It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House petition to label Antifa terrorist organization

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

A petition urging the Donald Trump administration to formally classify the Antifa movement as a terrorist organization has been launched on the White House website.

The White House is obliged to review the initiative if it reaches the benchmark of 100,000 signees by September 16

The author of the petition said ant-fascists should be recognized as terrorists because of their “violent actions in multiple cities and their influence in the killings of multiple police officers throughout the United States.”

He added that "terrorism is defined as the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims,”

Source
Link to sign petition
This is good to see. It's time we start treating terrorists like terrorists. Antifa has by definition engaged in terrorism many times, by using violence, destruction, threats and intimidation across the country to further their political goals. This is unacceptable in any modern, free civilization and needs to stop. If you agree, sign the above petition. We're only two days in to it, and it's already just about halfway to the necessary amount for the White House to respond. As of right now, that's 31,179 of 68,821. 100,000 signatures are needed for an official White House update within 60 days.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Wait. Can anyone submit a petition like this to the whitehouse ?
If we can then I am going to submit one to have WS and nazi groups
labeled as terrorists too. Lets clean house guys!

Ps: I do not condone the actions of antifa.
edit on 19-8-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

They tried that with BLM and failed.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I have no love, admiration, respect, or even regard for Antifa and even I think this is a bad idea.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This should get signed in record time.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Amazing to see that the petition for Trump to release his tax returns garnered over a million signatories. Something that means nothing to the Federal Government (well , except the IRS) . Yet only 30,000 for an Anti-Constitutional hate group ?
I am signing later and getting the word to everyone I know.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Wait. Can anyone submit a petition like this to the whitehouse ?
If we can then I am going to submit one to have WS and nazi groups
labeled as terrorists too. Lets clean house guys!

Ps: I do not condone the actions of antifa.

Feel free. That absolutely is the case.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986
Best post of the Century.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I have no love, admiration, respect, or even regard for Antifa and even I think this is a bad idea.

Agreed, the more attention we give these groups the more it fuels them.

These groups have always existed.... The media just started sensatuonalizing them.

This is what they wanted, a platform. And the country is giving it to them.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't understand why a petition is needed.

You would think in a rational society their behavior and rhetoric should be enough for them to be seen as such without a formal declaration from the Don.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We need to be very careful on how we apply the label "terrorist", or pretty soon we'll all be labeled one.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

You would think in a rational society their behavior and rhetoric should be enough for them to be seen as such without a formal declaration from the Don.

Second best post of the Century
Answer - voters . the young , ignorant vote
Pure and simple.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Amazing to see that the petition for Trump to release his tax returns garnered over a million signatories. Something that means nothing to the Federal Government (well , except the IRS) . Yet only 30,000 for an Anti-Constitutional hate group ?
I am signing later and getting the word to everyone I know.

The IRS petition has been active since January 2, 2017.

The AntiFa petition was started August 17, 2017.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

Because the FBI already has dossiers on all these groups.

When we give them the platform and attention is free recruitment advertising.

There are enough lost souls to see something and have it glorified who will jump on board.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Begs the question, for anyone who doubts globalist. statist involvement behind the scenes,
what powderkeg is entrenched in place and dangling this fuse.

I am guessing there are others who perceive this concern.

This move was planned for, anticipated, from square one.

I wonder if any religious folk are welcome among the ranks.
Just in case they were to need cover, oops I mean sanctuary!
Sanctuary from
from the freedom hating nazis, of course.

hmmmm.

All at once a dream where there was a flood lighted chalk white babylonian palace that looked like the set of
a future release of POTA, with a huge coal black gorilla three stories high dancing in front near the entrance, over lighting from the ground, and casting undulating dark shadows against the white angled terraces, to the top of the tapered structure, and inside, in a glass cage, was a heavy naked guy with red hair, obviously Trump, performing against his will to a hard epicurean crowd, which bothered me until three harlots approached, and tried to distract me, but I decided instead to move to a different lounge pit, where I gave my attention to three abandoned black puppies, makes sense.

And I can still hear the music...it was like the entrance to hell. To some it was a warning. To others, a call.

Bottom line: This is what they hoped for during Obama's two terms, but too few took the bait,
not even an assassination attempt.

