It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE COVERAGE: Boston Free Speech Rally & Protests

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: JinMI
I'm just getting caught up but who is promoting the free speech rally and who is opposing said free speech rally?

See that question isnt even valid from the start.

It wasnt a "free speech rally"

Thats what they called it, but we both know thats lipstick on a pig. They distastefully used that title to hide their true intentions.

It was a white supremacist rally.

What tripe.

I have watched all day.

Show some evidence or

I never knew we had so many psychics on ATS. It must be a wonderful ability---to "know" what is happening so that one doesn't have to believe their lying eyes and ears. To "know" that this was a white supremacist rally even though it was advertised as a Free Speech Rally. How do you suppose the supremacists knew to go there?

Oh, I forgot---it must be that dog-whistle thingie the radicals keep chatting about....
I suppose there must be some code or something that only radicals can recognize?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
these people are literally preaching to the choir. I still fail to see what is going on here.

And my pizza is taking forrrrever

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
See. This is why I stepped away and will do so again.

We cannot even have discussions about things because too many of you have an agenda to twist anything and everything you can to fit your individual narratives.

Well, not individual narratives. Most of you have the same agenda and spit the same narratives. That is the product of being exposed to very specific propaganda.

One member even turned on Trump because he tweeted something positive for once and said he was bowing to the other side.

The derp in here is astounding.

Well be the change you seek in others

link   
Over a thousand replies on this thread in half a day....... congratulations to everyone here who made this happen without a drop a blood spilled. Plus we got a shout out on the live feed.

link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

I'm just getting caught up but who is promoting the free speech rally and who is opposing said free speech rally?

See that question isnt even valid from the start.

It wasnt a "free speech rally"

Thats what they called it, but we both know thats lipstick on a pig. They distastefully used that title to hide their true intentions.

It was a white supremacist rally.

What tripe.

I have watched all day.

Show some evidence or

I never knew we had so many psychics on ATS. It must be a wonderful ability---to "know" what is happening so that one doesn't have to believe their lying eyes and ears. To "know" that this was a white supremacist rally even though it was advertised as a Free Speech Rally. How do you suppose the supremacists knew to go there?

Oh, I forgot---it must be that dog-whistle thingie the radicals keep chatting about....
I suppose there must be some code or something that only radicals can recognize?

Wait, I thought the supremacists didn't show up and it was a great victory?? So which is it, were they at the rally or not??
edit on pm88201717America/Chicago19p06pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

We cannot even have discussions about things because too many of you have an agenda to twist anything and everything you can to fit your individual narratives.

Well, not individual narratives. Most of you have the same agenda and spit the same narratives. That is the product of being exposed to very specific propaganda.

One member even turned on Trump because he tweeted something positive for once and said he was bowing to the other side.

I'll take this as you self suppressing your speech. I hope it is not rewritten as posters here suppressing your rights and shutting you down.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So taking the highground by stepping away, but not before tossing in some jabs in before you go and assuming moral supremacy? Cmon buddy, you can patch together a better plan.

Was today a victory for free speech? Did anything happen today that would actually go to shutting back out the white supremacy ideology?

Being honest, this only furthered the divide.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I watched most of the feed today...and the only white supremacist I saw was the black guy who said he supported Trump.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
NVM... I guess people had to resort to the report button.
edit on 8/19/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

link   
*sigh*. Alrighty. Good luck everyone. I guess this thing is over anyway.

link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Facebook?

Facebook was too busy banning their accounts all the while leaving ISIS's hate speech and videos up.

www.apnews.com...

pjmedia.com...

edit on 19-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Cheering on people who want to intimidate and suppress others' rights is not positive. It condones hatred and intolerance.
The President got it right the first time - "many sides" . I maintain that until that simple truth is realised and accepted, there will be no healing. It will just get worse.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Wasn't me. I wish these things could be hashed out regardless of offended people shutting it down. I guess that's why the mud pit is so popular these days.
edit on 19-8-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The nerve of some people to report T&C infractions to the moderators. And give them a chance to decide if someone's personal insults are worth removing from the thread. I guess they are Nazi's now too?

The rally today was basically over before it started because in one way or another some of the legally permitted speakers were prevented from doing so by the opposing "free speech" advocates.

To them, it seems free speech = free to speak about anything I agree with, or you are a Nazi.

link   
Any violence that took place today came from the Left. Most of it against the police.
Sorry, but that's how it went down.

link   

We all have our own agendas. You included.
This discussion has waged over 1000 posts at this point (50+ pages x 20 posts)

Yet you say we cannot have discussions?

Derp indeed.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Any violence that took place today came from the Left. Most of it against the police.

The police chief was in the crowd, congratulating the group for their 'win' and proposing the defeat of the day.

Can we all think about that for two seconds?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Pretty standard fare over the last few years, yet the biased media keep playing it down or glorifying it.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The police chief was in the crowd, congratulating the group for their 'win' and proposing the defeat of the day.

Can we all think about that for two seconds?

That is called diffusing a situation/ crowd.
If the crowd leaned the other way his words would have favored them too.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Oh of that I'm sure and aware of.

The optics however, don't paint a very pretty picture.

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join