It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation is NOT possible and here's why....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Nope no such thing as the devil also. Just an excuse for the weak willed, when they should blame themselves for the bad they do...but they choose to blame Satan.
God is both light and the dark.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You prove my point.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Nope no such thing as the devil also. Just an excuse for the weak willed, when they should blame themselves for the bad they do...but they choose to blame Satan.
God is both light and the dark.

OK...... interesting....

So tell me what your beliefs are? Not to argue with you. I would like to know.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

You prove my point.

lol... i missed your OP

So i will have to disagree

edit on 22-8-2017 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Interesting way of doing the math
I don't believe in reincarnation because the math doesn't add up. Due to population increases. How do you start with two people ( or spirits) and end up with millions from those two? Where did these spare spirits come from if they were in another body before birth? The same two people ( or one person) would keep recycling over and over and be thousands of years old. Then it means there are hardly any spirits out there in the world. Makes no sense.

I didn't explain it right but you get my drift.

I think we are born as a complete set, sprit and body, we die as such. The spirit might go someplace magical, who knows.

As far those alleged memories of past lives, it's simply genetics, since we can inherit memory genes

And what about all those organ transplants where you might take on the personality of the donor. The spirit might be in every cell of our body. Break a piece off and a piece goes with it, as proven by when you cut off part of a leaf the aura remains around the full leaf, as if it's still there. Amputees get phantom limbs syndrome, as do paralysis victims. Maybe that's more physical, but I'm trying to say I think it's all one unit. It belongs to its own self.

I guess I always think of the spirit inside me is just my mind. Some think soul. You say spirit. A brain dead person can't operate their body. With some luck it might be revived though.

I'm tired and can't communicate well. Hope it was understandable.

Let's see what others have to say on the subject

What makes you think souls don't incarnate from elsewhere onto this planet?

Many souls from other galaxies ( and dimensions ) put on the spacesuit that we call the human body.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Also time means nothing you can be reincarnated back or forward or now.
Gonna have to pick being a dinosaur at one point...
It is a bit like pokemon gotta live them all

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

So... to paraphrase "Reincarnation is impossible cuz mah gawd"

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This would be an interesting discussion if everyone would use REFERENCES! Is everyone pulling this stuff off the tops of their heds and calling it truth? The only person here that's used any scripture to back up his statements was Disraeli (and thank you for that).

Hey, I'd really like to know where the evidence takes me but PLEASE use some kind of proof to back up your 'truth'.

I lean towards no reincarnation. But I'd really like to see some kind of proof one way or the other.

Scripture will suffice!

Now.... GO!

edit on 22-8-2017 by StallionDuck because: cant say head?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Why I think that reincarnation doesn't happen:

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

These people didn't get do-overs. They didn't reincarnate and live a better life in the 20th century.

Gen 4:8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
Gen 4:9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
Gen 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

If reincarnation was possible, GOD might not have been so upset since Able would just simply come back to life via reincarnation. He had a purpose and GOD loved him very much but since he was killed, Cain was banished and cursed. Cain was afraid of being killed. Why would he if there was reincarnation? So GOD gave him a mark so people wouldn't kill him. Cain could have just ended his life and ended the curse and came back.

From here it looks like we're made in the womb... Not reincarnation. We're new each time:

Job 31:15 Did not he who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same one form us both within our mothers?

Psalm 22:10 From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

What the afterlife is or isn't isn't the point. It's whether or not we are reincarnated to get there which we aren't.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Stuff like this always causes me to wonder if the writer ever wonders about the literally countless billions and billions of people since humans began and those in existence and yet unborn that never have had nor will have the Christian religion because they have another belief, or don't need one?

When you can drop your need to stick a religion into your thinking parameters you are on the road toward true enlightenment.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

When a human is born it comes with a spirit (of itself) within the physical body. A spitting image of itself and as the human body grows so does this "spirit".

This is the point in which I disagree with your assumption. Physical sexual intercourse doesn't create a brand new spirit/soul. According to Genesis, the spirit/soul was brought forth, not from the "ground" but from the breath of the Gods. The spirit/soul enters the body upon first breath.

The spirit/soul is eternal, the body is not. The body is a vehicle, in order to experience and observe "creation", to walk in Gods' Kingdom.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

So John the Baptist, well read and educated, who walked in the steps of prophet, as we are to do with Christ, so now John is Elijah?

