It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois ... a sanctuary STATE? Governor signs new law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
[

The argument that law enforcement agencies have is that it removes the fear that illegal immigrants have when reporting a crime. If a murder, robbery, rape, assault occurs and the only witnesses are illegal immigrants how likely are they to report the crime?

Also:

Earlier Monday, Rauner signed the voter registration bill, which would add Illinoisans to the voting rolls when they get or renew a driver's license.

That's one stop closer to voter ID.

Well just make the law that if an illegal reports a crime that they won't be deported for doing so ...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Illegal immigrants will be more willing to assist in policing operations putting dangerous people behind bars if they have no fear of being deported.

Unless you believe every single illegal immigrant is a violent and dangerous person you should support this viewpoint.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: AMPTAH

Yes they are..
They arent legally participating in the group.

Im happy to protect my own...as i have the resources...you want illegal people to topple the native economy..why?

There are no illegal people.

Moreover, the Supreme law of the land is the U.S. Constitution, which declares that wherever that Constitution doesn't explicitly give powers to the Federal Government the State Law trumps the Federal Laws.

So, the Federal Government can write any law it wants, but if the U.S. Constitution didn't specifically give them authority in that particular area, the State can always introduce its own laws to counteract the Federal ones.

The U.S. Constitution has no mention of illegal people, nor undocumented aliens, it only uses the words "we the people" in it's opening, and "natural born citizens" when declaring which of the people can take on certain high offices in the nation.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: Tardacus

Illegal immigrants will be more willing to assist in policing operations putting dangerous people behind bars if they have no fear of being deported.

Unless you believe every single illegal immigrant is a violent and dangerous person you should support this viewpoint.

so what we`re talking about is criminals turning in other criminals? they are criminals by being here illegally so how much does the testimony of one criminal against another criminal account for in court? pretty much nothing. if the prosecutor only has a criminals testimony to try to convict another criminal the case won`t ever be prosecuted, the case will be dropped. There`s a serious moral turpitude problem there no sane prosecutor is going to go forth with a case like that. of course the police don`t care about convictions they just want to arrest people, how about we ask the state prosecutors how they feel about illegals turning in other criminals.sure, the police and politicians want more arrests because it makes them look good but if the prosecutors can`t even make a case then what`s the point?

edit on 31-8-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The Constitution starts "We the People of the United States,". There is a process to becoming a legal immigrant, it ends with U.S. citizenship. It is not and shouldn't be legal for a person to come here and stay indefinitely without becoming a documented citizen.
edit on 31-8-2017 by SouthernForkway26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
The Constitution starts "We the People of the United States,". There is a process to becoming a legal immigrant, it ends with U.S. citizenship. It is not and shouldn't be legal for a person to come here and stay indefinitely without becoming a documented citizen.

Yes, notice carefully, it's "We the People of the United States", and not "We the Citizens of the United States."

"The People" of the United States, refers to all people that walk on the land bearing that title "United States."

The constitution makes no distinction between: visitors, residents, citizens, aliens, illegals, legals, etc..all the people are treated the same, "except" in certain circumstances which are clearly stated by specifically using the word "citizen".

The reason that the Founders wrote it this way, is that they believed in "FREEDOM."

You cannot have freedom for American Citizens, if you try to distinguish between "types of people" in your society. Because then, you'd have to ID everyone and "monitor" everything they do, to ensure only "some" people have these "rights", while others are "denied".

In that case, you end up taking away much of the freedom, the founders fought for. Like every American Citizen who looks Mexican, has Mexican heritage in his background, being stopped and searched in Arizona, because other people, called illegals, also look like them...etc...

That's why the constitution says what is says, and uses the word "people" and not "citizens."

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

14th Amendment ?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

14th Amendment ?

Former "Slaves" became "people".

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

14th Amendment ?

Citizens !!!!!

