Van Allen radiation belts.

Nothing further need be said.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Quite a bit more needs to be said. Because they're not the absolute block on space travel people claim they are. Even Dr Van Allen said they weren't.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Quite a bit more needs to be said. Because they're not the absolute block on space travel people claim they are. Even Dr Van Allen said they weren't.

They are for humans.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

No, they aren't. If you've ever bothered to study them, you'll see a few things about them. One being that they're not uniform around the entire planet. If you get up near the polar regions they're actually quite thin, and a fast transit can be safely made.

Humans can even get through the thicker parts, but the ships would need radiation shielding added, which they've done on the Orion. They didn't on Apollo because they went through the thinner portion of the belts.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

No, they aren't. If you've ever bothered to study them, you'll see a few things about them. One being that they're not uniform around the entire planet. If you get up near the polar regions they're actually quite thin, and a fast transit can be safely made.

Humans can even get through the thicker parts, but the ships would need radiation shielding added, which they've done on the Orion. They didn't on Apollo because they went through the thinner portion of the belts.

So you're saying they launched from one of the poles?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

:facepalm:

Yes, apparently a LOT needs to be said if your knowledge in this area makes you think that people can not pass through the belts.

They most certainly can as long as they have the right shielding and low amount of time in the belts.

There are a lot of threads here on ATS that show quite clearly the amount of dosing one would get passing through various parts of the belts (radiation is not uniform in the belts), and the amount of times spent in the belts.

Boils down to this: Spend many days, weeks, or months in the belt? You're toast.

Spend only a few hours passing through the belts? Your fine. You do not get dosed enough to inflict harm or death.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

No. They launched from Florida. You don't have to launch from near the poles to get a craft up near them. They transited through the Van Allen Belt near the poles.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce

So you're saying they launched from one of the poles?

I'm sorry, but this sums up pretty much every "NASA faked it" thread.

It's also hilarious!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: usos90

This may, in fact, be the biggest load of crap that has existed on the earth since the dinos roamed the earth.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

:facepalm:

Yes, apparently a LOT needs to be said if your knowledge in this area makes you think that people can not pass through the belts.

They most certainly can as long as they have the right shielding and low amount of time in the belts.

There are a lot of threads here on ATS that show quite clearly the amount of dosing one would get passing through various parts of the belts (radiation is not uniform in the belts), and the amount of times spent in the belts.

Boils down to this: Spend many days, weeks, or months in the belt? You're toast.

Spend only a few hours passing through the belts? Your fine. You do not get dosed enough to inflict harm or death.

Bear with me...

What did Apollo use for shielding?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The hull, the insulation, and the equipment inside all acted as shielding.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The hull, the insulation, and the equipment inside all acted as shielding.

Wait for the "but it needed to be meters thick lead to protect you".

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I almost put something about that in that reply but figured I'd wait to see where this is going.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join