It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beachy Head evacuated after ‘unknown chemical haze’ injures up to 50 people.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

"Beachy Head has been evacuated due to a mist smelling of ‘chlorine’, which has left walkers in tears.
Police said up to 50 people have been affected by irritation to eyes and throats after the first reports came in around 5pm today.
Gas seems to have appeared in ‘an unknown haze coming in from the sea’, police said, warning people to stay away from the beaches and to keep doors and windows closed if living near the coast."

Beachy Head evacuated after ‘unknown chemical haze’ injures up to 50 people Read more: hbeachy-head-evacuated-after-chemical-mist-leaves-walkers-in-tears-

this is a developing story. guy talking to sky news reports 'plastic' type smell at the coast then streaming eyes and sore throat. he's 'never known anything like it'. coastguard say source unknown, but haze is blowing in from the sea.

interesting.
edit on 27 8 2017 by RoScoLaz5 because: spelling

edit on 27 8 2017 by RoScoLaz5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Chemical weapons testing?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
sussex police warning people to stay away from beaches and keep all windows and doors closed. wonder if this is coming from a ship fire? just had a brief look at marine traffic radar, no alerts visible in the area (i think - not used to the site).

www.marinetraffic.com...:0.1/centery:50.5/zoom:9

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Are there any oil platforms out there? How about an ocean vessel, maybe a tanker, cleaning its tanks?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Chemical weapons testing?

Unlikely in sussex.

Maybe a chemical spill from a tanker at sea.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Zombie apocolypse obviously, the injured take 3-4 hours to change. The outbreak will happen at the local hospital and spread across south east England exponentially. The UN declares the UK as a quarantine zone...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Are there any oil platforms out there? How about an ocean vessel, maybe a tanker, cleaning its tanks?

i've looked here oil and gas authority map and i don't think there's a rig nearby but again it's not my forte to read these things.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TJames

well, that's going to ruin the bank holiday

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Could this be a WW2 sunken vessel carrying chemicals that has finally corroded enough to leak?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

that's certainly a possibility i guess. we shall probably know the culprit shortly/eventually

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This really, really sounds like the opening scenes from some sort of zombie apocalypse movie.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Probably from all the so called "recycling" they dump at sea!

Video showing a pretty damn big cloud of gas and stoical Brits still sat there on the beach
(gas or no gas if there's a chance of sunshine we'll stick it out!)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Or an off shore terror weapon test?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Patient zero is sat on that beach.
...the outbreak quickly spreads to Kent, Surrey and Hampshire, reports of violent attacks increase, the MSM advise people to stay indoors and avoid infected people...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TJames

Quite
As much as I appreciated our occasional English sunshine I'd be off that beach in seconds....why anyone would stick around to get their eyes burnt out is beyond me

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Lol yes, I'd do one at the first scent of some horrible chemical, I don't like walking down the cleaning products aisles in supermarkets so it would kill my beach experience and I'd be off.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Beachy Head is know for it's very high cliffs.
People routinely got there to commit suicide.
Horrifically, it takes about 12 seconds to go splat.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Maybe lightning struck the salt water like a giant swimming pool salt water chlorine generator?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Horrifically, it takes about 12 seconds to go splat.

No it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Interesting.

It's these types of threads that brought me to ATS.

I'm curious as to what the mist is. I wonder if it's natural.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join