It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA lies about space exploration - uses CGI, Green Screen, Zero Gravity Planes and Stage Props

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: usos90

The process is the same. They generate oxygen on the ISS. The reason people on subs have problems is because they can't see the sky. They're locked in a tube with no windows and no light. That takes a mental toll on the crew. The ISS, and people in space don't have that problem. In earth orbit they can simply look out the window at the planet, and they have sunlight coming in.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Nope, sorry. Your opinion.

Dead horse here on ATS, as with all your other "ZOMG! NASA FAKE STUFF!!".

Years and years and YEARS of people trying to prove it's all fake....and yet they fail each and every time. Dead Horse and Bat.

Zero proof that we didn't go. Overwhelming proof that we did.

And no: they do not have to surface the subs as long as all systems are working. I know. Ex-Navy myself.

Keep trying to prove it though. No one has succeeded yet. Everything from Space itself being fake, to the ISS is fake, to just about anything.

What really cracks me up is the amount of you people that think NASA is the only space org out there...and yet somehow each country cooperates to fake things.....like the Moon landings.....and the height of the Cold War.

Riiiiiiiiight. Keep on believing that.

edit on 9/16/2017 by eriktheawful because: because your and you're are not quite the same thing

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They still resurface for air.
No, they don't.

I see you've put a lot of research into nuclear subs, too.

This is basically how nuclear powered subs work:

...a sealed container that contains people and a limited supply of air. There are three things that must happen in order to keep air in a submarine breathable:

Oxygen has to be replenished as it is consumed. If the percentage of oxygen in the air falls too low, a person suffocates.

Carbon dioxide must be removed from the air. As the concentration of carbon dioxide rises, it becomes a toxin.
The moisture that we exhale in our breath must be removed.

Oxygen is supplied either from pressurized tanks, an oxygen generator (which can form oxygen from the electrolysis of water or by some other means) or some sort of "oxygen canister" (You may remember these canisters because of their problems on the MIR space station -- they release oxygen by a very hot chemical reaction).

Oxygen is either released continuously by a computerized system that senses the percentage of oxygen in the air, or it is released in batches periodically through the day.

Carbon dioxide can be removed from the air chemically using soda lime (sodium hydroxide and calcium hydroxide). The carbon dioxide is trapped in the soda lime by a chemical reaction and removed from the air. Other similar reactions can accomplish the same goal.

The moisture can be removed by a dehumidifier or chemically. This prevents it from condensing on the walls and equipment inside the ship.

science.howstuffworks.com...

Yeah this is the google generation. We can figure out anything now.

You can't be underwater for indefinite periods of time.

You can't beat mother nature.
edit on 16-9-2017 by usos90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The process is the same. They generate oxygen on the ISS. The reason people on subs have problems is because they can't see the sky. They're locked in a tube with no windows and no light. That takes a mental toll on the crew. The ISS, and people in space don't have that problem. In earth orbit they can simply look out the window at the planet, and they have sunlight coming in.

So you're saying the ISS members are using their LIMITED water supply for oxygen?

None of this is sustainable for long periods of time in space.

You'll eventually run out of food, oxygen, water, other resources, you can't do the same maintenance out in space like you can on earth (don't have access to the same equipment and tools that was used to manufacture the ships).

It's just not habitable. It's nothing but fantasy role-playing.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

in any functioning civilization you have to utilize the eco-system.

Oxygen, ore, agriculture, water, etc and space doesn't have any of it.

The only way you can go into space is for short duration of time.

EDIT: technically space is probably abundant in certain resources but survivablity is practically impossible.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Nope, sorry. Your opinion.

Dead horse here on ATS, as with all your other "ZOMG! NASA FAKE STUFF!!".

Years and years and YEARS of people trying to prove it's all fake....and yet they fail each and every time. Dead Horse and Bat.

Zero proof that we didn't go. Overwhelming proof that we did.

And no: they do not have to surface the subs as long as all systems are working. I know. Ex-Navy myself.

Keep trying to prove it though. No one has succeeded yet. Everything from Space itself being fake, to the ISS is fake, to just about anything.

What really cracks me up is the amount of you people that think NASA is the only space org out there...and yet somehow each country cooperates to fake things.....like the Moon landings.....and the height of the Cold War.

Riiiiiiiiight. Keep on believing that.

Yeah, watch the clips I posted.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Montana
OP, please explain why we shouldn't assume this is just another thread by a Youtuber posting his own vids to get a boost in ad revenue? It's the only reason I can fathom someone posting such obvious drivel.

