It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House nixes plan for Trump to visit border fence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Trump's planned visit to the U.S. -- Mexico border is cancelled.

The plan was to visit and emphasize the new found success in border enforcement.

The ironic part....

The Secret Service says there are "security" problems.

([) Loud drum slam followed by a symbol-swish (])

White House nixes plan for Trump to visit border fence over 'security concerns' – keeping him at the airport despite being just 15 mi. from Mexico

The White House on Monday night canceled President Donald Trump's planned visit of the U.S.-Mexico border near Yuma, Arizona because of unspecified 'security concerns,' according to an administration official with knowledge of the decision.

Citing administration officials, Reuters reported Monday evening that Trump would 'visit a section of a U.S.-Mexican border fence in Arizona on Tuesday.'

The White House's official schedule for today, however, calls only for 'a tour of U.S. Customs and Border Protection equipment' inside an airport hangar and a meet-and-greet with U.S. Marines at Air Station Yuma, part of the same airport complex.

The president will never stray far from his custom Boeing 747, even though the nearest border crossing that could provide him a firsthand look at a border-control success story is just 15 miles to the west.

d(o_o)b

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The press would have a field day.

The wall is by no means complete, another failed campaign promise to hound him about.

He's not visiting Afghanistan either.

Maybe if he dropped a few MOABS along the US / Mexico border people would feel better?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Your best OP ................ever! Awesome. I did literally laugh out loud. Thanks for that I needed the laugh. I got really bad gas today.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Lol at all of those calling you a Trumptard, Trumpet, cheeto bag or whatever other Trump related insult they could dream up.

Hopefully now they will realise that we defended him because he had done nothing wrong at that point in time.

Ironically, the left types here are praising Trump for banging his war drums!

You can't make this sh!t up.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Lol at all of those calling you a Trumptard, Trumpet, cheeto bag or whatever other Trump related insult they could dream up.

Well, that's true, but it was consistent..and probably still is. Against the ATS rules mind.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I get the feeling that rules have been sidestepped to maintain traffic. I get to speak my mind therefore I have no complaints.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The plan was to visit and emphasize the new found success in border enforcement.

The ironic part....

The Secret Service says there are "security" problems.

What..the...#$%^%^ ?

So, we've just got success securing the border, and at the same time lost security to protect the president from seeing it?

I bet Trump could have securely visited the border when there was no security there at all.

How could more security mean less security?

That's like Al Gores Global warming that's making us all feel cold.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ridiculous!

Trump isn't going to EVER have a clue if no one lets him actually see the USA.

So far all he's ever seen are urban area's. (that I paid attention to anyways) Unless he actually SEE'S the scope of what he's proposing he's going to remain a clueless-cluck. It may be too late, but a driving tour of the US would do him a world of good.

YMMV

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I have just watched a vid where a Hang Glider distance record was attained, over four hundred miles in 11 hours. So what's a border wall going to do if someone wants to cross.?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I have just watched a vid where a Hang Glider distance record was attained, over four hundred miles in 11 hours. So what's a border wall going to do if someone wants to cross.?

They are going to put huge search lights on top the walls, shining straight upwards.

This will create a "wall of light" upto the clouds.

Anyone crossing this wall of light beam will set off a detector, and robotic drones will immediately fly out to greet them.

Did you not see the TV show called "The Colony" ?

Hollywood always puts "clues" into their films and shows about what's coming up in the future.

Pay attention.

edit on 22-8-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Ah! a wall of searchlights is pointless, because a hang glider rides the thermals created by the sun in the day time. Anyone looking at the sky if its timed right will see only glare. The Radar might pick up a target but if the rig is Carbon fibre, it will be thought of as biological. So after the pilot has soared to six thousand feet in a thermal on the Mexican side of the border, he could use the thermals of Texas to go just about anywhere, landing in a mountain range for a base jump for the next days thermals.

top topics

join