It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE COVERAGE: Boston Free Speech Rally & Protests

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The dallas feed is getting heated

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
The dallas feed is getting heated

Let's hope for a turn for the better.

We don't need more violence.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It's a funny thing, this white pride. I'm proud not to sit in this self loathing bubble of materialism to delude myself with the warm belly feel for things I didn't achieve personally, in a cult centered around shallow crap and loaded with propaganda.

Prussians don't shoot that fast, and the Frisian inside of me asks if he can have that in his pipe. There's whole universes in eyes alone...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Simon_Boudreaux

Looks like lynch mob.

Its amazing the klan used hide their faces now the other side does.

It was peaceful until the ones with their faces covered showed up.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

To be fair when I went the violence between Northern Ireland and Ireland was over. The IRA had settled down into the black market and it was just before Ireland's tech boom so it was still pretty rural outside of Dublin and Shannon.

I don't know that others have had that same fortune.
edit on 8/19/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Tempter
Okay, here's a thought. If the media didn't demonize white pride and exalt all other pride then the crowds sizes would've been more equal.

*It's EASY to come out against Nazi's. But if this were simply a white pride event, I suspect (after Charlottesville) the crowds imbalance would've been the same.

** That is, if the media, educational institutions and modern leftists didn't make it a thought crime to be a proud white man.

Thoughts?

The problem with white pride is that it extends beyond pride in the culture you come from, to the hatred of other cultures.

I'm Irish, 1st generation American on my Irish side, still have family in Ireland and have been lucky enough to go there several times. I can't describe the feeling I had the first time I put my bare feet on Irish soil or the pride I felt seeing all the ancient architecture, how small and young I felt as an American and the sorrow of what humans can do to each other in the name of God. I am immensely proud of my heritage.

Why does the White Pride movement which is owned by the KKK and other Supremacist groups have to extend into violent rejection of people of color and non Christians?

It might extend beyond pride for some people, but not all. Careful, because you're painting with a broad stroke there.

Why can't I be simply proud of my forefathers? Why can't shows on TV refer to someone as a strong white man?

The double standard is infuriating.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

To be fair when I went the violence between Northern Ireland and Ireland was over. The IRA had settled down into the black market and it was just before Ireland's tech boom so it was still pretty rural outside of Dublin and Shannon.

I understand, you have white pride. AKA Irish pride. And you have visited your ancestral homeland, and have enjoyed that time.

But neither one of us know if others who claim ethnic pride have visited their ancestral homeland and support them.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Aren't you glad those places of history where you felt such pride while there were preserved for you, a descendant to enjoy and learn about your ancestral heritage?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Myself would be included in that brush stroke, I'm proud of my heritage.

Why can't I be simply proud of my forefathers? Why can't shows on TV refer to someone as a strong white man?

Good question, why can't you? Your heritage is all around you... there's monuments to our founding everywhere. Why do (if you do, it seems you do) feel that if a black person celebrates their heritage that means they don't want you to celebrate yours or that you feel you can't?

Now a question for you. As a white person, why can't I both be proud of my Irish heritage and value the culture of others at the same time? I grew up with Honduran neighbors and I love their music, their clothes, their food, their language which I sadly never picked up. I grew up with a lot of black people too and similarly love their culture. Why do I get considered to be a race traitor by some? Or accused of white guilt or identity politics for defending people I love?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Is it necessary to visit your homeland to have pride in it? Even if it's ravaged?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

There's no monuments to the British nor to Protestants in Ireland. There's no monuments to the Irish nor to Catholics in the North.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Is it necessary to visit your homeland to have pride in it? Even if it's ravaged?

I think so. Me, I'm an American, 3rd gen, on one side and Lakota nation on the other, plus recent going back at least 4 generations.

So to me I'm in my homeland. But any hyphenated American to me is not.
Perhaps a conversation left to a different topic, or thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74.

Why does the White Pride movement which is owned by the KKK and other Supremacist groups have to extend into violent rejection of people of color and non Christians?

Because for some weird reason you are allowing the KKK and other Supremacist groups to "own" white pride.

Why are you giving them so much power to define the world you live in?

You know who owns "white pride"? You do if you want it.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I think so. Me, I'm an American, 3rd gen, on one side and Lakota nation on the other, plus recent going back at least 4 generations.

So to me I'm in my homeland. But any hyphenated American to me is not.
Perhaps a conversation left to a different topic, or thread.

I look forward to one, you start it... lol

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I can't ignore their tactics or rhetoric because they play them out sometimes with violent action.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I must be chopped liver since you didn't respond to me!

I'll get over it.

Anyway, anyone have links to new live feeds?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

You have a link?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Here is a Dallas feed.

Unbelievable, I guess they had a Nazi rally to protest there too.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: bknapple32

You have a link?

Here is one from Dallas. They have horsies.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Thank you sir. And Perfectenemy.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63 >>

join