It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beachy Head evacuated after ‘unknown chemical haze’ injures up to 50 people.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Doesn't seem to be outside the realms of possibility.

What probably is though (tin foil hat placed firmly on) is weather manipulation. It often strikes me that UK Bank Holiday weekends are extremely lucky where the weather is concerned. It's long been a running joke in the UK that our holidays are beset by bad weather.

However, in the past decade or 2 i feel like this 'bad luck' has turned (a very subjective p.o.v. - not at all based upon empirical evidence). This weekend in question for example was bookended with lousy weather, but weekend itself was stunning - very hot and virtually cloudless.

The social benefits of such great weather on a holiday are obvious - consumers go out and spend money, returning to work happy and overall more productive (i'm guessing). It also distracts from political shenanigans, such as the Brexit bus coming slightly off its wheels this weekend with the EU telling the UK that its effort thus far to negotiate are very poor.

So, could weather manipulation have unpleasant side effects, such as this mist?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Could this be a WW2 sunken vessel carrying chemicals that has finally corroded enough to leak?

This is now one of the official explanation's apparently the site is littered with many wreck's so it is quite possible.
To my mind they are however investigating it in a kack handed after the matter manner, probably if it was a release of spillage from a floating vessel not a sunken one they know that they have left it too long to be able to identify the culprit now but wanting to bring the matter to a closure they have floated this as an answer and it is quite possible that it is indeed the answer, sunken vessel's decay and corrode, sunken cargo eventually escapes, oil and diesel mercifully usually only in small doses over time but a pressurized container would eventually rupture and a big release would occur in a short period.
Still your point remain's one of my favorites and also apparently one of official favorite explanations too.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

There's certainly something kack handed about it all. Whether that's because they're idiots, or whether it's by design we'll probably never know.

Their pursuit of the shipwreck theory does sound convenient. There's also an expert who claims it's a natural cocktail of chemicals.

The startling omission thus far is a statement that all ships in the vicinity have been checked.

edit on 2-9-2017 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Could this be a WW2 sunken vessel carrying chemicals that has finally corroded enough to leak?

This is now one of the official explanation's apparently the site is littered with many wreck's so it is quite possible.
To my mind they are however investigating it in a kack handed after the matter manner, probably if it was a release of spillage from a floating vessel not a sunken one they know that they have left it too long to be able to identify the culprit now but wanting to bring the matter to a closure they have floated this as an answer and it is quite possible that it is indeed the answer, sunken vessel's decay and corrode, sunken cargo eventually escapes, oil and diesel mercifully usually only in small doses over time but a pressurized container would eventually rupture and a big release would occur in a short period.
Still your point remain's one of my favorites and also apparently one of official favorite explanations too.

A sunken vessel may well be a convenient scapegoat for a transiting vessel that can't be proved to have leaked something chlorine-like. The authorities just close the file and move on.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The authorities just close the file and move on.

this is doubtless the case

edit on 6 9 2017 by RoScoLaz5 because: messed up

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
happened again ; metro.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

How strange!
I was reading somewhere on here a few weeks ago, in some released MoD documents i think it was that quite often these incidents were caused by experiments that drifted further than anticipated. Can't for the life of me find the post now but apparently these experiments were very common during and after the War. I seem to recall Norfolk was badly effected by a toxic cloud at that time which these documents mentioned

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
So did anyone ever find out what caused this incident?

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5
Methlab at sea?

Can you actually run a methlab in international waters legal?

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoThu, 28 Jun 2018 03:10:58 -0500am301020186 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
similar incident today;

www.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join