It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More of a series of questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
More of a series of questions rather than a rant, since I get...emotional. (Check previous replies for details, lol) Maybe you fine folks can help me?

1. When did disagreeing with someone make one an enemy?? I was under the impression that disagreement leads to debate and reasoning.

2. Why are so many researchers of the ultra conservative, religious bent?

3. When did insulting another become the preferred method of debate? ( Libtard, librul, snowflake, SJW, bleeding heart, nut, Bieber fan)

4. Why, on a site open to alternative ideas, is any idea counter to pet theories shouted down, or worse, responded to with a nope? I once made mention of the fact that there is circumstantial evidence LHO did indeed shoot JFK. Response? "nope"? I thought evidence and reason were the name of the game here.

5. Why, in tha name all that is holy, is being a.) pacifist, b.) atheist and c.) liberal equated with the greatest crimes a man can commit?

6. How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll centre of a Tootsie Pop?

7. Why is everyone from a left-leaning stance considered a Soros Agenttm? Is it really just an evolution of the old "agent, shill, disinfo!" nonsense?

8. Why do fools fall in love?

Seriously....there are times I despair of ever getting proper research done or getting in actual discussions that don't devolve into playground fights. ARRRRGH!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkenMimeMaster

As a former clergy, I'm sure you're familiar with the verse...

2 Timothy 4:3 & 4...

3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

It's no different in the secular world.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

That actually answers none of my questions, but ok.....

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
6. How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll centre of a Tootsie Pop?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This too shall pass.
How do I know ?
I was in the last major struggle of the people in this country .
We had white supremacists - that doesnt change
We had BLM - Black Panthers , etc.
We had Anti-FA - Communist Party
The only difference - we protested an unjust war. Peacefully . We were met with violence from the other sides and our own authorities .
Came out of that one. Will come out of this one , too
Got the scars and the tie-dyed T-Shirts to prove it...the "bell bottoms" as well.
Peace at all costs

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Maybe 2 Timothy 3:1-4 can explain...

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

We're living in a day and age where no one is held accountable for their words or actions, they're not taught HOW or WHY they should be respectful, today's model says that what we feel is more important than facts. What else do you expect from a fallen world that has all been....predicted and prophesied about?

edit on 19-8-2017 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkenMimeMaster

It does . Every single question . Except the tootsie roll pop and that has already been answered as well

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
42, of course!

edit on 19-8-2017 by Starcrossd because: added link

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If it was an actual prophesy and not something one can see looking out one's window, I might have feelings on it. But what i'm referring to is an actual shift in the community. There was a time when, while not perfect, it was better than this. And gods need not pply - much of what I'm bewailing actually comes from the religious.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The shift was all explained in 2 Timothy 3:1.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Chemistry. The body responds to unseen forces that wield incredible power over us. When 2 fools meet, invisible perceptions automatically kick into play, scanning the other and telling us much more than we realize about a person. If the senses are agreeable, chemical reactions begin firing our synapses and dumping dopamine and other intoxicating compounds into our system..making desire irresistible!

..! I'm just making sh%$ up today haha

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As far as society as it is now.. I don't know where all this present madness comes from OP..
We need a rest button.. the system has become to corrupted for a patch.
Sometimes I wish I could see the future.. right now, it looks like something truly catastrophic will be needed to knock some sense into people.. I keep envisioning a peaceful return to normal civility and thinking, but.. I don't see what would do that.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

But don't think it'll stop them throwing verses at You... "Here, it says it right here..."

Maybe they didn't read Your signature???

It'll ALL work out in 'the end'. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't 'the end'..

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Yes, I read his signature and I think it's a prime example of what he complains about in others, even though he's a confessed former CLERGY!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71

One,
Twoooo
Three

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

More of a series of questions rather than a rant, since I get...emotional. (Check previous replies for details, lol) Maybe you fine folks can help me?

1. When did disagreeing with someone make one an enemy?? I was under the impression that disagreement leads to debate and reasoning.

2. Why are so many researchers of the ultra conservative, religious bent?

3. When did insulting another become the preferred method of debate? ( Libtard, librul, snowflake, SJW, bleeding heart, nut, Bieber fan)

4. Why, on a site open to alternative ideas, is any idea counter to pet theories shouted down, or worse, responded to with a nope? I once made mention of the fact that there is circumstantial evidence LHO did indeed shoot JFK. Response? "nope"? I thought evidence and reason were the name of the game here.

5. Why, in tha name all that is holy, is being a.) pacifist, b.) atheist and c.) liberal equated with the greatest crimes a man can commit?

7. Why is everyone from a left-leaning stance considered a Soros Agenttm? Is it really just an evolution of the old "agent, shill, disinfo!" nonsense?

Seriously....there are times I despair of ever getting proper research done or getting in actual discussions that don't devolve into playground fights. ARRRRGH!!!

Well... Nothing will really resolve itself in this world. But clarity will be reached in the next one.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Why, on a site open to alternative ideas, is any idea counter to pet theories shouted down,

ATS is just as infested as the rest of internet.

L Ron Hubbard used the CIAs mind control manual to drive Scientology this way.

One of the tenants of Scientology to keep the truth buried is to attack detractors by discrediting them, done with insult and ridicule, attacking bad data, turning them into dead agents, etc.

Leah Remmi's recent series exposing Scientology goes into this.

Never address an issue, always switch out to another issue, ignore it completely, just attack bad data, etc.

The 'coordination' here among certain members on certain threads is blatantly covert.

"Dead Agent" status

edit on 19-8-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

As a former clergy, I'm sure you're familiar with the verse...

2 Timothy 4:3 & 4...

3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

It's no different in the secular world.

After the Nazis put on their book burning ceremonies, Goebbels addressed the crowd in speeches saying, "In the future men will no longer be men of books, but men of will" (paraphrased)

IOW, bullies and thugs.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd
Deep thoughts there!

edit on 19-8-2017 by abago71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

It gives you a reason as to why such questions must even be asked. It gives you the reason why people react the way they do towards certain answers, et cetera. Yeah,he answered it. Perhaps a bit archaically, but nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

join