Instead, they gave us a third, invisible, Obama race baiting term,
by showing Trump who is the real boss around here.
And showing us all. Trump was not supposed to win.
They are furious.
antifa is their new credit line.

# 857
edit on 19-8-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Antifa is a ridiculous organization, but anyone who doesn't understand that this would just further bury Trump in the quicksand doesn't have a grip on reality.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
:53 in this video:

Two groups line up for battle. On the left, we have Antifa. On the right a coalition of Proud Boys, various neo-Nazi groups and other violent right-wing extremists.

Somehow those on the left side are "terrorists" but those on the right side are the "good guys" according to the average Trump supporter. Why? Because the average Trump supporter has been fed a steady diet of bull# when it comes to what's been going on. I've repeatedly seem comments from reasonable people, trying to explain how the existence of the group on the right is a reaction to those on the left attacking Trump supporters in 2016.

Except that's not really true. The reality is that the Antifa and neo-Nazis have been battling all over for a long time, particularly out West:

This is Pomona, California in 2011:

This is outside the Los Angeles City Hall in 2010:

Here we are at the "America First Rally" (yea, you like that?) in Phoenix, AZ in 2009. Once more, it's NSM vs Antifa:

edit on 2017-8-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm going to play devils advocate for a second.

The extreme members may stick up for either side depending on their lean. Most members don't justify the actions of the extremist groups that claim to represent their spectrum, but try and villainafy the other.

I know your posts often are either anti right, or pro left, but that's for you to define. That being said I see a lot of logic in your posts, and while I may disagree, I can certainly see where you're coming from. Not everyone is as articulate as you, and we're in the midst of a very polarized and disgruntled society for many good reasons.

Our government is corrupt to say in the nicest of terms. So citizens of all spectrums feel their voice isn't heard. I think many people have tried peacefully to voice their opinions, yet they fall on deaf ears.

The situation of alt right vs far left is a proxy war everyone is picking sides on, and I don't think that's healthy.

If we want to be a community and come together as a society, we have to set differences aside and talk productively. That being said I don't have much hope in it. But we all must recognize when we take an extreme stance, or belittle someone for theirs, it just adds to the polarity.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Somehow those on the left side are "terrorists" but those on the right side are the "good guys" according to the average Trump supporter. Why? Because the average Trump supporter has been fed a steady diet of bull# when it comes to what's been going on.

That's disingenuous. There are no Trump supporters saying that white nationalists/supremacists (using WSN for short from now on) are 'good guys.' Seriously. Do you have any standard American citizen on record saying WSN are good guys? Please present them.

When we are calling antifa a terrorist group, it's from when they go after non-WSN rallies, protests and college speeches. It's because antifa has decided that someone presenting a differing opinion on tax policy, military action, gender studies, or free speech on campus meets their criteria as a 'fascist' and must be shut down.

Your examples from 2017 started with non-WSN speakers early on, like Milo Yiannopoulos and Lauren Southern. After the initial riots from students and antifa, *then* the WSN showed up to fight, but they were not invited. They invited themselves, just like antifa.

And honestly, at that point antifa can be as anti-fascist as they want to, so long as they are prepared to get as good as they give. Personally I think it's better to ignore the WSN and other skinheads because they have no real power.

I've repeatedly seem comments from reasonable people, trying to explain how the existence of the group on the right is a reaction to those on the left attacking Trump supporters in 2016.

Except that's not really true. The reality is that the Antifa and neo-Nazis have been battling all over for a long time, particularly out West:

This is Pomona, California in 2011:

This is outside the Los Angeles City Hall in 2010:

Here we are at the "America First Rally" (yea, you like that?) in Phoenix, AZ in 2009. Once more, it's NSM vs Antifa:

I would argue that the rise in visibility of WSN is because of the media trying to brand Trump as a racist. No one really cared about WSN and antifa fighting each other before Trump. Your other videos are from 2011, 2010 and 2009. Notably, Trump was not President at that time.

It wasn't until 2016 when average American citizens began going to Trump rallies that we started seeing antifa groups showing up and declaring their ideological opponents to be fair game. And when antifa groups start working to shut down other people's freedom of speech, they become like the fascists they claim to hate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join