It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decide for yourself: 7 hour video of Boston protest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Now I have seen people all over ATS claiming this rally showed 40,000 people standing up to hate, or that it was peaceful, or that it was only against racism and not all trump supporters, or that only a small portion behaved badly.

I would ask them to show me where I was wrong in my analysis, and please post some of their own.

We now know that apparently not one nazi spoke at the rally, but look at had the protestors reacted.

We are entering a dangerous time.

Good luck on your endeavour. At this point every person who disagrees with you on the street is fair game. However Antifa like the numbnuts they are angered the Crypt gang or something like that in Dallas. The guy apparently announced that he and his gang are BLM supporters and told Antifa to # off. Antifas behavior comes off as just dangerously stupid and that they are still unaware of the fact that it's very easy to piss off the wrong crowd in america.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You are part of the problem.

Instead of calling out the event for what it was, a political troll, you want to point out how bad one of the "many sides" acted.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

Blonde chick had a Captain America t-shirt on. She clearly loves America more. Out-patrioted. But seriously, the reporter says people are upset because neo-Nazis were invited to be there. That's not *entirely* true but it's not *strictly* false either. There were people who are strongly associated with said neo-Nazis, including speakers from UTR, who were expected to be there. Aside from that, there were groups that were saying they were going to show up who weren't invited.

Ok this is a fair point.

Some of the people invited may have in fact been alt right, but I don't think it is fair to say any of them are nazis.
Invictus seems like a scum bag, but he was not allowed to attend.
And despite there being no actually nazis in attendance, we saw the crowd label all rally supporters there nazis.

And many of the protestor speakers quite openly admitted that all trump supporters, police, etc, were white supremacists. And the proceeded to discuss how it was life and death to make sure they couldn't speak.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It's a lot like shooting fish in a barrel. There wasn't actually another "side" there. There were tens of thousands of people, who, following the events in Charlottesville a week earlier, turned up to protest people who didn't show up.

So all that's left to do is comb through hours of footage and find examples of people acting like assholes. Were there lots of people there being assholes? Yes. Is it right? Now. Is it good? No.

But I'd bet with a crowd of tens of thousands of any group of people in a similar set of circumstances, you'd see exactly the same if not worse.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I don't want to try to guess or put words in your mouth. Please tell me exactly what you are trying to convey with this thread.

That the media lied. This protest wasn't peaceful, and the ideas being expressed their were very hateful, not love.

That 40,000 people showed up for whatever reason, and large groups of them used violence and intimidation to silence all dissent. And large groups of them cheered when hateful rhetoric was being said.

That these people were then celebrated as having acheived a victory over hate.

Show me 40,000 conservatives shutting down liberal speakers with ind=timidation and violence. Show me conservatoves silencing left wing speakers and the medi and police applauding it as a victory over hate.

My point is that the people in power; media, politics, academia, and cultural influential people all rightfully denounce the hate from the white supremacists, and yet celebrate a showing of hate by many in a crowd of 40,000, and that this will embolden hate on both sides.

Mark my words, as long as one side is cheered for their hate, they will grow and grow, and innocent people will pay the price (as some did at this rally). This in turn will make the other hate filled group grow.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

You are part of the problem.

Instead of calling out the event for what it was, a political troll, you want to point out how bad one of the "many sides" acted.

I think you are part of the problem.

Excusing the behavior of many opf the violent people in this mob because you think they were trolled.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

But I'd bet with a crowd of tens of thousands of any group of people in a similar set of circumstances, you'd see exactly the same if not worse.

I will guarantee that if Obama or Hillary or any left wing figure tried to have a rally, and a group of 40,000 showed up to protest it, and many in that group surrounded any Obama supporter and attacked them and forced them out, and in many cases that Obama supporter had to be saved by veterans or police there, you would say its a national crisis.

But when it happens to a right wing crowd, its just normal.

For some reason, when those white supremacists surrounded the UVA students, you thought that it was evil and disgusting.

But when a much larger group surrounds individuals from the right in a much closer and direct fahion, you say it is normal.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh and Police Commissioner William Evans seemed pleased with the day’s events and police response, as indicated by their remarks during a press conference shortly after 4:30 p.m.

As of the press conference, police had made 27 arrests, mostly for disorderly conduct but also “a couple” for assault and battery on police officers and other charges, according to Evans. He said some officers were hit with bottles of urine, and police tweeted that rocks were being thrown at officers. No serious injuries or significant property damage occurred, Evans added.

Evans didn’t attribute the bad behavior to rally-goers or counter-protesters, but rather a third group.

“Obviously I wish the troublemakers stayed away,” he said. “ … They weren’t here for either side. They were here just to cause problems.”

Evans said, “99.9 percent of people here were for the right reasons, and that’s to fight bigotry and hate.”

Boston.com
edit on 21-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I don't want to try to guess or put words in your mouth. Please tell me exactly what you are trying to convey with this thread.

That the media lied. This protest wasn't peaceful, and the ideas being expressed their were very hateful, not love.

That 40,000 people showed up for whatever reason, and large groups of them used violence and intimidation to silence all dissent. And large groups of them cheered when hateful rhetoric was being said.

Show me 40,000 conservatives shutting down liberal speakers with ind=timidation and violence. Show me conservatoves silencing left wing speakers and the medi and police applauding it as a victory over hate.

My point is that the people in power; media, politics, academia, and cultural influential people all rightfully denounce the hate from the white supremacists, and yet celebrate a showing of hate by many in a crowd of 40,000, and that this will embolden hate on both sides.

