It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube is using blacklists to target specific channels

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I'd list my credentials, but they're identical to yours,

and I'll be the first to say this doesn't mean you actually know ANYTHING. Specifically about creating a web browser that crawls the internet, to his post.

You think Google is using PHP? Cute.

Edit: Unless you mean the next YouTube, in that case go for it kid. They use could a smaller front end every day. Still hardly something anyone can do alone easily.
edit on 27-8-2017 by Gowdy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

however I also think he needed to step up the fight against terrorists in certain places so it's not entirely fair to criticize him for doing just that.

The war on terror is lost too. Empires always bite off more than they can chew, spreading themselves to thin, occupying more territory than they can maintain. Then come the refugees and the blow back. See EU.

The censorship in Media is downplaying (omitting) the real hate overseas (war for regime change) and supplanting that with "Trumped up" non issues at home.

LOL you guy.s are very funny
second line to be legal

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So, the fuss is about people making money, and now they may not get auto-cash that they want, based on the expectation their videos are attractive to advertisers.

This has freaked YouTubers out, even though YouTube has been behaving rationally by trying to connect advertisers to advertiser-friendly content. It’s not censorship, since YouTube video makers can still post (just about) anything they want.

An explanation

There are billions of videos on YouTube. YouTube exists to make money and not pander to the wants of people who believe that they deserve a slice.

I am not defending YouTube. I think it's crap. Fully of the junk and the worst that humanity can record.
edit on 28/8/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

So, the fuss is about people making money, and now they may not get auto-cash that they want, based on the expectation their videos are attractive to advertisers.

It's not "auto-cash" when they spend hours a day creating content and spent years of their life building up a subscriber base. I'm seeing huge YouTubers with hundreds of thousands or even millions of subscribers saying they simply cannot make a living off YouTube anymore. Your little "explainer" article is complete nonsense because the old advert program was working for a very long time without any problems, and also because less adverts on all videos means less money for YouTube. Trying to claim that cutting adverts from a vast number of highly popular videos will somehow increase revenue is utterly absurd, even if it didn't drive away content creators and consumers it still wouldn't be a profitable move.
edit on 29/8/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
It's not "auto-cash" when they spend hours a day creating content and spent years of their life building up a subscriber base. I'm seeing huge YouTubers with hundreds of thousands or even millions of subscribers saying they simply cannot make a living off YouTube anymore.

If people create content that is not consumed by advertisers then YouTube does not make money, so why should other people profit. It's a hard life running a business, and if your business model is not economic then it's going to fail.

I am not supporter of YouTube or Google, and I despise and fear their monopolistic power, but they are a business out there to make loads of cash, and not to provide livelihoods for an army dependents.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My youtube accoutn was terminated a few weeks ago for posting videos I get from twitter of ground battles between the SDF and ISIS in Syria as well as the tail end of the Mosul Op. The handful of videos that were flagged for deletion were re-uploaded anyways by other users.

Considering the only videos that had graphic content besides firefights and artillery/airstrikes I made age restricted, it kind of baffles me that they would flag my videos as violation when significantly harmful videos like actual police shootings and murders are all over youtube.

But little ol me, with all of what, like twenty subscribers and just doing it without monetization somehow was a bigger threat?? It was probably because i would use as many related tags as possible which made my videos show up on the most mundane searches. My highest viewed video had over 10k after six weeks, and it was a video from like two weeks before the end of Mosul of the federal police fighting in the heart of the city. Maybe Central command did not wish for me to re-upload publicly available footage of the helicopters flying over ISIS territory outside of Kirkuk without giving an explanation as to what was happening to the Iraqis?? Or perhaps it was the exposure of several military assets embedded within the YPG as alleged "civilian volunteers" they did not like??

Either way, clearly they were simply stopping me from continuing to report the situation daily after digging through the foreign sources that were reporting from on the ground there. I know I had some exclusive footage on that account that I don't even know how to find again. Even one of the twitter accounts I used to get some of that footage from was deleted, and he was an Iraqi soldier reporting from on the ground!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
This guy ran some tests to see whether YouTube was targeting specific channels and not just using an algorithm which has the same effect on all channels. Very damning stuff and well worth a watch.

This is good news, it means competition can finally enter the video upload space, by providing a service to those disenfranchised by YouTube.

Every obstacle is an opportunity.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I want to use the word ‘disgusting’ here for some reason. It’s almost unbelievable that a platform like YouTube can be running some cheap hacks like this to favour a few channels. All of a sudden, I’m not a fan anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join