It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube is using blacklists to target specific channels

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Came across this video about a week ago and was expecting it to get a great deal of views but it only got a few hundred so I think it's worth sharing here. This guy ran some tests to see whether YouTube was targeting specific channels and not just using an algorithm which has the same effect on all channels. Very damning stuff and well worth a watch.

Recent Related News: Ron Paul (Liberty Report) demonetized
edit on 27/8/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Youtube is a business and has the right to block whatever they want.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This has been going on for at least a year. Like google , youtube is not a friend of the people. It is part of the same structures that are pushing the Agenda. Better alternatives are minds.com patreon and vidme.

edit on 8272017 by frenchfries because: video added

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I don't disagree, but they can at least admit it and not act like they're doing all this to stop terrorists videos which I've never even seen on YouTube.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Yeah I saw that video a few days ago as well and found it quite shocking where he scrolled through pages and pages of his videos and they were all demonetized... it's a level of bias that I find extremely distasteful for a large company that controls a large portion of the internet. Sure they're a private company but they could at least try to have some decency... wasn't their motto don't be evil, where the hell did that concept go, because it seems pretty damn evil to strip a person of their livelihood because they have a different political ideology than you.

Here's another good video from WeAreChange where he scrolls through page after page of his videos showing they've all been demonetized:

And here the image recently posted by Assange showing the Liberty Report videos demonetized: pbs.twimg.com...
edit on 27/8/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Surely YouTube can do what they like. They are a commercial organisation who run within their own business model, which is to maximise revenue.

YouTube is so full of dross anyway, so a bit tragic that people come to it for "news" and "enlightenment".

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They are a commercial organisation who run within their own business model, which is to maximise revenue.

Let me assure you, censoring content creators will do the opposite of maximize revenue.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Well I get sick when I think about YT/Google and the whole ABC companies , and I saw it coming from miles away.

I know personally people that got demonetized . Everything Alt-right is attacked right now , yes everything Alt is attacked and ATS is next !!.

Look I know that there is and was an enormous distortion of media and free speech (see the elections)
It's a war , for instance GAB has declared war on google .
I seems to me that it's time to move away from social media all together.

All is owned by a third party with an unknown agenda and that agenda is not to make money but to control the people the Truth and the past because whoever who controls the past controls the future.

My opinion : It's the 'swamp' that is controlling YT now.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

My opinion : It's the 'swamp' that is controlling YT now.

No, it's just some people who have a highly, highly misguided sense of justice.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Not long ago, if somebody wanted to have an internet presence, people builded their own web sites.
They didn´t outsource to YT, Facebook or whatever, just because it is so convenient and you don´t need to learn nothing, don´t have to do any work.

Create your own website and you are the owner with the rights, nobody would censor or block your videos.

If you want it easy, go to YT or similiar. Fill in your name, load up a funny little avatar pic, load up your videos and have fun with the censorship.

Or build your own website and don´t give a f about YT, Facebook and Co!

edit on 27 8 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

The reason people use YouTube is because there's already a base audience to consume their content, they don't have to advertise their website and attract a base audience. It's the same reason people use ebay to sell their stuff instead of creating a personal website to sell it.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Surely YouTube can do what they like. They are a commercial organisation who run within their own business model, which is to maximise revenue.

YouTube is so full of dross anyway, so a bit tragic that people come to it for "news" and "enlightenment".

Are you arguing that this business model has no place in the "for profit" arena ?

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

The reason people use YouTube is because there's already a base audience to consume their content, they don't have to advertise their website and attract a base audience. It's the same reason people use ebay to sell their stuff instead of creating a personal website to sell it.

It´s like i said, if you want it easy, convenient, without a bit of own work, then you have to live with the censorship of the owners of the websites. If you, let´s say, do your own investigative journalism and want to publish your videos to your readers/consumers of your work, they will find it.

If you want more people to watch your videos on your website, then you have to do a bit of work, advertising etc. I did something like this some years ago, needed to set a link one time a day and had more than 3500 visitors on day one. These 3500 watch and share your video, tell others about your website etc. That´s it. Not really work.

But if you maybe dream of becoming a "YT superstar", making a lot of money, you will have to dance to the music the owner of the club plays.

So, if you don´t want to make "big money"(or become "famous") but show some people your videos, it is better you are the owner of the club and can choose the music that is played!

And i never heard of people that got censored on e-bay, because of political correctness, political views, different opinions etc, while they tried to sell their old bike...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

And i never heard of people that got censored on e-bay, because of political correctness, political views, different opinions etc, while they tried to sell their old bike...

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I'm not sure what it is about your dry humour ,but damn it makes me laugh. I am not disagreeing with you I agree all the way.

I am far more more concerned as to why people are missing the captian obvious.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: paraphi

They are a commercial organisation who run within their own business model, which is to maximise revenue.

Let me assure you, censoring content creators will do the opposite of maximize revenue.

It's not about maximizing revenue anymore, Google (who owns Youtube) has enough revenue. It's about controlling what people see and don't see, pushing political agendas onto the public, and mass manipulation. Youtube is a very effective tool for doing so. TPTB have a very long history of using any media at their disposal to shape public opinion for their own purposes, and the internet is certainly no different.

Let me give you an example of what Google does:
Remember when Trump responded to the Charlottesville thing?

“Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,”

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence,” ... “It has no place in America.”
- President Trump

I did a Google search for "Trump condemns racism". Google didn't show me anything about his speech. Instead, I saw nothing but results telling me how Trump is racist, his presidency is failing, and he... get this... refuses to condemn racism.
Youtube works the exact same way. People search for videos of, say, conservative viewpoints, perhaps only to be bombarded with videos equating conservatives with white supremacists and Nazis.
I go on Youtube from time to time to watch random car videos or travel videos, just basic stuff. One day I saw that Youtube was recommending channels to me that were full of videos advocating homosexuality and gay pride. I have no interest in that and have never searched for videos on the subject, but apparently Youtube desperately wanted me to watch them.

Oh yeah... Use DuckDuckGo instead of Google. It doesn't manipulate your search results, track you, or record anything you search.
edit on 8/27/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I did a Google search for "Trump condemns racism". Google didn't show me anything about his speech.

that's because he didn't, he called them good folks and invented a word blaming that.

if you're upset his lies are being clamped down on just check the threads here, loads of people reinterpret what he says to fit their agenda then blame the media for not picking up on their fantasy scenario.

it's about time social media stopped retards posting lies it's not gonna stop them complaining here though, is it.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm not sure what it is about your dry humour ,but damn it makes me laugh. I am not disagreeing with you I agree all the way.

I am far more more concerned as to why people are missing the captian obvious.

Mission accomplished!
Make at least one other person smile or laugh, every day!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

tjeah... did it again , connected dots saw the whole won't do that again , too many rounds on the same block me guess. 3 misguided people at YT , the scapegoat. Time for yom kippur 2017 All those 3 men staring at goats so scary

edit on 8272017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

it's about time social media stopped retards posting lies it's not gonna stop them complaining here though, is it.

Yes, because Ron Paul is a "retard"...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join