It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The racist monument that must be torn down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Glenn Beck has resurrected a massive conspiracy concocted in the 20th Century.

And he says a statue of the perpetrator must BURN !!!

It must be defaced and smeared into the basements of history.

It needs to go.

Beck Twitter

The racist monument that must be torn down: Planned Parenthood

It’s all the rage today for Antifa and “tolerance” groups to tear down monuments from our history that depict “known racists.” The majority of these actions have come against Confederate monuments, but even people like Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt have been mentioned as current or future targets.

If that’s the road they want to go down, there’s one more name to add to the list. Planned Parenthood in general and founder Margaret Sanger in particular should be their top target. Why? Because the abortion organization’s founder had a goal of advancing “the better racial elements in our society.”

Many on the right seem to know this. Apparently, Antifa and their cohorts are either ignorant or willfully accepting of an organization that has killed more minorities in recent years than the entire Confederate army.

1.4 billion and counting and it's not a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Progressives better stop and think long and hard about if they really want to go down the road of trying to erase any history they deem racist. Many might be surprised to see where it leads them. There won't be anything left in the country.

Statues
Political parties
Politicians
Universities
Countries
Companies
Religions
Minimum Wage
Unions
Military

I mean we can go on and on and find some egregious examples of racism, bigotry, and discrimination all over the place.

edit on 17-8-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's getting harder and harder for them to deny the truth.
1.4 billion? Holy sh!t...and I thought the Nazis killed a lot of people.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Don't hold your breathe.

The antis will never do it.

That would involve being consistent.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Biggest mass murder in Human history.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Progressives better stop and think long and hard

Hahahahaha... good one.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It doesn't really fit the lefts agenda, so I don't think they are as honest about these things as we would like them to be.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm a very conservative Texan...

But I have been silent largely on these monument issues and confederate flag issues...

Everyone in America is allowed to speak freely...

However, when it comes to the civil war, we [the south] lost...

So when I'm in Tokyo, I see NO statues of Tojo, arguably one of the most influential figures of World War II...

The reason being that the losing side typically does not continue memorialiInf those who led them in a LOSS...

I'm not saying people shouldn't fly the confederate flag but when you lose a war, you typically show reticence to reminders of the loss such flags depicting the rising sun in Japan or the Nazi party...

I know Lees biography well and his hesitation at fighting his former classmates from west point....
But he was on the losing side...

Much like Tojo, he lost and while I have immense pride in my southern heritage, it does not extend to the flag under whose shadow we lost a war to our brothers of the North...

In the modern world, if u lose a war then hide your flag and don't memorialize the leaders with gigantic statues because they do not deserve the same reference as George Washington...

This is my opinion and I respectfully understand why many southerners want to memorialize their former leaders...many were great men...

But they lost..

Losers don't get to wave the flag...and we lost

Just my .02c

-Chris
edit on 17-8-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I'm a very conservative Texan.

I'd be worried about the Alamo.

Where this stupidity is going to end is anyones guess.

It might be offensive to illegals.

The next offended group.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Losers don't get to wave the flag...and we lost

It's a little more than just waving a flag. Many people lost family members who were drafted or volunteered, fought and died. The flag represents their memories of a lost loved one. Same with the statues.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
People still listen to Glen Beck?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Yes, the statues represent a less palatable (to say the least) period in our past.

If only people could realise that, and choose to not take offense. They should look upon the statue with maturity and learn from the past mistakes. They could even add a plaque, stating that the statue represents something undesirable from our past.

At worst, we could always melt them down to create a new monument, highlighting the mistakes of the past and the direction we are going.

I find it sad that many take offense to such things. We need to remember these mistakes, they are part of that which made our society today.

Much of our history is being bulldozed and erased. Nature is taking back bunkers and buildings, people are getting overly offended and destroying that which is left.
In my opinion, people need to see the horrors of what humanity has done so that we refuse to let it happen again. Destroying statues changes nothing.

"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." -Brigham Young

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

The communists killed more than the Germans in WW2, far more, and continued to do so into the 1960's, targeting at first anyone who was wealthy, next anyone who did not look to the state for sustenance, and finally, anyone who still looked to God. I haven't mentioned the Ottoman empire, which is another silenced Christian Holocaust, and one in which Ted Herzel was instrumental in, toward the end, during the Hamidian massacres.
The father of zionism was cutting deals with the sheik, currying favor, lookin for a homeland, while his enemies were being cut down after a good old fashioned defilement. Can anyone guess why there is no outcry, no Holocaust museums, no mention of this at all? It is almost completely forgotten, and all we will have to grasp of it all is 'Nazis bad', because, because...

(no reason given)

and a hole filled with ashes for the globalist cabal to stake the foundations for world control.

As long as we are stuck on slavery I thought I would mention we are right on course, and
forever. 1.4 billion is a lot of silenced mouths. The trick is to get the ones who made it out alive to 'work'
for them. Shucks. Then we're supposed to have a street war coast to coast, and after that, sorta like sandyhook,
Jimmy Holmes, and columbine, we will again be shown on TV, and then at gunpoint, one final time, that 'guns are bad'.

It all gets pinned on Trump, who is being used as a catalyst, which is just gravy for the feast, and we must all particpate, hence the blatant propaganda surge. Note that this plan essentially has galvanized both parties, and all citizenry, in bringing this conflagration about. I mean, nazis, right? If you don't like the master plan, it means you like nazis. A-and slavery. And Trump, Y'all seen the polls. What could go wrong?

I repeat: what could go wrong?
How can they lose?

How can you lose?

They know why I won't answer that.

# 851
edit on 18-8-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Guess the revived McCarthyism will be their OWN fault...YEAH ...I just said it.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You sound like a liberal trying to pass himself off as a conservative,those statues were reminders of historyof the building of the states,just because you were born 20 yrs ago,not everyone has that "me" attitude,some have pride something you lack in thru your self centered rant

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The Georgia guidestones.
Unless you want them to become part of your history.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The Robert Byrd statue in the capitol rotunda?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If we are going to judge the past by the standards of the present, and monuments are only built to men of perfect moral character, then nobody deserves one.
edit on 18-8-2017 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This is starting to sound like the prelude to the movie Equilibrium.

In a fascist future where all forms of feeling are illegal, a man in charge of enforcing the law rises to overthrow the system.

Storyline:

In a futuristic world, a strict regime has eliminated war by suppressing emotions: books, art and music are strictly forbidden and feeling is a crime punishable by death. Cleric John Preston (Bale) is a top ranking government agent responsible for destroying those who resist the rules. When he misses a dose of Prozium, a mind-altering drug that hinders emotion, Preston, who has been trained to enforce the strict laws of the new regime, suddenly becomes the only person capable of overthrowing it.

Better not feel something, you might get offended!!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I've got one better...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join