It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House petition to label Antifa terrorist organization

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I would much rather have loud hate groups then quiet ones.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Problem: Antifa isn't an "organization". It's a label. Like being racist. Or being "religious".

Anfita is a label to describe a set of beliefs, values, and ideologies. People who feel they believe in a certain set of beliefs/values/ideologies call themselves "antifa".

You don't "join" antifa. You don't attend antifa meetings. You don't send money or attend antifa fundraisers. There aren't antifa spokespeople on TV answering questions. There isn't even a unified "official" antifa platform.

So, this is basically trying to label anyone with a certain value system/belief system as "enemy combatants".

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

It's pretty funny because all of us here are against fascism and fascists.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Problem: Antifa isn't an "organization". It's a label. Like being racist. Or being "religious".

Anfita is a label to describe a set of beliefs, values, and ideologies. People who feel they believe in a certain set of beliefs/values/ideologies call themselves "antifa".

You don't "join" antifa. You don't attend antifa meetings. You don't send money or attend antifa fundraisers. There aren't antifa spokespeople on TV answering questions. There isn't even a unified "official" antifa platform.

So, this is basically trying to label anyone with a certain value system/belief system as "enemy combatants".

You do not join antifa!

Antifa joins you!

Besides they are in a lot of countries like isis and al qaeda.

We gots some in Hong Kong. I took this pic in Central.

It's organized, political and violent enough to be labeled terrorists.

The freaky teacher that just got sentenced for her part in Berkeley seems to think there is reason to their rhyme.

Maybe we should take their word as truth.

Otoh, if they are just loosely connected thugs that show up to beat and attack people at political rallies, charge them as terrorists anyway.

Either way, they are losers.

edit on 8 20 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 8 20 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
What about the neo nazis and such they should also be labelled terrorists.
I wonder why people are not asking this already.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

That's disingenuous. There are no Trump supporters saying that white nationalists/supremacists (using WSN for short from now on) are 'good guys.' Seriously. Do you have any standard American citizen on record saying WSN are good guys? Please present them.

Sure there are. This video was uploaded by Mark F. He was a part of #LatinosWithTrump, a group which was controlled by Tim Clark and through him, Dan Scavino. The title of the video is what?

Trump Supporter Knock Out Antifa in Berkeley

Go ahead and give it a watch. That guy he's calling a "Trump supporter" is Nathan Damigo, the founder of Identity Evropa. Or perhaps you'd like this video, entitled:

Battle of Berkeley III: Patriots Defeat #Antifa

Pay attention at 1:32. That's Proud Boy, Kyle "Based Stickman" Chapman, along with Robert Boman of DIY Division, Nathan Damigo from Identity Evropa with some of their assorted followers.

Go ahead and watch that whole video. You'll see Chapman speaking (it's not very good) and later, alt-right social media celeb, Brittany Pettibone. Notice that nobody is actually stopping them from speaking. Notice too that they have militia guards. I can't make out the badges. After they're done all their speaking, then they head out for the fighting because essentially, it's just one big happy fight club operating under false pretense.

See, what's happened here is that Trump supporters have been getting played by prominent figures in the MAGA crowd on social media who have used the support for Trump to build their own brands. They spin these videos as "based patriot Trump supporters protecting free speech!" but in reality, it's a hodgepodge of extremists which is lousy with white nationalists and neo-Nazis.

I'm not blaming Trump supporters for not knowing. I think most Trump supporters actually abhor neo-Nazis but when they're being lied to, they end up inadvertently supporting these assholes. You'll be happy to know that there is currently a whole lot of infighting in this group now because McInnes (who's a Canadian btw), who has/had a column in the alt-right Taki's mag (a gig Richard Spencer got him), who *was* pals with UTR organizer Kessler (a Proud Boy himself):

... Cernovich and others have outgrown their allies and now see them as a liability. It's pretty funny to watch on Twitter. Here's Hunter Wallace (Brad Griffin) of League of the South (they're actually a neo-Confederate group — their flag is the black X on the white background) expressing his angst at being jilted:

Posobiec there is who I was posting about here.

Your examples from 2017 started with non-WSN speakers early on, like Milo Yiannopoulos and Lauren Southern. After the initial riots from students and antifa, *then* the WSN showed up to fight, but they were not invited. They invited themselves, just like antifa.

