It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Charlottesville Panel goes TERRIBLY wrong

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

edit on 25-8-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
false dichotomy promoted by CNN "nazis vs. the world" did not mesh well with adult Americans familiar with actual history.Hitler went to War with Russia, and it became Nazis vs. Communists, Hitler Vs. Stalin, and America was busy with Pearl Harbor and the Atom Bomb in the Pacific. While Americans and British fought the Nazis, and pretended Communism wasn't a problem, nonetheless, by the time America bombed Hiroshima, the communist spies were already stealing nuclear weapons secrets and setting up the platform that made communist China, and communist North Korea, and communist Vietnam, leading to the creation of Taiwan, the Korean War, the Vietnam war, even to the present conflict with a nuclear armed North Korea.

Which means, CNN, is backing North Korea, if we are to take their dichotomy seriously.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Have you ever heard the term red fascism? It's another term for Stalinism. Which is a term used to represent Stalin's fascist dictatorship. Where he killed more people than Hitler could ever dream of.

Comparing the anti Nazi protestors to Stalin is a severely uninformed mis-characterization.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Black_Fox

CNN is lazy, didn't take the time to get paid actors...The panel shows working class Americans are OK with Trump on most things.

Now the 6 corps that control 90% of what Americans read, hear and see not so much. The elite are not on board, and Hillary was supposed to be president. To the elite the world is simply spinning out of (their) control.

I may be a pessimist, but I am seeing everything going according to the elites plan . I am not seeing so much good news. Even with Trump supporters speaking the truth; the fact remains, those 6 monopolies are still in power, and they are still causing strife. The fact that they still have power at this point should tell you how much many are still asleep.

Kudos for CNN being proven wrong though in the OP, but I would not be celebrating when the blindside is in our own backyard.

edit on th2017000000Fridayth000000Fri, 25 Aug 2017 13:30:47 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoFri, 25 Aug 2017 13:30:47 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: CynConcepts

Were they speaking logically when they said...they got most of their facts from Facebook???

Great point! You have to be super-careful on Facebook to avoid crap, like this!

edit on 8/25/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Seriously, what is happening to people's critical thinking skills? I've accepted long ago that folks won't always watch a video before commenting, but is it too much to ask that you look at the thumbnail, at least? A quick glance before you get back to validating your pre-held beliefs?

Go back and read it:
TRUMP SUPPORTERS ON PRESIDENT'S CHARLOTTESVILLE RESPONSE

I don't watch CNN, I don't read their website, but this is plain dumb. They don't even have to put out fake news anymore, people do it for themselves.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I thought that was a d'uh -- even though the OP apparently missed the caption. Besides, I still liked the video -- the OP's commentary had nothing to do with it, for me anyway.

Especially the black lady. I liked everything about her freewheeling, government-distrusting style.

ETA: And I can't really blame the OP for being confused at the idea that CNN had a panel of (somewhat) diverse Trump supporters and gave them a platform to speak. You don't see that every day.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

Have you ever heard the term red fascism? It's another term for Stalinism. Which is a term used to represent Stalin's fascist dictatorship. Where he killed more people than Hitler could ever dream of.

Comparing the anti Nazi protestors to Stalin is a severely uninformed mis-characterization.

Perhaps, then its equally as absurd to relate skinheads to Nazis. Surely their death toll is no where near Stalin or Hitler? Just a ton of wannabes on both sides, who haven't had the opportunity to commit mass murder...yet.

Their goals are the same however, so the moniker still stands, IMO

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The takeaway from this is that Trump supporters are not monsters. That is legitimately what I take from it.

Good stuff, reign in the rhetoric, even if it is through own goals.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Yeah, I think they all seemed like good people. But on Youtube and in this thread I saw a lot of users instantly saying it was only because CNN forgot to screen them. I just think it's dangerous to attack blindly like that, exaggerate everything, and take things at face value just because you want it to be true. It's just gonna divide us more.

I'm not saying you did this, just talking in general terms.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I don't disagree.

I have learned to screen info for myself...especially if it is written/reported with clear bias against/towards anyone or anything. Almost always a red flag.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

My point was that Stalinism is not communism and can in no way be likened to anti fascism. Stalin was in fact one of the worst dictators we have ever had.

Skinheads relate themselves to Nazis. Which Is absurd in and of itself and they are actually proud of being Nazis.

Whose goals are the same? Last i checked there was only one side calling for civil war and hate towards others.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The real question is perhaps, which mainstream media TV-show character or host is gonna be voted in as president of the US next?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

How can you not see that the "elite" or at least one faction of the elite have already taken over the white house?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Cnn has actually done this a few times and they sound like fox fed sheep every time.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
Cnn has actually done this a few times and they sound like fox fed sheep every time.

Links?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hilarious how She uses the entire Hitler Nazi movement to take away ANTIFA obvious violent acts.....CNN has become bizarre.
Then Hillary Clintons paid agitators from George Soros should have been brought up.

Then the people are not smart enough to tell her to stay away from crazy NAZIS and KKK rallies.So both sides are looking for trouble.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

LOL, this is gold.

"Listen I don't trust anything the news media says"

Nor do I. It has only taken me multiple decades to realize, you can't trust religion, you can't trust the news! Wtf is up wid dis? Where is Walter Cronkite? Jimmy Swagert? Leave it to Beaver? Or were they fake too? No way! My bubble is busted.

Denny

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The way the CNN anchor was wedging the questions based on a right/wrong, good and evil basis, was itself wrong.

So good to see that every day average Americans are onto them.

Whoever stokes the fires of hatred and fear and loathing ie: the MSM, are in large measure to blame for trying to divide the country while attempting to hang the divide around Trump's neck like an albatross. It's pathetic.

And that lady was right that the police stand down was a failure to protect and serve.

Looks to me like civil conscious awareness is on the rise.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Wow, she was OWNED!!! That panel was awesome, and didn't put up with a moment of her directed BS.

Nicely done, to those folks!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join