It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Leaker Sends Trump’s Inauguration Letter from Obama to Trump-Hating CNN

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: smurfy

Why would the press get in trouble?
The leaker should be punished.
The press wouldn't be in trouble at all. Sorry no head rolling today.

Me no mention press?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
The Letter,

Dear Mr. President -

Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.

This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.

First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It's up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that's willing to work hard.

Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.

Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions -- like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties -- that our forebears fought and bled for. Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.

And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They'll get you through the inevitable rough patches.

Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.
Good luck and Godspeed,
BO

Keeping it classy! I don't see how this letter's exposure bashed Trump.

Ya, I didn't see anything bad in it. Trump has bashed the letter on a couple occasions though calling it long and complicated.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Wait . What ? If Trump only showed it to someone , how did the someone leak it ? Wouldnt that mean the person would have to had obtained a copy ? Not just being shown ? Someone must have had an eidetic memory . Or is just spouting sh** because they can...
Sheldon did it.

Or perhaps Trump himself leaked it. He has been known to leak things from time to time.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just like to point out a flaw in the title. It's not CNN that hates Trump. The Truth hates Trump. Or rather, Trump and his supporters hate the truth.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Did you not read the article? Trump called Obama and his staff a few times, ostensibly to say "thanks" for the note...but after messages were left, Obama reportedly never returned the phone call.

I've read the article and I don't see any such claim. Please site the passage that explains how Trump called Obama and he refused or ignored the call.

You're right, I confused articles...I read about 4 or 5 of them about this, just to get a real feel...lemme see if I can drag up a linky...

Trump, however, is said to cherish Obama's missive. Upon reading it on Inauguration Day, he attempted to place a phone call to the former president expressing his gratitude, according to both a current White House official and a former Obama aide. His predecessor was traveling west to California with his family, and couldn't take the call.

CNN's take

My apologies.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Okay......

But, you should include this part too, you know, just to show that Obama did have his people call Trump's people, to set up a call.

When one of Obama's aides reached back out to the White House to return the call, the new president's staffers said Trump just wanted to say thank you for the note -- and wanted Obama to get the message. The men never connected directly.

No presidential bashing in this story at all, that I can see.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The Letter,

Dear Mr. President -

Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.

This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.

First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It's up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that's willing to work hard.

Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.

Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions -- like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties -- that our forebears fought and bled for. Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.

And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They'll get you through the inevitable rough patches.

Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.
Good luck and Godspeed,
BO

Keeping it classy! I don't see how this letter's exposure bashed Trump.

Ya, I didn't see anything bad in it. Trump has bashed the letter on a couple occasions though calling it long and complicated.

LOL
He was expecting something like "Have a good time!"

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Or perhaps Trump himself leaked it. He has been known to leak things from time to time.

Has anyone said that the other person with a copy was Obama and his staffers?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I wished Obama followed his own advice....

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

LOL
He was expecting something like "Have a good time!"

I'm not sure why, Obama's letter was very much in the spirit of previous letters.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sure many of us have played the Letter Game.

When guests are coming over, run to your desk, pull out the LETTER. Lean nonchalantly against the wall reading the letter as the spouse or some one else admits the guests. Once a guest asks what you are reading, reply, "Oh just the latest letter from the President."

Then re-fold the letter, put it in the envelope and show the front of the envelope to one and all in a panning motion.

When asked what it says, reply, "That's rather personal" then smile.

If some one gave a copy to CNN, who published it, the only purpose could be to get Donald Trump to stop playing The Letter Game. After all, that only goes over well one time. After that it's rather a flop.

edit on 4-9-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Wait . What ? If Trump only showed it to someone , how did the someone leak it ? Wouldnt that mean the person would have to had obtained a copy ? Not just being shown ? Someone must have had an eidetic memory . Or is just spouting sh** because they can...
Sheldon did it.

At my age , I "leak" stuff from time to time.....thats beside the point

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I agree, that's why I was confused with the title of the thread...

But I do think it shows that what Trump says in public shouldn't be confused with how he feels in private...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join