It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse forcibly arrested for not allowing cop to draw blood of unconscious patient(Video)

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Well, I can respect her decision. Not everyone wants to further disrupt their lives for months or even years.

I do wish we would improve this legislatively. But I know that isn't likely to happen.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Wolfenz

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Wolfenz

Its NOT Hospital law but POLICY.

Policy is subordinate to state and federal law.

As for the rest its why I said I want more info to place everything into proper context.

well that what i ment policy thanks

Not trying to be a dick but their is a major difference between a law and a policy.

of course there is , But Rules are Rules within Law and Within a Policy

and Policys Sometimes , but not all becomes LAW over time

you do know this ? Right ?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Now that's disturbing! Haven't read through all of the pages, so if these links are already posted, apologies.

Seems the officer is on leave, and under investigation, she's received an apology fro the police, and thanks from the department of the off-duty cop she was protecting (the patient), and the cop's LT is also on leave, and being investigated, for telling that jerk to arrest her.

The Latest: Officer who arrested Utah nurse put on leave

'I've done nothing wrong': Utah nurse's arrest prompts police apology

2nd Utah police officer put on administrative duty over nurse arrest

No excuse for that. Guy not under arrest, not suspected of anything, and not conscious, so they wanted blood WHY, exactly??

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist
Even if the doctor was in the hospital, the nurse would still be in charge. Doctors write orders for their patients, and not all patients have the same doctor. Some doctors don't have hospital privileges so a hospitalist or another doctor that has privileges may cover for the doctor.

Doctors know very little about hospital policies, rules and regulations. They depend on the nurse to keep them out of trouble.

They have their hands full thy don't want anything to do with anything like this.

Also, all hospital administrators are not doctors, some have absolutely no medical background at all.

Quite right!! I know someone who trained in hospital admin, and is not a doctor AT ALL. Not the same job. Admin people are manager types.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: dreamingawake

The nurse was just following orders from her supervisor. She explained to the police officer why she couldn't allow him to draw blood. This doofus police officer thinks just because he has a badge he can arrest someone for protecting a patients rights and doing their job?

The smart thing he should have done was to call his supervisor and explained the hospital's patient's protection procedure. Instead he decided to handle this innocent nurse like she was a criminal. This cop should be fired for his actions.

Problem there is, his supervisor WAS on the phone, telling him to arrest her. He's on leave now, too.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Why, would be to deflect some amount of culpability to the innocent driver..this whole deal was the result of a police chase gone bad..it's going to cost them dearly and they want someone else to share the blame..it ain't gonna happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
and thanks from the department of the off-duty cop she was protecting (the patient)

How certain are you about this part? I haven't read yet anything about the patient she was protecting other than he was driving a truck and with a CDL at that. Is what you've said here verified?

Truly curious....

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

and thanks from the department of the off-duty cop she was protecting (the patient)

How certain are you about this part? I haven't read yet anything about the patient she was protecting other than he was driving a truck and with a CDL at that. Is what you've said here verified?

Truly curious....

East Idaho News

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Why, would be to deflect some amount of culpability to the innocent driver..this whole deal was the result of a police chase gone bad..it's going to cost them dearly and they want someone else to share the blame..it ain't gonna happen.

Yes,

They have to try to blame the victim as they have a problem with the fact that the accident was caused by the police chase in some way.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Truly curious....

East Idaho News

Thanks. Somehow I got the impression that the fleeing driver was the reserve officer from Rigby, hence my confusion.

That article cleared it up though, thanks again.

Though, now it's somewhat worse to me, why would a rogue detective who threatens a nurse want SO BADLY to obtain a blood sample from a reserve off-duty officer. Surely by the time he was attempting to force his way into compliance, he had to know it was an off-duty reservist? Yet it seems on the outside as though he wanted to crucify him.....interesting.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yes,

They have to try to blame the victim as they have a problem with the fact that the accident was caused by the police chase in some way.

From what I've read, the crash supposedly occurred 10 seconds after the cops turned on their blue lights in an attempt to pull him over. If that's true, you're gonna have to find another motive.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Hmm, interesting..I guess we need a bit more info on the chase itself, I was under the impression this event was going on longer than 10 seconds? seems weird the suspect would suicide himself into a semi if the chase was just initiated..would it really change thing's that much?..I suppose it could.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

seems weird the suspect would suicide himself into a semi if the chase was just initiated..would it really change thing's that much?..I suppose it could.

He was driving a Chevy Silverado probably equipped with OnStar.... just throwing that out there.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
American police need better training. This is a good example on how not to do things. Are the American police out to make people disrespect them?

Respectfully, I disagree with every single person on this thread who cries "police need better training."

My ass. This kind of behavior cannot be untrained. He is a power-tripping cop who cannot handle his authority being questioned. And unfortunately, a great many of his colleagues have his same power issues.

What we may need is better screening for who we let be cops.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Just heard ( soz. no links or sources ) The nurse has been dismissed ... !?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

That can't be true. After all of the press supporting her, that would have to be the single most stupid move by an employer I've seen in a very long time.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Timely

That can't be true. After all of the press supporting her, that would have to be the single most stupid move by an employer I've seen in a very long time.

She'll be very rich rapidly soon.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well she said she would not pursue a lawsuit against the police, if she was dismissed I'm sure she will be suing someone. Wrongful dismissal no doubt.
Maybe Kandinsky was right.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Will update if I hear something solid.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join