It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse forcibly arrested for not allowing cop to draw blood of unconscious patient(Video)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Xcathdra

Because your example was not relevant.

Lol. Maybe your a union leader huh?

and again you are wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Yeah - any investigation that deals with a potential violation of criminal statutes is defined as a criminal investigation. An investigation doesnt equate to wrong doing or violating a law.

You understand that right?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

and again you are wrong.

Lol. And his dept saying UNLAWFUL arrest PROVES your wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

How many times are we going to do this? You r maturity level leads me to believe you are not LE you are doing a UH-UH, Uh-Huh back and forth game. It does not matter that you do not believe me. You are the one ignoring certain parts of the law to suit your argument. It has been pointed out ad nauseum. I am honestly done arguing with you it is pointless, you are a fool and have shown everyone on here that. Good Job.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What crime were they investigating here? the guy was the victim of their doing. What criminal act did he commit?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

And the only section I could find has to do with the previously mentioned foreign drivers. He wasn't a foreign driver.

What you keep linking applies as law to the entities who fall under its regulations. A local cop, detective, sheriff or whatever has no authority to enforce federal regulations, as they have no capacity to act as a DOT enforcement officials. Local LEO jurisdiction does not encompass federal regulation. It is mandatory for the employer to drug test and report the results to the DOT. If they do not, they can be fined. If the driver refuses, the employer can not allow them to operate for their company in any capacity.

Again, he had zero authority to try to obtain blood and then decided to go Miami Vice on a nurse.

edit on 2-9-2017 by OrdoAdChao because: clarity

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I stated he could have handled it better than he did however I want to know the history of the hospital when it comes to blood draws. It sounds to me like there have been massive issues in the past between the 2 and thats based on the policy they both "agreed" to.

However my point is exceptions exist and because of where those exceptions emanate from no policy can override it.

I also want more info on the chase and accident to help place things in the larger picture into context.

I have had my fair share of going head to head with medical staff while trying to do my job. Their staff also tried using the whole "but my policy states" routine. That is all fine and good however their policies dont apply to me and their policies dont trump state / local law. While i have never had to arrest medical staff there have been a few situations that came close. Had it not been for the warning of where the situation was heading the them backing down they would have gone to jail.

Being medical staff in a hospital doesnt exempt you from arrest. Its the last thing we want to do but some situations end up there.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You seem to be taking it to the other extreme. Some hate cops wrongly and look for opportunities to attack them which is very wrong and others defend them no matter what they do, the opposite extreme. The video's speak for themselves and I think I'm I'm in good company agreeing with the Chief and the head of the citizens board.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Cite it please... I have been unable to find it.

and again you are wrong.

Lol. And his dept saying UNLAWFUL arrest PROVES your wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

What crime were they investigating here? the guy was the victim of their doing. What criminal act did he commit?

He is a commercial truck driver involved in an accident. That is the investigation. A criminal act is not required.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OrdoAdChao

The specific laws in question are investigated by federal state and local law enforcement and as such they can enforce provisions of that federal law, as it states.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

And he has absolutely no authority to enforce a federal regulation.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yeah - any investigation that deals with a potential violation of criminal statutes is defined as a criminal investigation. An investigation doesnt equate to wrong doing or violating a law.

You understand that right?

Um no I don't understand that.

Thank god you're around to show the rest of the world that you have all the answers and could never possibly be wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You seem to be taking it to the other extreme. Some hate cops wrongly and look for opportunities to attack them which is very wrong and others defend them no matter what they do, the opposite extreme. The video's speak for themselves and I think I'm I'm in good company agreeing with the Chief and the head of the citizens board.

sure, as I am often accused of doing even when I state the cop could have handled it differently and in other threads I have disagreed with the cop completely yet explain the laws in question.

I have seen command staff throws officers under the bus because of politics even when the officer was in the right.

As for vidoes they are good however it doesnt give us the entire story. It doesnt give us details about the chase, the accident, the reason for the blood draw request or the reasons behind the policy changes at the PD and hospital and what led to then.

Information that could possibly change the entire view of what occurred.

Something people ignore.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrdoAdChao

And he has absolutely no authority to enforce a federal regulation.

In that area he does. again read the law before posting false information.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I figured as much given your inability to provide facts that dont support your narrative.

Glad i could help you understand the basics.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
All right I have other things I need to do so feel free to attack me. I will try and log back in later to defend myself.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Funny. That source says that the officer Payne was "instructed to arrest the nurse" by his superior!

Yup. You can him first, telling him it's been done before, and then instructing him to go ahead and arrest her, over their com feed.

Then, that same officer arrives and starts coercing the nurse, who is now seated in the police car. Trying to convincer her to let a judge sort it out, later in court.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This whole thing smacks of the Dept. trying to avoid "police chase liability".

We'll see where this lands.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Where does it state that? Pull it up and I just might concede. I cannot for the life of me find anything regarding the collection of blood by an LEO as being enforceable by the regulations. Yes, it states that a driver must submit to a drug test or be relieved of their duties and most definitely (eventually) their CDL. But there's no direction that LEO shall collect blood from a driver involved in an accident. The DOT doesn't make regulations that local LEOs enforce. He needs to follow his procedure, not volunteer to enforce DOT regulation on an unconscious burn victim whose records will reflect an initial toxicology screen that can be brought into evidence at a later date if need be.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join