I'm tired. They didn't invite themselves anymore than they invited themselves to UTR. Lauren Southern is another opportunistic Canadian who is looking to stir up # to further her brand. She's also an Identitarian. Here's an interesting read at the (very far-right) Liberty Conservative you might want to look over:

Generation Identity And The Alt-Right: A Comparison

Furthermore, Identity Evropa possesses the taint of white nationalism that is so anathema to American culture whereas Generation Identity’s relationship to that particular political hot potato is much more complex. Nathan Damigo and his associates are unabashedly in favor of what they call a “white ethnostate” or “separatism.” On the other hand, members of the European Identitarian movement do not frame their political goals in such terms. They characterize their mission as preventing the “displacement” of “native” European peoples from their homelands. In short, Generation Identity deploys language often used by Native American tribes in North America. American groups such as Identity Evropa have a more difficult time asserting the “ownership” of North America by white persons in comparison because Europe was not settled in the same manner as North America. Moreover, Generation Identity focuses more on maintaining specific instances of European culture, such as “French-ness” or “Austrian-ness” rather than simply “whiteness.”

Anyway, I'll stop back in the morning and comment some more. I have a problem with Antifa shutting down speakers with violence. I have a problem with political violence period. But this whole narrative of "based patriots" rising up in defense of Trump supporters against the "terrorist" Antifa is a whole lot of bull#. And threads like this only demonstrate the blinders are still on when it comes to one side.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I believe masks should be outlawed at rallies. If you're proud of your cause, you have no reason to hide your identity. Just because they believe they're superheroes doesn't make it so.

No masks, no hoods. If you cant wear your protesting gear inside a bank, it shouldn't be allowed at a rally. Ever heard the saying you should dress for the job you want? If that were the case, Antifa are terrorists.

But no, these people are fringe lunatics. Antifa, KKK, BLM and the like are just lunatics. They arent terrorists. At least for the time being.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Ummm...too late dude...thats so...last administration...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

You're doing it wrong - shoot first, sign petition later - take out the terrorists where-ever you see them, you're either with us or you're with the enemy, there is no place for hate in America.

Guess how many political quotes I just made?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

That's actually not true you can join. They have a national website and often you can find them in particular cities as well. There on facedook and twitter. And to join your local groups actually requires them to interview you. Supposedly for security purposes. So everything you said was wrong. But oddly could apply to many white nationalists and Nazis since well they are banned from the net. And sires are shut down when reported.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
What about the neo nazis and such they should also be labelled terrorists.
I wonder why people are not asking this already.

Most are the FBI keeps a list and they are always near the top. This is why they are so hard to find on the net. The US govt can shut down terrorist organizations on the Web legally. The FBI does the exact same thing to ISIS.
edit on 8/20/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Except we are not an 'organisation' it is a decentralized synthesis of people, majority anarchists.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Except we are not an 'organisation' it is a decentralized synthesis of people, majority anarchists.

You find me a single terrorist organisation, except the Islamic State, that has a centralised command structure.

They don't. They have small, independent cells. Sometimes they have a figurehead leadership, but often not.

Just like Antifa.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

That is a bunch of bologna.

Antifa has a flag.

Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

You hava a name, a symbol, and a flag.

Doesn't get any more organized than that.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Individuals synthesising doesn't make an 'organisation'

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I see problems with labeling Antifa a terrorist organization.

One, it's criminalizing an idea. It's like acting as thought police.

Two, it won't stop Antifa. It'll put them underground, almost compelling them to act as a terrorist cell(s) or organization.

Our country should punish acts, not ideas.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I see problems with labeling Antifa a terrorist organization.

One, it's criminalizing an idea. It's like acting as thought police.

Two, it won't stop Antifa. It'll put them underground, almost compelling them to act as a terrorist cell(s) or organization.

Our country should punish acts, not ideas.

Part of me wholeheartedly agrees with this. I saw an interview with an Antifa supporter and he said they have no organization. He said they are people against white supremacy rhetoric and neo-Naziism.

You know how one-layer minded the left is. Their interpretation of the above would be that if you are against antifa, then you are a Nazi. That's just the way their brain works.
edit on 20-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2017 by queenofswords because: spelling and grammar corrections

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

We can't help the simplistic thinking of leftists, but we shouldn't criminalize it either.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree. We should criminalize the acts, not the speech.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join