It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse forcibly arrested for not allowing cop to draw blood of unconscious patient(Video)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OrdoAdChao

The links provided state local state police testing can be used in place of other testing agencies.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Because any crash involving a commercial vehicle requires post accident testing.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Blaine91555

Private or not they are subject to the same laws as everyone else. they cant prevent entry of law enforcement who are present and doing their official duties.

As long as they obtain a warrant or show probable cause.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Not by force from authority. Lol.

Keep digging.

They have to comply with hospital laws as well. Can't just have dirty cops shoving nurses around.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Even when that other "testing agency" is a hospital, and you are a patient in there care?

Somehow i think not.

I really don't understand how you cannot see the sheer folly of this Mans actions?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You seem to be the one cherry-picking the law you keep posting. As I said earlier it doesn't matter if you believe me or not, it does not change the reality. You are the one that seems pretty ignorant to the law here, and I do not hate LE I Was LE and have many friends that are still LE that agree this fool acted unlawfully, just because I was LE does not mean I stick up for guys that are doing their job poorly and illegally, the fact you do is troubling. If you are or were in fact LEO I don't believe you were

link   

Moving the goal post? Are you serious?

I have never said anything about anything else but his behavior. You are the one that keeps posting about a bunch of laws that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand.

edit on 2-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

link   

Private or not they are subject to the same laws as everyone else. they cant prevent entry of law enforcement who are present and doing their official duties.

Actually, being private they can deny entry to anyone at any time and require a warrant before letting the police enter if they wish. That was my point and I think that is correct.

Anyway, thanks for the debate. This is becoming a bubblegum conversation being chewed over and over.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I do... I just see it differently than those who hate anything law enforcement related.

It is possible to think this is wrong and at the same time be pro law enforcement. You're not assuming people who think this is wrong, including the Chief of Police and the head of the Citizens Review Board at the press conference are all anti law enforcement?

nope - I see the Chief and head of the Citizens review board as politicians who see it from a political viewpoint and not that of an officer doing his job.

People can support the police while question / disagreeing with actions of officers. However on this board we seem to have people who ignore any and all facts that dont fit their agenda.

As an example the incident in Ferguson MO. Even though the officer was cleared and therefore immune to civil suit the city paid out anyways. The goals of leadership often times put them at odds with rank and file who are under political pressure to view the situation not from a law enforcement standpoint but from the standpoint of elected officials.

it has become the in thing to throw police under the bus for political expediency.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

As long as they obtain a warrant or show probable cause.

or meet one of the warrantless exceptions.

Not sure why you keep intentionally ignoring that fact.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

There is no such thing as hospital laws.

Please understand that before making your argument and stop repeating it.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Because your example was not relevant.

Lol. Maybe your a union leader huh?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Even when that other "testing agency" is a hospital, and you are a patient in there care?

Somehow i think not.

I really don't understand how you cannot see the sheer folly of this Mans actions?

the testing agency is the law enforcement agency obtaining the blood sample. Blood samples obtained by law enforcement are logged as evidence and sent to a state crime lab / police crime lab to be tested and is not dont by the hospital (if a hospital does testing those records can be obtained by subpoena).

link   

Lol, right...

Hahaha

Keep digging.

link   
a reply to: norhoc

You inability to understand the baiscs leads me to belive you arent / never were a federal leo.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Because any crash involving a commercial vehicle requires post accident testing.

Seems even the DA is going after Police criminality

The video was released through Wubbels' attorneys. Prosecutors have called for a criminal investigation into it.

Source

I guess it's only you, who cites cherry-picked outcroppings of statutes that support your argument erroneously, that believes the cop is the next messiah.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Unlawful Arrest. Lol. Goodnight.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Moving the goal post? Are you serious?

I have never said anything about anything else but his behavior. You are the one that keeps posting about a bunch of laws that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand.

You keep trying to claim the items I posted arent laws when in fact they are. After several failed attempts and being proven wrong with links to said laws you then changed your argument to no laws justify his actions.

Pick your argument would you please.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes, I agree about that. That's why I never post in these threads unless I think the criticism is justified as I do in this case.

I'll leave it as that officer handled it badly, exhibited an inability to control his emotions or deal with the situation by diffusing it as he should have. There is no excuse for how this went down. The officer had bad judgement and perhaps should find another line of work.
edit on 9/2/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

That would be incorrect also. A warrant is not required to enter property when investigating a crime. If a patient in the hospital or a co worker calls 911 and request officers the hospital cant deny them entry. when they do that they can run into obstruction / witness tampering / victim tampering etc etc etc (just depends on the circumstances)

A warrant is needed to seize property or conduct a search without consent (and only if it doesnt meet exigent circumstances).

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join