Mark my words, as long as one side is cheered for their hate, they will grow and grow, and innocent people will pay the price (as some did at this rally). This in turn will make the other hate filled group grow.

To me everything you post is hate. I see a huge difference between people hating people who hate than people who just hate. People hate the white supremacists because they are intolerant over superficial issues like race. People hate white supremacists because they are douche bags.

I just don't understand why you always side with the douche bags. People on the left never claimed to be full of love and peace. People on the left never claimed to be morally superior to the right. So when you complain about the so called far left shouting obscenities at the sensitive right wingers it seems like whining to me.

Your words are marked even though it seems baseless fears.

edit on 21-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Conservative activists cut short a planned rally in Boston on Saturday as thousands of counterprotesters chanted anti-Nazi slogans and waved signs condemning white nationalism.

The Boston Police Department announced on Twitter that the event, billed as a “Free Speech Rally,” had ended around 1:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon saying “demonstrators had left the [Boston] Common.”

Boston Police Department Commissioner William Evans said in late afternoon there had been 27 arrests, most for disorderly conduct, along with a few for assaulting police officers.

He added there were few injuries and no significant property damage.

Fox News

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

By this you mean, 10s of 1000s of normal people in the same space will inevitably turn violent?

10s of 1000s of violent people will turn violent yes, that much should be obvious.

The people you are defending are violent dumbasses.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Now I have seen people all over ATS claiming this rally showed 40,000 people standing up to hate, or that it was peaceful, or that it was only against racism and not all trump supporters, or that only a small portion behaved badly.

I would ask them to show me where I was wrong in my analysis, and please post some of their own.

We now know that apparently not one nazi spoke at the rally, but look at had the protestors reacted.

40,000 brainwashed people who are convinced hate = love. All sponsored by the media. You know it, I know it, and any sane person with common sense knows it. Pure insanity going on. Thanks for the thread, and the breakdown of events.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh and Police Commissioner William Evans seemed pleased with the day’s events and police response, as indicated by their remarks during a press conference shortly after 4:30 p.m.

As of the press conference, police had made 27 arrests, mostly for disorderly conduct but also “a couple” for assault and battery on police officers and other charges, according to Evans. He said some officers were hit with bottles of urine, and police tweeted that rocks were being thrown at officers. No serious injuries or significant property damage occurred, Evans added.

Evans didn’t attribute the bad behavior to rally-goers or counter-protesters, but rather a third group.

“Obviously I wish the troublemakers stayed away,” he said. “ … They weren’t here for either side. They were here just to cause problems.”

Evans said, “99.9 percent of people here were for the right reasons, and that’s to fight bigotry and hate.”

Boston.com

Yes thankk you for posting this.

So I challenge all of the people that watched; is the cheif statement accurate?

I saw time after time of Trump supporters being surrounded and attacked, and cops and verteans groups haviing to save the trump supporters.

I saw hundreds of people doing this, and the crowd cheering wildly and screaming at the "nazis" being attacked to go home.

So when even the cheif is lying, you have to ask yourself why?

Just like the MSM which celebrated this as love beating hate.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

To me everything you post is hate. I see a huge difference between people hating people who hate than people who just hate. People hate the white supremacists because they are intolerant over superficial issues like race. People hate white supremacists because they are douche bags.

I just don't understand why you always side with the douche bags. People on the left never claimed to be full of love and peace. People on the left never claimed to be morally superior to the right. So when you complain about the so called far left shouting obscenities at the sensitive right wingers it seems like whining to me.

Your words are marked even though it seems baseless fears.

yes I know. When right wingers are aattacked, its whining.

When left wingers aare surrounded though, its disgusting and shows how inflitrated the US is with nazis.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's a little like the boy who cried wolf.

We're seeing that the brainwashed masses spend so much time needing to cry about something, that they continue to fabricate a target for their crying. And the MSM is in on it. Schmucks getting played and used as pawns across this country and are completely oblivious to it.

Larger concern is we're now seeing the products of a worse educational system, one which now discourages against thinking outside of the box and on your own and instead pushes group think.

This video is basically 40K idiots crying and screaming about a ghost, something not there. They're so brainwashed they now believe anyone who doesn't align with them is a Nazi. Even to the point that blacks are Nazis and gays are Nazis.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Right, every thing that doesn't conform to the "both sides are equally to blame" or "the left is the source of all violence" memes ... is fake news.

Can't say I'm surprised, but I am disappointed.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

In Boston the evil Nazis were basically a few people who are anti-GMOs and for black lives.

Just more ghosts. Lefties are ghost hunting. Any little brush of wind and a breeze causing a leaf to turn over and thousands show up claiming a ghost.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
LOL ...

The "brainwashed masses" of right-wingers are crying about crying and whining about whining.

Must be a Monday.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Uh oh, look who's been triggered by facts again.

OP, get ready for another thread jacking.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Boston Magazine

Offering no evidence or specific details, the KKK is claiming it will have a presence at Saturday’s “Free Speech Rally” on Boston Common.

“I know some of our members from the Springfield area are going,” Thomas Robb, national director of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, tells the Boston Herald. “I’m assuming members in the Boston area are going.”

Robb did not say how many would be there, and says members would not “stand out” by giving Nazi salutes or dressing in robes. In other words, maybe they’ll actually be there, and maybe they won’t. Either way, he says, you won’t know.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join