I'm not the same person who posted the youtube videos.

These are just videos I've been researching lately and I think the evidence is obvious.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Does it really matter I mean after Obama Calvin and Hobbes have a better space program that NASA.

It kind of matters when you realize billions of dollars is being wasted on Hollywood movies.

Oh wait, we do that too, but still.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: usos90

originally posted by: TerryDon79

too many risks, too many liabilities, too much of a hazardous job.

By this "logic" we wouldn't have planes, trains, cars, coal mines, nuclear power plants, electricity, running water, oil, modern medicine and just about anything because of "too many risks".

Risk takers and innovators are what get things done. Not people who sit there and go "Nope! Too risky."

You're right, those are definitely dangerous jobs and not too many people can handle them.

Just saying that space is not habitable. No oxygen, no water supply, no agriculture, VERY HIGH RISK POTENTIAL etc.

At least with the careers you posted their is oxygen and businesses available to the workers/clients. Not so much in space.

Would be worse than being stranded in the mountains.

OK.

Deep sea welding, shipwreck scavengers, any job under the sea.

Just because you wouldn't take the risk because you're too scared, doesn't mean others wouldn't to progress our knowledge.

Space is a totally different ball game.

nobody wants to actually go into space.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Why do you think that they fly resupply missions every few months and fly tons of supplies to them? There was a mission last month that carried 6400 pounds of supplies. Everything from toilet paper to Mexican food. They keep several months of supplies on board, and every few months another mission goes up with more supplies.

The oxygen generator on the ISS uses wastewater to create oxygen. They can also use bottled oxygen that is carried up on the resupply missions.

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yup electrolysis. Plenty of electricity on a nuke sub and plenty of electricity on the ISS.

The only possible way the ISS can generate oxygen in space is through their water supply but then they would eventually run out of potable water for consumption, sanitization, their food (if they do green house farming).

It's not habitable nor sustainable.

link   

Date: November 10, 2017
Mission: Orbital ATK Resupply Mission to Space Station (Orbital ATK CRS-8)
Description: Orbital ATK's eighth contracted commercial resupply services mission, launching aboard an Antares rocket from Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia, will deliver several tons of cargo including crew supplies and science experiments to the International Space Station.

launch schedule

Let me guess, they're not really going to the space station, they just shoot these off and drop them where no one can see them land?

link   

And yet you ignore all the people that have said they'd go back again, and all the ones that haven't gone that are looking forward to going.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

If only there was some way to get more supplies to them, and bring things back down, such as waste.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Oh and I guess even more CHEMICALS for oxygen.

Back-up oxygen generation for space

the crew can also generate oxygen chemically by igniting Solid Fuel Oxygen Generation (SFOG) canisters comprised of lithium perchlorate. Each canister provides the oxygen needed to support one crew member for one day.

www.spaceanswers.com...

Wow, so they use biochemical to generate oxygen. That sounds safe.

Yeah, I'd rather breathe oxygen instead of chemicals.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

:facepalm:

Oxygen is Oxygen.....doesn't mater what other elements it may be attached to. If you split it, so that you have the oxygen, you have the oxygen.

Do you have ANY idea of what all is in the air that you breath here on the Earth?

No....no you don't or you would not be making such statements.

Where or where did our educational system go wrong?

sigh

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Yes, that is the last ditch, everything else broke method. First is electrolysis, then is bottled oxygen, then that method.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I wonder if he knows the oxygen he breaths is a chemical compound?

This is a lot more entertaining than I though it would be at first.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Wow, so they use biochemical to generate oxygen.
What, in your mind, is a biochemical?

Yeah, I'd rather breathe oxygen instead of chemicals.

So would they. That's why they would breath the oxygen produced by the generators.
edit on 9/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

:facepalm:

Oxygen is Oxygen.....doesn't mater what other elements it may be attached to. If you split it, so that you have the oxygen, you have the oxygen.

Do you have ANY idea of what all is in the air that you breath here on the Earth?

No....no you don't or you would not be making such statements.

Where or where did our educational system go wrong?

sigh

You may get oxygen but you probably still get toxic side effects.

The key word I'm looking at is LITHIUM?

Yeah, and it's also used for batteries.

Sorry, it probably actually works but I wouldn't trust the chemical reaction.

And I'm already aware that there is nitrogen etc already in the Earth's atmosphere.

Just saying that I don't really trust man-made synthesize chemicals too much.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join