Citizens !!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I wonder if the people of illinois new this about him before he was elected . If so they get what they asked for . Must like being broke .

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

14th Amendment ?

Citizens !!!!!

Citizens !!!!!

Yes. And "Citizens". But, first you needed to become a "whole person", and not just "three-fifths" of a person, before you could become a citizen.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Are they declaring their own little Civil War with the USA? Frankly, seceding would save the federal government a lot of money as they continue to kill off their own citizens and hire mafia as leaders. Wonder why Obama isn't saying much about his "home" state-and arn't Michelle's family still there?

To defy a federal law will cause Congress to pass laws to punish them by removing financial aid-and Illinois has already destroyed their economics. They will have to capitulate-don't they know they are punishing their own people?

Well, they have shown they don't care about their own people, considering the draconian gun laws and rampant crime, and all the corruption. As for O, does he care about anyone at all? I thin that one likes chaos and mayhem, and seeing people suffer. Never, ever trusted him. Never will. That one is very "off".

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

If he did that,, he's basically violating the law. How can one claim it's against the law to follow the law? Makes no sense. I feel for you, having to be in a state where that happens. Not like we can all just ove whenever we want.

You are correct, too, that raising taxes for citizens is the only real way to pay for these criminals.

Its a 10th Amendment issue. If state law disagrees with fed law, state has authority as long as none of the other 10 amendments in the Bill of Rights are violated.

Immigration really should not be the big issue that everyone makes it out to be. The lack of jobs and over burdened welfare system is a problem caused by government melding with private sector. Re-establish a separation between business and state (just like church and state), and the economy should be healthy enough to handle immigration.

Gang violence is a problem with the justice system being too soft combined with the unconstitutional war on drugs.

We should never look to the feds to solve our problems.

In this case, it's a matter of national security, and that is in the purview of the feds. When illegals are getting more welfare than citizens, yes, that is a real problem. That there are other problems with the system doesn't ake that one stop being a problem. When these illegals form huge gangs, that there are other gangs doesn't make them less of a problem.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Say what you will about Rouner and Trump. It is democrats that made Chicago what it is today. Chicago is such a money pit that the entire state is suffering because of it. There are more people leaving Chicago than any other city its size in the US. They desperately need people to move there. The problem is that the illegals moving in won't be able to afford an $800,000 1,200 square foot bungalow in a neighborhood that will get you killed just by being there.

People in Chicago are screwed. All of Cook county is too. And pretty much the whole state. The only way to save Illinois at this point is to cut Chicago out of the state and make it stand or sink on its own. The rest of the state would be just fine without the boat anchor Chicago. If every penny of income earned in the city of Chicago went toward funding the city budget it would still be in the red because of the pension deficit. There is no way possible to tax people enough to get that city out of debt. It simply can't happen. So democrats and Rauner argue for months over school funding while Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel sits on a $500 million dollar fund only he can distribute to businesses who work on contracts in the city.

If Rauner signed that bill it was because he got something in return for it. We don't know what yet, but he didn't give in on that without something coming his way too.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I just did a quick check...

Chicago has:

$87 Billion in debt in 2016 - $63 Billion is pension debt, $24 Billion is current city debt

The Aggregate household income in Chicago in 2015: $82,587,680,700

If every penny earned in 2015 in the city of Chicago (before taxes and deductions) went toward the city's debt Chicago would still fall $4.5 BILLION short of breaking even.

Thank you Democrats. Well done.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I just did a quick check...

Chicago has:

$87 Billion in debt in 2016 - $63 Billion is pension debt, $24 Billion is current city debt

Every city in America keeps "two" books.

There's the accounting book that lists the debts held by the city.

Then, there's the accounting book that lists the assets owned by the city.

Last time I checked, the book of assets still exceeded the book of debts, by a fair margin.

All cities use a strategy of "hiding the wealth" and only announcing and showing the debts.

They do this so that they can cut the debt, through bankruptcy, instead of having to sell their assets to pay down the debt.

