It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portlandia: Portland Deletes Its Gang List for Having Too Many Blacks

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Conspiracy wise we can throw in Plan Parenthood or how to reduce the black population from 18% to 11% and still going down.

Their population is going down?
I didn't know...

Hmmm?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Is that just due to slow growth rates combined with fast growth rates of other demographic groups?

So rather than a shrinking population, they are just stagnating while other groups are booming, thus shrinking their % of the overall population? (The US pop is growing quickly)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Morality is the Foundation of Civilization.

Many would use Pot as example... I say don't use it where it is illegal and you are OK. Its like drinking and driving, don't do it...Drugs are no different in don't use them where you can go to jail... or better yet move to where they are legal.

Until society changes what it sees as a norm then it is not, sorry to say for all those who get busted.

We theoretically can change laws that we the people view as incorrect.

I personally believe all drugs need to be legalized and regulated through proper means, and that anyone who seeks them has safe responsible access to them. This would solve a huge organized crime problem.

At the same time we can start dealing with addiction in a more scientific and ethical manner rather than merely criminalizing and punishing it. The goal is to free people of addictions rather than make them feel ashamed and hide within them. No one should have to choose between satisfying a drug addiction or being a productive member of society. At the same time, we need to aid those who want to seek help without making them afraid of coming forward.

We got a lot of work to do to fix our system.
We cannot lose Hope despite it being such a complete disaster - because in 50 or 100 years things are going to be a certain way and our actions now directly influence that. We gotta make sure things will be the best possible outcome.

Illegal drugs will never be regulated, it is a massive cash cow, organisations such as the police department simply would not be able to function without that specific revenue, not to mention all the other departments and beaurocracies that rely on the funds.

If you haven't looked into regarding our environment and if it influences us you might want to check out r and K gene wars

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I would put this all on a very bad culture that is fed by many bad influences that people see as good.

And since we are on a conspiracy site, ill point out that the culture was fostered all along the way by people in governmental roles.

I believe that's almost certainly true.
There is a lot of evidence supporting the contention that powerful players purposely designed this collapse in values and facilitated the ongoing downfall of society.

Of course, people who cannot govern themselves for whatever reason need to be governed.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

At the same time we can start dealing with addiction in a more scientific and ethical manner rather than merely criminalizing and punishing it. The goal is to free people of addictions rather than make them feel ashamed and hide within them. No one should have to choose between satisfying a drug addiction or being a productive member of society. At the same time, we need to aid those who want to seek help without making them afraid of coming forward.

It comes down to life choices and addiction is caused by one poor life choice that is typically many.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

a reply to: xuenchen

Facts are not racist. If there are more blacks on the list than what should be, based on population, deleting the lists won't change a thing. That's something that needs to be addressed by those communities, and corrected, or things will only get worse.

This particular list isn't a list of "facts"; it's a list of subjective conclusions with very little criteria.

Can you show evidence for that?

I already did. This isn't what you think it is.

People can be put on this list for having knowledge of gangs, wearing the wrong clothing, having a picture taken with a gang member, or even using "gang related" language.

It's honestly not the virtue signal you are looking for.

You made those claims, but I didn't see any links to support them. Happy to read those, if you have the, however.

Still, doesn't explain why they'd toss the lists because of race concerns, instead of accuracy concerns.

Go back and look. I linked. Here's another

And it was because of accuracy concerns, as well. Look down at the list where it shows reasons... it's ridiculously easy to get on the list.

I'm against this sort of list in the same way I am against these sorts of lists for gun restrictions. It is a list without any strict oversight nor accountability. It is up to the discretion of the person putting the name on it.

There are gang lists that are accurate through other agencies, with rigorous definitions and nuances with asterisks galore. But this list isn't one of those.

The most common reasons, according to your link, are that the person claims they are in a gang, or has a gang tattoo.

When police decide whether to put a person on the list, they must cite a reason.
One or more of these can put you on the list
Claims Affiliation 326
Participated in Initiation 26
Commits or Conspires to Commit Crime 12

Two or more of these can put you on the list Gang Tattoo 165
Clothing or Jewelry 98
Knowledge of Gang Culture 92
Gang-Related Language 44
Announces Allegiance 32
Appeared in Gang-Related Photograph 24
Named in Gang Document 4
This chart depicts how many people on the list have a particular indicator, but a particular person can have many indicators.

Which of these reasons wold you label as "ridiculous"? They all look valid to me.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join