It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Leaker Sends Trump’s Inauguration Letter from Obama to Trump-Hating CNN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So somebody decided to somehow "release" a letter from outgoing President Obama addressed to incoming President Trump.

The "letter" has not been "officially" published, but CNN has it (or do they).

The letter has apparently been "leaked" even though Trump has already shown it to select people.

So CNN is somehow using this as a "bash" ?

I'm sure they have their reasons and fully understand the historical values involved.

Smart Power: White House Leaker Sends Trump’s Inauguration Letter from Obama to Trump-Hating CNN

CNN published on Sunday morning the letter that former President Barack Obama gave to President Donald Trump on the day of his inauguration — but instead of writing it up as a humanizing moment, as its leaker may have intended, the piece from Kevin Liptak just uses the occasion to bash Trump and praise Obama.

The leak of this document occurs 7 months into Trump’s presidency, whereas the inauguration letters from outgoing Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton stayed private for eight and 16 years, respectively. ABC News published those letters days before Trump’s inauguration, obtaining them from the National Archives and Records Administration.

Yet CNN acknowledges that it did not obtain the Obama-Trump letter through official channels: “Obama, when writing the letter, didn’t disclose the content even to his closest aides,” Liptak writes. “Since then, however, Trump has shown the letter to visitors in the Oval Office or his private White House residence. CNN obtained a copy from someone Trump showed it to.”

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They still haven't figured out who the leaker(s) are? Come on. I mean at the rate of people fleeing the whitehouse you'd figure the list of suspects would narrow significantly?

As for the letter, meh. I mean Trump has shown them to others already. No biggy.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Maybe that guy was pretending to be a leaker and Trump is triggering CNN once again.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Only Breitbart speculates the document was leaked. CNN doesn't claim it was "leaked". I don't see anything that resembles "bashing" Trump in the CNN article either.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Lies! All lies!

I have sources who have given me what they say is the real letter written by Obama.

Dear Mister Butt-Head,

You suck. Really. The rules say I have to write you a letter, but no one said what has to be in it.

I licked everything in the Lincoln Bedroom, so it's officially mine.

I also clogged the Oval Office toilet. Clean up MY messes, will you? Well Bitch, you can start in the bathroom. Hahahaha.

I also reprogrammed all the TV's in the White House to play nothing but CNN. HA! Now you get to spend a week on hold waiting for Comcast Customer Support!

Loser.

Signed, President-For-Life,

King Barak Obama

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

How did someone trump showed it to get a copy?

Did he leave them alone with it so they could snap a picture?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Only Breitbart speculates the document was leaked. CNN doesn't claim it was "leaked". I don't see anything that resembles "bashing" Trump in the CNN article either.

Odd too is this from the CNN person:

"CNN obtained a copy from someone Trump showed it to.”

How does somebody "get a copy" if they only "saw" it ?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Lies! All lies!

I have sources who have given me what they say is the real letter written by Obama.

Dear Mister Butt-Head,

You suck. Really. The rules say I have to write you a letter, but no one said what has to be in it.

I licked everything in the Lincoln Bedroom, so it's officially mine.

I also clogged the Oval Office toilet. Clean up MY messes, will you? Well Bitch, you can start in the bathroom. Hahahaha.

I also reprogrammed all the TV's in the White House to play nothing but CNN. HA! Now you get to spend a week on hold waiting for Comcast Customer Support!

Loser.

Signed, President-For-Life,

King Barak Obama

That's more like it...not one word of impending violence whatsoever.

edit on 3-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

"Here you go - here is a letter from Obama to me, have a read and tell me what you think. By the way, here is a photocopy of the letter - now, whatever you do, please don't show anyone or tell anyone I've given you this photocopy and for gods sake, don't give it to CNN"

The leaker must be Donald Trump - this is the only explanation.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
One of these days, someone is going to leak some very top sensitive information to the press and they're going to run with it and get their arses in one serious bind. I wanna see heads roll!

Isn't it funny how they treated the last PoTUS like a savior and this one like the devil himself?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

How did someone trump showed it to get a copy?

Did he leave them alone with it so they could snap a picture?

Maybe THATs the plan. Altered copy... one word out of place. Instant identity of the leaker.

You're FIRED!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
One of these days, someone is going to leak some very top sensitive information to the press and they're going to run with it and get their arses in one serious bind. I wanna see heads roll!

Isn't it funny how they treated the last PoTUS like a savior and this one like the devil himself?

If you mean funny peculiar....No!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The man can't get his own work done because he's too busy trying to undo everything Obama did.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The man can't get his own work done because he's too busy trying to undo everything Obama did.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Someone needed to

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Why would the press get in trouble?
The leaker should be punished.
The press wouldn't be in trouble at all. Sorry no head rolling today.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: windword

Odd too is this from the CNN person:

"CNN obtained a copy from someone Trump showed it to.”

How does somebody "get a copy" if they only "saw" it ?

Take a picture of it. I do that all the time with documents

(post by Sillyolme removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by Sillyolme removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I bet the Letter is telling Trump that he gave Hillary a Secret Pardon. I mean Trump bitches about Hillary all the time and does nothing about it. Unless of course the Letter said Obama gave her a Pardon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join