But, from an accounting point of view, all these cities are still in the black. That's why the system hasn't actually collapsed, despite the seemingly alarming high amount of debt.

The day that the debts of the city exceeds the actual assets the city has, is the day that investors will no longer buy bonds in that city. Then, the real collapse comes.

edit on 3-9-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

And Chicago just got dropped to junk bond status.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
Wow ... Illinois Republican Governor Bruce Rauner has just signed a law that prohibits state law enforcement from assisting federal agents trying to enforce federal immigration laws in the state.

There are two sides to this issue, for, and against. I must live in Illinois, and personally, I must say I am against this, because I work a job here, and the only way to pay for food, housing, and healthcare for illegals in this state -- which is already beyond bankrupt by the way -- would be to increase taxes on working people like myself.

Why should I pay for these people, who are already breaking federal law?

Illinois is going down the hole into the financial abyss anyway. What is the rationale for this by Mr. Rauner?

www.dnainfo.com...

Illinois governor J.B. Pritzker just declared an emergency and called up the NATIONAL GUARD, due to his Sanctuary State being overrun by a hoard of 500 illegal aliens!

Source: www.breitbart.com... s/

Sanctuary State Panics when 500 Migrants Seek Sanctuary... What a headline!

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Damn. ... and yeah, Illinois ... Illinois, and Pritzker.

We are kind of doomed. The wrong people are in charge, for sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   

9.22.2022 Illinois governor J.B. Pritzker just declared an emergency and called up the NATIONAL GUARD, due to his Sanctuary State being overrun by a hoard of 500 illegal aliens!

a reply to: carewemust

From a street level perspective I will say that it's getting more difficult
to collect things of value from the pavements. In general you travel
toward the locus of distribution, not necessarily expecting to find anything
at the locus; in doing so, you stumble upon your items along the way, just by improving the odds.

Lately the locus is inundated with street folk, sometimes crashed near the dumpsters.
Yes, migrants.
The nearby intersections are awash with handout persons not seen before, not in years, not ever.

A fed has been planted in the dispensary parking lot, positioned for video.
They don't want to miss out on the game either.

The lots are empty, in fact they are spic and span.
I am certain things still hit the ground
when thrown out the window.
It's just that there are many more human seagulls swooping about...

The trash cans and dumpsters are devoid of anything useful.
Someone fashioned a makeshift ladder aside one.
(earlier this year someone blew 9 rounds through the bottom front of
one dumpster...perhaps to allow fluids to drain?)

A few months ago this was not the case.
It's over. For me, it is over.
I'll always retrieve intended quarry
just like I'd pick up a coin unless something tells me not to.
These days there are many reasons to listen to your gut, however whimsical the message.
But the volume has plummeted. It is no longer sensible to mine this tunnel.

Even with the Huffy Handicap ( cops relieved me of my Schwinn Traveler and diagnosed me with an
'emotional attachment syndrome' on my front lawn, since it wasn't running, before paramedics
and firetrucks came back and hauled me off
for having related that 'smart meters interact w biology' ) I used to find stuff everywhere.
Body parts from cheap plastic cars worth a bit, which fall off the cheaply built cars.
Unopened bags w cough drops, food, sometimes cigarettes in a pack, tools
or money, coins and bills.

Since upgrading my vehicles, I am able to range much further.

Now it's just litter, wallets lifted and discarded. There's not as much iron laying about.
Should you find a gift card, the balance check yields only
'no scope match' and doubtlessly this attempt or 'act' is neatly etched on a soshcred file.

But hey, evidently I'm nuts, a neighbor said so, the second I warned of social credit.
It is just that simple. Even if we are at the whim of a minority of brain damaged citizenry,
their votes count more than ours....because the globalist DNC wants it that way.

# 1621

edit on 1-10-2022 by TheWhiteKnight because: and the nose rings, and the jewels

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join