It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois ... a sanctuary STATE? Governor signs new law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I didn't say you did..i was responding..sigh
edit on 30-8-2017 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

However you did say: thats one step closer to voter id....so are you for it?
Or against it?
Your context is iffy?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yeah. Color me stupid ... I actually voted for Bruce Rauner .... and now I kick myself.

Illinois is pretty politically hopeless.

I won't vote for this guy again.

Probably, I will just go third party from here ....

We have been sold out. Completely.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Interesting. That may be the only positive angle on this issue ... and I had not thought of that.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

It depends. I think automatic voter registration is good. I think verifying identity to vote is good. I don't think using voter ID as a means to prevent people from voting is good.

Ability to vote should be verified when you register to vote, after that I think just about any photo ID should be allowed to be used in order to verify. Last year we had nationwide voter turnout of 55%, why would we make it harder for people to vote when millions of people already can't/won't vote?

We're an under-represented nation and our distaste for our elected officials at every level is proof of that.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: seeker1963

Yeah. Color me stupid ... I actually voted for Bruce Rauner .... and now I kick myself.

Illinois is pretty politically hopeless.

Probably, I will just go third party from here ....

We have been sold out. Completely.

Don't feel bad. This is what they do. He is riding the tide of emotions and worried about being re elected. This is what they all do. It isn't about doing what's right but pandering the mob mentality to be elected again.

If I am not mistaken the States DO have term limits, but it's the Feds who do not. This is how our banana republic works now. Just looked it up, not all states have term limits for their governors and Illinois is one of them! Typical political groveling and ignoring the rule of law.

Wonder what our rulers would think if we chose to ignore the laws?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

To offset the productive people leaving, Illinois is putting in place new taxes. As of August 1st, 1 cents per ounce on every drink that contains sugar. 60oz jug of Grape Juice at Costco, is an additional 60cents in taxes. Mug of lemonade at Cracker Barrel is 20 cents in additional tax, per mug/refill.

More taxes to come as the death spiral continues...
edit on 8/30/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I disgaree entirely. I ran a company for 10 years where the owner hired illegals all the time...next to slave labor.

But if youre unwilling to prove youre part of the pool...why get a part of the vote?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I lived in 6 foreign lands in my 20s and 30s..i always followed their laws

How is it you support non participants in our process?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Why should I pay for these people, who are already breaking federal law?

Maybe because they are not breaking any state laws?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Yes they are..
They arent legally participating in the group.

Im happy to protect my own...as i have the resources...you want illegal people to topple the native economy..why?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I disgaree entirely. I ran a company for 10 years where the owner hired illegals all the time...next to slave labor.

But if youre unwilling to prove youre part of the pool...why get a part of the vote?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

If he did that,, he's basically violating the law. How can one claim it's against the law to follow the law? Makes no sense. I feel for you, having to be in a state where that happens. Not like we can all just ove whenever we want.

You are correct, too, that raising taxes for citizens is the only real way to pay for these criminals.

Its a 10th Amendment issue. If state law disagrees with fed law, state has authority as long as none of the other 10 amendments in the Bill of Rights are violated.

Immigration really should not be the big issue that everyone makes it out to be. The lack of jobs and over burdened welfare system is a problem caused by government melding with private sector. Re-establish a separation between business and state (just like church and state), and the economy should be healthy enough to handle immigration.

Gang violence is a problem with the justice system being too soft combined with the unconstitutional war on drugs.

We should never look to the feds to solve our problems.
edit on 30-8-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Dont worry . There may not be many more chances for a popular vote anywhere in Illinois . Officials will be "appointed for life"

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally from Illinois and recently visited the "State of Chicago" but far south of the city. I'm willing to bet that the republican governor finally got cooperation from the democratic controlled house to finally get passed the critical school funding bill by agreeing to this travesty.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

why would law enforcement care if illegals report crimes or not, reporting a crime and solving a crime are different things and obviously law enforcement in Illinois isn`t very good at their job or there wouldn`t be any illegals there to become victims of crimes that need to be reported.

aren`t the police overwhelmed with crime reports already and most reported crimes go unsolved?

surely the police don`t believe that they can solve every crime reported by illegals so why do they care that crimes might go unreported?

I suspect the law enforcement union wants more crimes to be reported so that they can demand that more police are hired and the union collects more money in the form of more union dues.

edit on 30-8-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
They have to draw residents TO Illinois somehow, since all the productive folks are leaving in droves due to taxes and imminent failure of State funds management. While the illegals won’t be making the salaries of those leaving, some taxes are better than no taxes is likely what the Dems there are thinking...

and the best part of that is that illegals won`t complain to the state about being paid $5 an hour and forced to work 12 hours a day.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
LOL!
Just wow.

That bankrupt, broke city.

And there sporting events every weekend...errr multiple murders....this is a great idea!

Not it mention MS-13 runs the drug trade there.

What could go wrong?

La Eme runs the drug trade in the US not MS-13.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
LOL!
Just wow.

That bankrupt, broke city.

And there sporting events every weekend...errr multiple murders....this is a great idea!

Not it mention MS-13 runs the drug trade there.

What could go wrong?

La Eme runs the drug trade in the US not MS-13.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join