It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Moon Anomaly 2015

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hello good people of ATS,

I was recently looking through some video clips that a friend and I recorded back in 2015. The clips were intended to be used for a short mockumentary on wine making. Unfortunately I never got around to making the mockumentary, but still have all the clips we recorded as a lot of them are very entertaining.

Anyway, as I was looking through the clips I noticed something strange in a shot I took of the moon. The shot was intended to be used as the opening shot, starting with a pan from the sunset to the moon, and then zooming in on the moon. On reviewing the video clip I noticed that as I zoom in towards the moon, something strange happens. I don't want to speculate too much as to what it could be, just incase it is some form of artifact caused by my zooming in. But to me it appears as though there is some form of impact which causes a quick "splatter" of light to shoot off the top of the moon and off to the left. It all happens in an instant, so I'm not surprised that I hadn't noticed it before. But regardless of this, you can still clearly see a "splatter of light shoot off to the left from the top of the moon.

Take a look at the clip yourself and see what you think. The first part of the video includes the entire shot from start to finish, followed by some slowed down and zoomed in versions, as well as a couple of filters to try make the anomaly stand out more. I'm no video editing whizz so make of it what you will.

Unfortunately the clip was recorded with a small handheld digital camera (it was not a big budget production), so it is not particularly good quality (especially when I zoom in). But even though the image is not great, you can still clearly see the anomaly I have described. Please do watch the clip yourself and let me know your thoughts. It would be great to hear yours views.

Also, the clip was recorded on the 2nd April 2015 sometime between 6pm and 8pm if anyone cares.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i see it well...could be the panning right sent that to the left but....i like identify'n it as an actual till proven other

we dont usually see a pan artifact,huh.....

so good eye bud

edit on 4-9-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
that is odd
a reply to: Leeyum

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Thanks man! I'm not particularly clued up on how artifacts are created in video, so its good to know that it might not be caused by my shoddy camera work!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gimcrackery

My thoughts exactly

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Interesting. Don't know.

Did you notice the "wobble" and how the moon becomes misshapen when you zoom in? That's proof that the moon is actually made of cheese.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Haha I knew it! Wallace and Gromit were right all along

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that.

It doesn't look like cgi and for the life of me, I don't know why someone would create an effect as ambiguous as that, and if it isn't cgi, then it' looks like something monumentally huge leaving the polar region of the Moon.

I suppose it could be something smaller, closer to Earth and just happened to be lined up with the Moon, but it looks like something ginormous lifting off and leaving.

This MUST be cgi, right? I guess it could be an asteroid hitting and bouncing off, though I'd expect more debris if so... and, watching again, why the acceleration after it rises, then? That's not how impacts work ... SO...

it's gotta be cgi ...or something truly unusual.

wth?

edit on 9/4/2017 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Thanks for your response! I can completely guarantee it is not any form of CGI. Until now I am the only person who has seen the video and have the original (completely unedited, no filters/extra zooming) file available for anyone who wants to check it themselves. Cheers!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Well, okay.

If not cgi then... wow.

This site has given me good reason for thinking we have a deep black space program that surpasses Star Trek in certain tech and a forgotten, older human history as well... so I'm predisposed to accept some weird things.

But if that's a "space ship" lifting off and leaving, then the size of the thing is hundreds of miles long!

More likely it's an unknown "aurora" type of phenomena .. . or a smaller, very bright vehicle ? Or ?

Either way, quite a capture and one of the oddest things I've seen lately.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Extremely interesting. It defies explanation by any conventional means. Given the distance to the Moon it would be impossible for any object at that distance to move that quickly away from near or on the Moon's surface.

Strangely, it looks like one of the strands of high energy material commonly seen looping/leaping on the surface of the sun.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leeyum
Hello good people of ATS,

I was recently looking through some video clips that a friend and I recorded back in 2015. The clips were intended to be used for a short mockumentary on wine making. Unfortunately I never got around to making the mockumentary, but still have all the clips we recorded as a lot of them are very entertaining.

Anyway, as I was looking through the clips I noticed something strange in a shot I took of the moon. The shot was intended to be used as the opening shot, starting with a pan from the sunset to the moon, and then zooming in on the moon. On reviewing the video clip I noticed that as I zoom in towards the moon, something strange happens. I don't want to speculate too much as to what it could be, just incase it is some form of artifact caused by my zooming in. But to me it appears as though there is some form of impact which causes a quick "splatter" of light to shoot off the top of the moon and off to the left. It all happens in an instant, so I'm not surprised that I hadn't noticed it before. But regardless of this, you can still clearly see a "splatter of light shoot off to the left from the top of the moon.

Take a look at the clip yourself and see what you think. The first part of the video includes the entire shot from start to finish, followed by some slowed down and zoomed in versions, as well as a couple of filters to try make the anomaly stand out more. I'm no video editing whizz so make of it what you will.

Unfortunately the clip was recorded with a small handheld digital camera (it was not a big budget production), so it is not particularly good quality (especially when I zoom in). But even though the image is not great, you can still clearly see the anomaly I have described. Please do watch the clip yourself and let me know your thoughts. It would be great to hear yours views.

Also, the clip was recorded on the 2nd April 2015 sometime between 6pm and 8pm if anyone cares.
Cheers!

That's Insanely cool, whoa! Have you considered asking anyone about it, perhaps an astrologer or nearby observatory what they think that was?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Zooming and focusing at the same one can overwhelm the camera imaging software, especially with a bright object is in direct view. Did anyone else see the moon stretch and wobble too?

I doubt that actually happened 'on the moon', either.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yeah its pretty bizarre. The only logical explanation I could think of was that it's some kind of digital artifact. Who knows though!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That is totally awesome. What in the hell could that be??

It's clearly there and it clearly happens.

Very cool indeed mate.

Nice catch by the way.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You're dead right about the strand of energy similar to the sun!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Hey there, no I hadn't considered showing the footage to an expert. Why would I when we have ATS? Haha. No to be honest I was first trying to establish whether it is an artifact or not.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah my first instinct was that it's an artifact. It's not one I have seen before, but it's the only logical explanation. It would be interesting to see some other examples of this. Not necessarily with the moon, but any light source.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Thanks Dude,

It's certainly food for thought!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Astrologer? roflmao....

"It means that the coming Mars retrograde will improve your fortunes five fold"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>