Yup.

Matthew 11
A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 10 This is the one about whom it is written:
“‘I will send my messenger ahead of you,
    who will prepare your way before you.’
11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. 15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Yep, even Jesus taught reincarnation.

John 3
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

No one knows where the spirit comes from, but it certainly doesn't come from sweaty dirty sex.

edit on 22-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Sir, I disagree. You should read the complete works of Edgar Cayce....The Sleeping Prophet. When you do the research on Cayce and his abilities, I feel this will alter your thoughts on reincarnation. For a side note here........L.Ron Hubbard of Scientology fame was an avid reader of Edgar Cayce......Looks like old L.Ron may have stole an idea or two from Mr.Cayce. When he decided to write "Dianetics" in the late 70's early 80's shortly there after we were presented with The Church Of Scientology.....L.Ron Hubbards Ideas for his religion in my opinion came directly from reading the works of Edgar Cayce. I know I spell Dianetics wrong.......but I'm sure a lot of folks on here remember those damn commercials for the book.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The spirit is everlasting, exists outside of time and is only partially captured by a nervous system. It can be in multiple places at the same time so of course it can also be in different bodies at different times.

So sorry reincarnation is not only possible, it is inevitable.

Jaden
edit on 22-8-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

So John the Baptist, well read and educated, who walked in the steps of prophet, as we are to do with Christ, so now John is Elijah?

Yup.

Matthew 11
A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 10 This is the one about whom it is written:
“‘I will send my messenger ahead of you,
    who will prepare your way before you.’
11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. 15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Yep, even Jesus taught reincarnation.

John 3
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

No one knows where the spirit comes from, but it certainly doesn't come from sweaty dirty sex.

Neither of those speak of reincarnation. At best, it's only open to such if you try to interpret it that way but it's not referring to reincarnation in the sense that we come back to earth multiple times in multiple bodies.

John was Elijah in the sense that he had the same qualities. He had the same role. It wasn't the same person.

Being born again is being reborn in the spirit... a change of heart if you will, not a change of body. The only literal change of body is the new body you get after judgment. That will be the permanent everlasting body that doesn't die, and dwelling in heaven on the new earth.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Oh wait...another post claiming truth with only anecdotes and supposition to support it? Must be an Xtian.

You do realize that by the rules of logic, your gratuitous assertion can be gratuitously denied?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

If you're going to use the scripture as proof, dont nitpick. Show ALL of it so it doesn't show only what you want to see.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

As you can see... when Jesus was asked about being put back into a mother's womb to be reborn, Jesus corrected him and explained to him that it was a HEAVENLY message, not an earthly one. Being reborn isn't reincarnation. Jesus explained this in this very same passage. Read ALL of John 3. Not just what you want to see.

I should add...

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

More of John 3. Here he is black and white saying... You can have eternal life and not die but you have to believe in him. Perish is death.. no coming back. No redo. No take backsies. You get one chance. You don't get do overs. If you fail, you perish.

edit on 22-8-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The "spirit" is just our wireless operating system that "transmits" from our brain area.
Our bodies are just the casing and the machine that eats food and creates electricity that powers our operating system.

edit on 22-8-2017 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I do not want to charge the topic of the thread, but let me say that: 99% of the people have NO idea what the spirit is. In Latin you can meet the same word as well as animus or daemonion. There's nothing complete in this concepts. They are shell-less. Form-less. Like the word - "substance". They have their very exact meaning, but that is non-solid. Spirit is non-solid, non-graspable idea. Basically it is impossible to be OUT or IN the body because of the same reasons. That's why I am saying 99% of the people are on the wrong track. Literally everyone misinterpret this word in a way that it is not supposed to be used.

You can use the white body. (it has form)
You can use the word mind. (it has function derived from form)
But you can not us the word spirit like the other two. (its boundless, non-solidable, just like yourself)

Amen.

Your limitations are as boring and conclusionless as the Christians.

I can do what i wish...in any form.

And all of the forms whatever they may be are all on a path to Oneness.

That is just the way that it is....for me at least.

I do realize the incredible resistance to this...but I shall be victorious.

We wait only for a few others to do the same, but if they cannot join us..too bad so sad.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join