It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Something is very wrong with men”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Male Infertility Crisis in U.S. Has Experts Baffled

Startling new evidence suggests male infertility may be much worse than it appears. According to Levine and Swan’s work, sperm levels—the most important measurement of male fertility—are declining throughout much of the world, including the U.S. The report, published in late July, reviewed thousands of studies and concluded that sperm concentration had fallen by 52 percent among men in Western countries between 1973 and 2011. Four decades ago, the average Western man had a sperm concentration of 99 million per milliliter. By 2011, that had fallen to 47.1 million. The plummet is alarming because sperm concentrations below 40 million per milliliter are considered below normal and can impair fertility. (The researchers found no significant declines for non-Western men, in part because of a lack of quality data, though other studies have found major drops in countries like China and Japan.) And the decline has grown steeper in recent years, which means that the crisis is deepening. “This is pretty scary,” says Swan, who has long studied reproductive health. “I think we should be very concerned about this trend.”

...fertility rates—the number of live births per woman—have drastically declined in the same countries with falling sperm counts. That includes the U.S., where fertility rates hit a record low this year, and where women are no longer bearing enough children to replace the existing population. Women need to average roughly 2.1 children—enough to replace themselves and their partner, with a spare bit to offset kids who don’t survive to reproductive age—to keep a country’s population stable through birth alone. The U.S. is at 1.8 and dependent on continued immigration to keep the population growing. Sociological and economic factors play a role in the changing size of the American family. Fertility rates were above the replacement level until the 2007 recession, then they plunged. And despite a years-long economic recovery and low unemployment, they’re still falling. Pair that with studies showing that nearly one in six couples in the U.S. trying to get pregnant can’t do so over the course of a year of unprotected sex—the medical definition of infertility—and it’s clear that something beyond economic insecurity is preventing Americans from having as many babies as they want.

This would seem to be the moment for the medical world to throw everything it can at understanding what is happening to male fertility. Yet researchers on male reproduction are forced to rely on less-than-perfect data because the kind of comprehensive, longitudinal studies that might conclusively tell us what is happening to sperm counts have never been done.

Eight years ago, I started this thread: MEN: You are being chemically castrated.

That thread was about how endocrine disrupters could be the culprit to the decline in sperm counts and declining birth rates. Nearly a decade later, and we still don't seem to have a handle on this issue.

Maybe it's time for the scientific community to wake up and really study what is going on.

Any bets whether that will happen ten years from now?

Just sayin'

edit on 13-9-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
In the spirit of conspiracy discussion.

Depopulation agenda.

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

So this is the real life "The Children of Men" movie, where women can't get pregnant anymore.

Frightening... plastics, pesticides, chemicals, GMOs etc. are likely the culprit

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
1. Monsanto (traceable in 8/10 breastfeeding mothers - glyphosate)
2. Bisphenol-a (traceable in 95% of western human urine - plastics)
3. Those pushing man-made climate change are keeping us from the real issue, Environmental Conservation

edit on 13-9-2017 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The conspiracy theorist inside me says its big pharma... there is a HUGE market for infertility treatments. I know, I paid out for them. People will pay anything to be able to have babies.

JT

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It will make no difference at all to the population size of Western countries thanks to mass immigration...which, incidentally, seems to be occurring in those countries in the main.

I mean, there'll be fewer whites.

Yeah, like that wasn't happening anyway.

Status quo.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I agree.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

All of those combined, and then some other stuff.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

So this is the real life "The Children of Men" movie, where women can't get pregnant anymore.

Frightening... plastics, pesticides, chemicals, GMOs etc. are likely the culprit

I often refer to that movie in posts as everything in it (apart from the fertility thing) is coming true now. First thing i thought when i seen this news was now everything is coming true.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Too many Avacados.

The governments of the world have been trying to reduce world population for a long time, just because most people do not believe this doesn't mean the practice is not in play.

They have employed many different tactics to lower US population. If you subtract all immigration and their kids from our population statistics you will see that the population is actually lowering here in the USA. It would be way more evident if they were to stop letting so many people move in. The influx of immigrants does not actually hurt the population reduction figures, the way it is written is on the ones in your country, not those immigrating. People are so clueless as to what is happening.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It seems like more than ever, you hear of young couples having problems of conceiving. Years ago you seldom heard about women having problems getting pregnant. Whether it's being caused by preservatives, genetically modified plants and animals, animal growth hormones, the water we drink or cell phone radiation, you have to wonder if its being used on an unknowing public to control population growth. If it's not, than science better find the culprit or humanity will be on a path towards extinction.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

Like the book 1984, most Hollywood movies are manuals for what they want to create. I'm if we think about it happening on a mass scale, it will manifest into real time.

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
1. Monsanto (traceable in 8/10 breastfeeding mothers - glyphosate)
2. Bisphenol-a (traceable in 95% of western human urine - plastics)
3. Those pushing man-made climate change are keeping us from the real issue, Environmental Conservation

4. fat, unhealthy types squished up in front of their playstations.

link   
GMOs, chemicals etc.. sure. But also, perhaps nature has a way of balancing herself. We're clearly over populating.

It's interesting... And maybe similar to how more baby boys are born after a war. To balance out the male population lost.

Weird.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Up a higher note, bringing a child into this world as t is right now, would be a stupid thing to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What do you mean by too many avacados?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Flouride. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of sterility a day to be healthy.

link
edit on 13-9-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
Up a higher note, bringing a child into this world as t is right now, would be a stupid thing to do.

On another positive note, there will be fewer abortions.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I agree.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Governments have done this (trying to control population) for a long time, only mostly centered around women and children: birth control, tainted vaccines, we even created the HIV virus "on accident". Can't have to many people running around, too hard to control them all.

Seems about time they started doing something with men as well..... makes you wonder if it has to do with genetic food modification? What better way to affect entire populations around the globe (or flat earth, don't want to offend anyone) than to alter food crops to produce certain chemicals inside the body to have a desired effect...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join