It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China at risk of loosing its trade with U.S

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hello, Guys!

So I have been ready a lot about the Chinese trade with the U.S lately. Donald Trump threatens to stop all trade with China if it continues to trade with North Korea. But, not only is China affected, the U.S said that any other country that has anything to do with North Korea will be accused of helping the North Korean regime. Therefore bring trade and alliances to a halt. Obviously, if China does lose its trade with the U.S, the global economy will suffer.

Some discussion questions:

Do you think Donald Trump is making the right decision?

If this does take place, what effect will it have on the global economy?

What will happen between the U.S and China, if this does happen?

(Feel free to make up your own questions, let's try and answer them!)

Discuss away!

Kind regards,
MrZeal

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MrZeal

War, pestilence and death, there is no need to sugar coat it....

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrZeal
Hello, Guys!

So I have been ready a lot about the Chinese trade with the U.S lately. Donald Trump threatens to stop all trade with China if it continues to trade with North Korea. But, not only is China affected, the U.S said that any other country that has anything to do with North Korea will be accused of helping the North Korean regime. Therefore bring trade and alliances to a halt. Obviously, if China does lose its trade with the U.S, the global economy will suffer.

Some discussion questions:

Do you think Donald Trump is making the right decision?

What will happen between the U.S and China, if this does happen?

(Feel free to make up your own questions, let's try and answer them!)

Discuss away!

Kind regards,
MrZeal

Much of the U.S. retail economy relies on buying from China and reselling at percentages of 100s of percent higher.

The U.S. would have a hard time as it produces very little itself.

It would be tough on China too but not so much, I'm sure they can find alternative buyers for less profit.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Hey hopenotfeariswhatweneed,

There's no sugar coating here, just want to hear peoples opinions on the current issue.

Hope its a decent topic,
Kind regards,
MrZeal

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Perhaps long term itd be a boon as itd force a new mfg base to develop. Who really knows anything. Just with the national debt crisis alone theres some serious upheaval in our nearish future...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Its a very important topic, I appreciate you bringing it to the table for our consumption....

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Most Americans don't give a sh"" as long as they have cheap prices...

Sad.

Warmest regards

Lags

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Is your reason for being here to complain about Americans? It's all I've seen you do.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

It would be tough on China too but not so much, I'm sure they can find alternative buyers for less profit.

They would hate being marginalized and isolated again. They depend on the West for their economy. All the Western investors are there. Trump is investing in there big time. They all are. That's why the market has the jitters right now because of CHINA. China has a huge economic influence in Africa, but one thing Africans don't have is a great deal of extra food in many of those states. If China started starving them to feed their own then the Africans would cause them a civil nightmare. We know what Africans do because we have seen Mugabe, Mandela all get what they wanted. China has it very tough here, too. Kim is a blooming night mare for the whole world I think.

China and Russia would benefit if there was a lesser Western Military presence on their turf and borders. They have made it clear that is what they want to happen with their request and Russia's for South Korea and the U.S to stop the military drills. Yet we have our beloved allies and partners Japan, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea down there and we must be sure of their freedom and they need our protection. China has been doing a lot of military escalation of their own, making man made islands, etc:

South China Sea controversy heats up as man-made islands are almost complete

I really believe that China are not in a tough position over this. They have SO much to lose. The U.S and West is not as daft as we might think. China actually depend on us for their economic well being and certainly their growth. There are one hell of a lot of people in China who need to eat every day. Russia, though Putin does not like to admit it, are being held back big time economically by sanctions. NK would be to the point of starvation if this keeps escalating. China I think would soon start to starve, too, and lose its economic privileges very quickly. Then we would have a desperate world war I guess.

Kim is being very silly. He is causing everyone a headache. Trump will at the very least play hard man with no nonsense; he has to. His diplomats will meanwhile be able to negotiate.

It's more dog eat dog, geographical military importance, who's air base is it any way jive. I want the West to be strong because we are the future. The political oppression in this world must lessen its hold, not tighten it. A diplomatic or strategic victory for North Korea is one for the cause of tyranny and slightly increases the potential for political oppression to gain in influence as an ideological model of state government.

This is just a hint of how big a diplomatic and strategic headache Kim is. Naughty little trouble maker.

edit on 5-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
People buy chinese because its cheap

People ACT like there isn't anything manufactured here in the US, simply false as we do, just little of and at a price people don't like to pay.

Once we kicked the chinese to the curb, yeah, it'll suck for a bit. However, maybe its needed, a good slap of national reality, to light the fires of progress once again. Like a mother with the best of intentions back of the head slap.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Well said and AGREED

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

People ACT like there isn't anything manufactured here in the US, simply false as we do, just little of and at a price people don't like to pay.

Once we kicked the chinese to the curb, yeah, it'll suck for a bit. However, maybe its needed, a good slap of national reality, to light the fires of progress once again. Like a mother with the best of intentions back of the head slap.

This is it folks, this is why Americans are viewed as warmongering clowns, comments like this one quoted above...

Nothing like a bitchslap to set one on the straight and narrow...

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Is your reason for being here to complain about Americans? It's all I've seen you do.

Nope.

Truth hurts mate?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

There is a hefty trade deficit that favors China over the US.

Would this cripple China? Barely.

Would this cripple the US? Hell no.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

True.

And reality would not be *that* bad.

Prices would in many cases not rise proportionally to the increased cost of production, were it done in the US - instead the markups would fall. One have to remember that companies sell goods at the maximum price that the supply/demand-dichotomy allows.

Look at it the other way round; if cost price were to fall, would consumer price fall, absent of increased competition?

No, because it is not cost that dictate prices, at is the willingness of consumers to pay that does.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Hey Revolution9,

I would have to agree on that one as well.

I think China is in the middle of a lose-lose situation if they do surrender their trade with North Korea. That may start a war, if they surrender their trade with the US, their economy may collapse and World War 3 may begin.

To be honest, I don't know if we will get to Christmas at this rate of Bullsh*t happening around the world...

I'm just going to start digging my anti-nuke bunker, good luck everyone...

- MrZeal out

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It is like a drug withdrawal. It will be hard at first, but we would be better off if we have less trade with China.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Truth hurts mate?

Nope.

Think I confused you with someone else too after going through some of your posts. Apologies.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Sorry, feeling a bit inspired about this:

In a sense North Korea might even be a proxy emerging Nuclear Power. Are we to believe that North Korea did all this on their own? There is zilch chance of that being the case. Ages ago on ATS I remember writing that Kim had gotten by with a little help from his friends.

Here we have Kim doing the wobblying of his nuclear willy for all the world to see, lol, while China covertly make demands on the U.S and South Korea to lessen the military significance on SOUTH KOREAN land. Can we allow China to dictate military policy for South Korea? Hell, no!

Sorry, just bucking you up U.S because you have the moral high ground on this one. As for President Trump, one thing he has a LOT of is STUBBORNNESS. He is a strong man. He is not like Kim. He is a leader of a free nation. He has let the whole world mock him and does not threaten it with assassination. Unfortunately, Lil Kim is a "bit" harder on his people as we know, like even with his immediate family members and even his FRIENDS and CLOSEST, WTF!

edit on 5-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This would be a sanction. Sanctions are used in lieu of all out war.

Remind me, is it more fear we need?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join