It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your a time traveler

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
For any time travelers. Please go back in time. Tell the world in all languages not to expirement, war, create giant destructive weapons, not to become psychotic or calculated tyrants or dictators. To not pervert their simple understanding of life living off the naturaly growing land. Tell them absolute destruction will occur if they do not respect their beings, minds, families, tribes. Im so gritting my teeth and scowling like arthas the ice king from world of warcraft. Be glad im not in power.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

So not only do I have to be able to time travel to fulfill your wish, I also have to be able to speak every language and have a

mass communications device that will function in the past.

No one listened when I went back to 1898 and wrote FUTILITY , the Titanic still sank.
edit on 27-8-2017 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

If your a time traveler

We are all time travelers, at the pace of time. If it were possible to effect the past the future would have done that already.

So there are limits over there, too.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Naah they won't listen anyway. I would just go back to 2009, buy a sh*tload of bitcoins and wait till it's 2017 again.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Just for the record, there have always been people who've warned their people against those things. But since when do powerful people listen to the warnings or moral codes of those who they consider weaker than themselves?

Plenty of wives and mothers have also tried to warn their loved ones not to go to war, not to fight, not to invade this or that place, not to oppress this or that group, etc. But clearly, their words went ignored more often than not. And plenty of activists, protesters, and indigenous people have tried to prevent the expansion of various military empires. Our words are ignored, as well. So why would we assume that any of the powerful people throughout time would listen to the warnings of random people like us when they won't even listen to the warnings of their own loved ones and/or citizens?

Don't forget that many cultures throughout time have executed people for what they perceived to be witchcraft. And it's almost always been nearly impossible for common people to merely get an audience with the powerbrokers of the world. So even if a time traveler managed to speak the same language as the people in question, I doubt they'd even get the chance to hear the time traveler's words.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

No one listened when I went back to 1898 and wrote FUTILITY , the Titanic still sank.

That only works if Morgan Robertson wrote back then that somebody claiming to be Abe Forman would claim to be him today.

Tilt on both...

Wiki

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If I were a time traveler, I'd go back to the early 20th century to change curriculums to specifically teach about the difference between your and you're.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As you well know, The International Time Travel Operator Regulations (or TITOR) prevents that.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: intrptr

As you well know, The International Time Travel Operator Regulations (or TITOR) prevents that.

Over 'there' we can be everywhere and everywhen, but can't affect the outcome, anymore than we here as 3D denizens can change the speed of time.

It simply isn't possible.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
No thank you. Until modern history life was "nasty, brutish, and short". I certainly don't want to live in those days, we live fairy-tale lives compared to how most of human history has went.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
For any time travelers. Please go back in time. Tell the world in all languages not to expirement, war, create giant destructive weapons, not to become psychotic or calculated tyrants or dictators. To not pervert their simple understanding of life living off the naturaly growing land. Tell them absolute destruction will occur if they do not respect their beings, minds, families, tribes. Im so gritting my teeth and scowling like arthas the ice king from world of warcraft. Be glad im not in power.

I'm afraid everyone needs to expire at some time.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

See? The stuff happening right now? It wouldnt be because if we were successful in going back...we wouldnt be having this discussion because we wouldve fixed it....and it definitely is broken.

So we didnt go back...nor can...at least not now.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

But if they do come back, why bother to tell them anything? The world evidently survived far enough into the future for them to time travel. Besides, all they can do is look. They can't change anything otherwise they might disappear upon the spot, never having existed at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Cain and able days ? Days of Lot ? Days of Noah maybe...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I'll shoot Tutor an email and see what he can do.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
See?

This is what I mean.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My only problem is that I can only travel back in time just a few minutes at a time.

It sucks.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
When I went back in time (once) There was no language at all, just the middle finger jest and a hello wave, sometimes.
That was all I could understand of these peon pre humans.

They hated me.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Why would anyone believe me?

We've been constantly warning everyone in all languages going back further than recorded history.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I meant Titor, damn auto correct. My 4 hours is up but I'll see if he can fix this too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join